HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators sign D Andre Benoit 1yr/2 way

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2010, 01:21 PM
  #1
mrb91
Registered User
 
mrb91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kingston, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Senators sign D Andre Benoit 1yr/2 way

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535650

mrb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:23 PM
  #2
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!
 
The Waffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grenville
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,181
vCash: 500
That's a pretty good signing, I think.

The Waffler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:24 PM
  #3
Human Megaphone
Registered User
 
Human Megaphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
A former OHL first team all star who has played a meaningful role on a Calder Cup team? Seems like a win to me.

Human Megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:26 PM
  #4
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!
 
The Waffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grenville
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Megaphone View Post
A former OHL first team all star who has played a meaningful role on a Calder Cup team? Seems like a win to me.
That was the impressive part for me.

The Waffler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:27 PM
  #5
Nestea
Registered User
 
Nestea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Anybody care to give us a proper updated Sens/bingo depth chart?

Nestea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
  #6
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 13,517
vCash: 500
Hmmm. Interesting that the guy isn't quite 6 feet, but he had a decent amount of PIMs in the AHL last year and definitely put up the numbers as what I would guess is a puck-mover.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:29 PM
  #7
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,003
vCash: 500
Sens management on a roll, impressive..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:30 PM
  #8
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
The Fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,519
vCash: 500
Pretty good skater... with a pretty accurate shot. Defensive game is nothing special but he does battle.
I thoughr he could maybe become a number six along with 2nd PP unit at the NHL

Was awesome in the playoffs... maybe compares well to a Pothier... maybe gets a call up or two and does well on the bottom pair

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:36 PM
  #9
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,603
vCash: 50
I wonder if Bingo fans will finally stop whining now?

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:37 PM
  #10
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 13,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Pretty good skater... with a pretty accurate shot. Defensive game is nothing special but he does battle.
I thoughr he could maybe become a number six along with 2nd PP unit at the NHL

Was awesome in the playoffs... maybe compares well to a Pothier... maybe gets a call up or two and does well on the bottom pair
Good stuff. Thanks.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:39 PM
  #11
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"
 
SensPromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,441
vCash: 50
Finally, our team needed more d

SensPromo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:40 PM
  #12
JoeSakic
Registered User
 
JoeSakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post
I wonder if Bingo fans will finally stop whining now?
An attitude like yours perpetuates Bingo fans' dislike of the organization and fanbase. They haven't been a playoff team in 5 years...imagine Ottawa going through that type of dry spell...tell me you wouldn't be bitter and disenchanted at the organization.

I for one am happy that Bryan and Tim feel that Bingo is a good enough spot that they'll invest in some real proven AHL talent to better the results on the ice.

JoeSakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:41 PM
  #13
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post
I wonder if Bingo fans will finally stop whining now?
We shall see huh DeJong??

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:42 PM
  #14
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,592
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestea View Post
Anybody care to give us a proper updated Sens/bingo depth chart?
I don't follow Bingo much at all and I'm sure a lot of this is wrong, but here's a rough go at it...



FORWARDS
Mike Hoffman ($0.610m) / Corey Locke ($0.550m) / Roman Wick ($0.625m)
Kaspars Daugavins ($0.536m) / Ryan Keller ($0.525m) / Bobby Butler ($0.900m)
David Dziurzynski ($0.600m) / Colin Greening ($0.850m) / Erik Condra ($0.800m)
Corey Cowick ($0.611m) / Jim O'Brien ($0.816m) / Francis Lessard ($0.550m)
Jason Bailey ($0.503m) / Cody Bass ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andre Benoit ($0.000m) / David Hale ($0.675m)
Patrick Wiercioch ($0.875m) / Derek Smith ($0.550m)
Eric Gryba ($0.622m) / Geoff Kinrade ($0.550m)
/ Craig Schira ($0.545m)

GOALTENDERS
Robin Lehner ($0.900m) /Mike Brodeur ($0.600m)

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:45 PM
  #15
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,603
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
An attitude like yours perpetuates Bingo fans' dislike of the organization and fanbase. They haven't been a playoff team in 5 years...imagine Ottawa going through that type of dry spell...tell me you wouldn't be bitter and disenchanted at the organization.

I for one am happy that Bryan and Tim feel that Bingo is a good enough spot that they'll invest in some real proven AHL talent to better the results on the ice.
The problem being is that no matter what was done they complained. They complained about every little thing. Now that MUrray has finally addressed Bingo after Muckler destroyed it and left it to die, we are now seeing some results.

Murray has added top Bingo talent sprinkled with our prospects. What's not to like now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
We shall see huh DeJong??
Team should be better for sure....

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
  #16
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
An attitude like yours perpetuates Bingo fans' dislike of the organization and fanbase. They haven't been a playoff team in 5 years...imagine Ottawa going through that type of dry spell...tell me you wouldn't be bitter and disenchanted at the organization.

I for one am happy that Bryan and Tim feel that Bingo is a good enough spot that they'll invest in some real proven AHL talent to better the results on the ice.
Agreed. Good post.

