HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects and contracts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2004, 12:40 PM
  #1
BigBadBruins77
Registered User
 
BigBadBruins77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Prospects and contracts

I believe NHL teams have until May 31 to sign players drafted 2 years ago. Anyone knows what is the status of such players. Will the Bruins sign them or will they not offer contracts to some of them. I believe unsigned players will be eligible to re-enter the draft.

BigBadBruins77 is offline  
Old
05-28-2004, 12:59 PM
  #2
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruins77
I believe NHL teams have until May 31 to sign players drafted 2 years ago. Anyone knows what is the status of such players. Will the Bruins sign them or will they not offer contracts to some of them. I believe unsigned players will be eligible to re-enter the draft.
as far as i know, it's june 1st...and the bruins have no such players this time around, as they went with no picks from the CHL in 2002.

neelynugs is offline  
Old
05-28-2004, 01:10 PM
  #3
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
as far as i know, it's june 1st...and the bruins have no such players this time around, as they went with no picks from the CHL in 2002.
In fact they took Peter Hamerlik who was playing for the Kingston Frontenacs in the OHL that year.
But Hamerlik re-entered in the draft in 2002 cause he couldn't come to terms with the Pens who drafted him in 2000. I don't know if he can re-enter the draft a second time or if he his already under contract with the Bruins but he is the only CHL player that the Bruins drafted that year...

Jean_Jacket41 is offline  
Old
05-28-2004, 01:15 PM
  #4
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
In fact they took Peter Hamerlik who was playing for the Kingston Frontenacs in the OHL that year.
But Hamerlik re-entered in the draft in 2002 cause he couldn't come to terms with the Pens who drafted him in 2000. I don't know if he can re-enter the draft a second time or if he his already under contract with the Bruins but he is the only CHL player that the Bruins drafted that year...
that's correct...thanks for the info. i guess i just passed over hamerlik b/c he played pro hockey this year, so i assumed he was signed (making his re-entry status a moot point)

neelynugs is offline  
Old
05-28-2004, 01:46 PM
  #5
HockeyGoddess
 
HockeyGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Hamerlik is Bruins property at this time (may be up for a contract renewal) but he's in the Bruins organization under contract and has been for a couple years now, I believe.

EDIT: Just checked... the B's signed him to a 3-year deal on September 9, 2002.

HockeyGoddess is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.