Notices

Prospects and contracts

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2004, 12:40 PM
BigBadBruins77

vCash: 500
Prospects and contracts

I believe NHL teams have until May 31 to sign players drafted 2 years ago. Anyone knows what is the status of such players. Will the Bruins sign them or will they not offer contracts to some of them. I believe unsigned players will be eligible to re-enter the draft.

Old
05-28-2004, 12:59 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruins77
I believe NHL teams have until May 31 to sign players drafted 2 years ago. Anyone knows what is the status of such players. Will the Bruins sign them or will they not offer contracts to some of them. I believe unsigned players will be eligible to re-enter the draft.
as far as i know, it's june 1st...and the bruins have no such players this time around, as they went with no picks from the CHL in 2002.

Old
05-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
as far as i know, it's june 1st...and the bruins have no such players this time around, as they went with no picks from the CHL in 2002.
In fact they took Peter Hamerlik who was playing for the Kingston Frontenacs in the OHL that year.
But Hamerlik re-entered in the draft in 2002 cause he couldn't come to terms with the Pens who drafted him in 2000. I don't know if he can re-enter the draft a second time or if he his already under contract with the Bruins but he is the only CHL player that the Bruins drafted that year...

Old
05-28-2004, 01:15 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
In fact they took Peter Hamerlik who was playing for the Kingston Frontenacs in the OHL that year.
But Hamerlik re-entered in the draft in 2002 cause he couldn't come to terms with the Pens who drafted him in 2000. I don't know if he can re-enter the draft a second time or if he his already under contract with the Bruins but he is the only CHL player that the Bruins drafted that year...
that's correct...thanks for the info. i guess i just passed over hamerlik b/c he played pro hockey this year, so i assumed he was signed (making his re-entry status a moot point)

Old
05-28-2004, 01:46 PM
HockeyGoddess

Hamerlik is Bruins property at this time (may be up for a contract renewal) but he's in the Bruins organization under contract and has been for a couple years now, I believe.

EDIT: Just checked... the B's signed him to a 3-year deal on September 9, 2002.

Closed Thread