Bingo is looking quite formidable. Anyone with some AHL expertise care to make up a depth chart? What I would find interesting would be comparing our roster to Hershey's. They seem to be the benchmark at this level.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
  #17
Nestea
Registered User
 
Nestea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
I don't follow Bingo much at all and I'm sure a lot of this is wrong, but here's a rough go at it...



FORWARDS
Mike Hoffman ($0.610m) / Corey Locke ($0.550m) / Roman Wick ($0.625m)
Kaspars Daugavins ($0.536m) / Ryan Keller ($0.525m) / Bobby Butler ($0.900m)
David Dziurzynski ($0.600m) / Colin Greening ($0.850m) / Erik Condra ($0.800m)
Corey Cowick ($0.611m) / Jim O'Brien ($0.816m) / Francis Lessard ($0.550m)
Jason Bailey ($0.503m) / Cody Bass ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andre Benoit ($0.000m) / David Hale ($0.675m)
Patrick Wiercioch ($0.875m) / Derek Smith ($0.550m)
Eric Gryba ($0.622m) / Geoff Kinrade ($0.550m)
/ Craig Schira ($0.545m)

GOALTENDERS
Robin Lehner ($0.900m) /Mike Brodeur ($0.600m)
Thanks.

Looking really good. D has gone from weakness to strength with Hale and Benoit. I like the mix of players.

Nestea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
  #18
bdp
Registered User
 
bdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,245
vCash: 500
Yay, more local players

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 01:58 PM
  #19
Sens Mile
Registered User
 
Sens Mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
I don't follow Bingo much at all and I'm sure a lot of this is wrong, but here's a rough go at it...



FORWARDS
Mike Hoffman ($0.610m) / Corey Locke ($0.550m) / Roman Wick ($0.625m)
Kaspars Daugavins ($0.536m) / Ryan Keller ($0.525m) / Bobby Butler ($0.900m)
David Dziurzynski ($0.600m) / Colin Greening ($0.850m) / Erik Condra ($0.800m)
Corey Cowick ($0.611m) / Jim O'Brien ($0.816m) / Francis Lessard ($0.550m)
Jason Bailey ($0.503m) / Cody Bass ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andre Benoit ($0.000m) / David Hale ($0.675m)
Patrick Wiercioch ($0.875m) / Derek Smith ($0.550m)
Eric Gryba ($0.622m) / Craig Schira ($0.545m)
/Geoff Kinrade ($0.550m)

GOALTENDERS
Robin Lehner ($0.900m) /Mike Brodeur ($0.600m)
Fixed it: Schira will be developed in the minors, he is not our 7D

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 02:04 PM
  #20
senators101
Registered User
 
senators101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,266
vCash: 500
Our farm team seems decent now. Lots of competition and good depth and D and forward.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 02:09 PM
  #21
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 14,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
An attitude like yours perpetuates Bingo fans' dislike of the organization and fanbase. They haven't been a playoff team in 5 years...imagine Ottawa going through that type of dry spell...tell me you wouldn't be bitter and disenchanted at the organization.

I for one am happy that Bryan and Tim feel that Bingo is a good enough spot that they'll invest in some real proven AHL talent to better the results on the ice.
Good point, I never really thought about it like that and forgot its been that long since Bingo made the playoffs. As youve said, imagine the *****ing on here if we went 5 years without a playoff berth. I was actually pretty desperate for hockey the year of the lockout and drove to Bingo for a B-Sens game, it was neat that the restroom for fans was like right next to where the players come out of the dressing room, if I remember correctly.

PeterSidorkiewicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 02:12 PM
  #22
Sens Mile
Registered User
 
Sens Mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
If anyone cares, on Facebook there is a Senator Post of this story with comments. One of the commentors claims that dad is a scout and the Sens are apparently trying to move Lee. Only reason I find this intresting is becuase his last name checks out and one scout shares the last name and is from that area.

Just an assumption but maybe backdoorpass identity?

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 02:12 PM
  #23
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,870
vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Wow, impressed by Murray! He's on fire

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 02:13 PM
  #24
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Good point, I never really thought about it like that and forgot its been that long since Bingo made the playoffs. As youve said, imagine the *****ing on here if we went 5 years without a playoff berth. I was actually pretty desperate for hockey the year of the lockout and drove to Bingo for a B-Sens game, it was neat that the restroom for fans was like right next to where the players come out of the dressing room, if I remember correctly.
Yup, real close by, all the restrooms are on the corners of the building..that lockout yr was the last playoff team here, and that has been it..and I won't go into the Elliott fiasco saga a few seasons ago when Bingo fell flat on our face towards the end of the season..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 02:16 PM
  #25
dmarc
SENS!!!!!!!
 
dmarc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 500
I love how T Murray said after the Hale signing they'd have one more to announce and that was it....three signings later... ha ha its okay though

Looks good for Bingo,

When do they come to town again, would be a nice lineup to see. I think its also good cause its going to show P W that he needs to earn his icetime cause we just signed some solid and experienced vets, should push him to be better

dmarc is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.