HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nhl:fe

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2004, 06:19 PM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Nhl:fe

anybody download the beta version and run it yet?

Old
05-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
I have, but I haven't really done anything with it yet (been pretty busy). But I'll dive into it today and see what happens.

Old
05-28-2004, 06:30 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I have.

Its different from the old EHM, but I'm used to it, having played CM religiously since CM3. I'm loving it...the regular release is gonna be a blast.

There ARE some things that could be made better but I honestly couldn't ask for anything more.

Old
05-28-2004, 06:32 PM
outKast*

What's CM and NHL FE and EHM and where may i download these i ask? anybody have links?

Last edited by outKast*: 05-28-2004 at 06:37 PM.
Old
05-28-2004, 06:35 PM
oh_canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
anybody download the beta version and run it yet?

This is available where Rabi? you got a link?

Old
05-28-2004, 06:38 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
basically its in the lounge but use this link here:

http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php?type=game&id=14

Old
05-28-2004, 07:04 PM
ToothlessAggression

Finally, I've been playing EHM for two years and it was starting to get old.

Old
05-28-2004, 07:49 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
What's CM and NHL FE and EHM and where may i download these i ask? anybody have links?
CM = Championship Manager (Soccer Sim game)
EHM = Eastside Hockey Manager (Hockey Sim game)

EHM uses the engine for the CM series and probably a more anticipated hockey game than NHL Hockey 2005. You are the GM of your favorite hockey team and you run it like a real hockey club. Highly addictive.

Old
05-28-2004, 09:01 PM
momentai

Played it. It was alright but the layout is definitely NOT user-friendly in comparison with its predecessor. A lot of things are done by drop down windows which, to me, is both confusing and tedious. Making trades gets particularly annoying in a sense because each player must be individually "added" to the trade separately. A 5 player deal requires you to go to 5 separate player screens. Unless you found a quicker way USC?

I don't know. Everything from demotions, callups, trades, etc. seem slower than the freeware version. Impressive project but I can't help but say I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I'll get used to it? (BTW apparently Hemsky speaks fluent english and basic french... )

Old
05-28-2004, 09:25 PM
rabi_sultan

well log onto SIgames.com and voice ur opinion on the project so that Riz and his team can do something about it.

Old
05-28-2004, 09:34 PM
o98

Send a message via MSN to o98
I've been playing EHM for a couple years now (or about 150-200 in game ) and this new version seems incredibly difficult to use compared to the original.
I feel totally lost with this new interface.

Last edited by o98: 05-28-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old
05-28-2004, 09:35 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
well log onto SIgames.com and voice ur opinion on the project so that Riz and his team can do something about it.
I was there a while ago. It's been said multiple times over there already. I think it's just the fact that it's based off the CM engine and design. Perhaps I'm just not used to it...

Old
05-28-2004, 11:11 PM
ToothlessAggression

What is with offering contracts? Why is it in thousands, when it says I should be offering millions? I can't even figure out how to sim my games.

Am I just stupid or is it this confusing?

Old
05-29-2004, 12:00 AM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergize
What is with offering contracts? Why is it in thousands, when it says I should be offering millions?
You're looking at the salary in weekly or monthly increments; look at it in yearly (under game options).

I find the interface rather non-intuitive myself. Buttons everywhere.

I was saved from playing it all night by it crashing on me.

Old
05-29-2004, 01:17 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

So far it looks weird to me. And this whole "the board will only let you offer this player (blank)" is such BS.

EHM I'm still playing. My franchise I always end up coming back to is in about 2010, we've just won our 5th straight cup, and the board has made 35 mil each of the last 5 seasons. And I don't even wanna talk about my farm team. Let's just say 80 wins is no longer a figment of imaginations.

Old
05-29-2004, 01:35 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
its very addictive. everything from waiver drafts to scouting WJC players to media praise and cirticism.

BTW Oiler fans, you picked up Kiprusoff in the waiver draft :lol

Old
05-29-2004, 02:32 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Making trades gets particularly annoying in a sense because each player must be individually "added" to the trade separately. A 5 player deal requires you to go to 5 separate player screens. Unless you found a quicker way USC?
Nope, I haven't found a quicker way, but its similar to the style of CM (where you buy only one player most of the time) so I'm used to it. Maybe they'll improve on that in NHL: EHM 2?

Old
05-29-2004, 06:49 PM
rabi_sultan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
its very addictive. everything from waiver drafts to scouting WJC players to media praise and cirticism.

BTW Oiler fans, you picked up Kiprusoff in the waiver draft :lol
yeah? well looks like we're gonna win the cup and not the flames

Old
05-31-2004, 02:07 AM
ToothlessAggression

I'm guessing you can only use NHL teams in the beta, or am I missing something?

Old
06-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Jim_Harnock

You can use NHL teams and British league teams. Just use the British fast-start option.

By the way, anyone else notice the price of the game? The pre-order is listed in pounds sterling, but convert that to Canadian dollar and it's nearly $70!!

Old
06-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Harnock
You can use NHL teams and British league teams. Just use the British fast-start option.

By the way, anyone else notice the price of the game? The pre-order is listed in pounds sterling, but convert that to Canadian dollar and it's nearly $70!!
$70!!!

Ouch. I was a surefire bet to buy the game but that's more than buying NHL2005 and that game you can actually PLAY games. I was thinking something more like $20-$30.

One thing I am curious about. Why does the roster always reload up with players whenever I try to send them down to the farm. I've got 54 players on my roster now and the max is 22. I'm so confused.

Also - how do you check to see how many years are left on a contract? I liked the layout in the EaSports NHL2004 game. You could see how many years were left on a contract you were thinking of trading for. Maybe I missed where it was.

All in all, though. The game is interesting. It's certainly not worth $70 though.

Old
06-05-2004, 08:03 PM
ToothlessAggression

$70? At that price I think I'll stick with the original EHM for a while.

Old
06-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
One thing I am curious about. Why does the roster always reload up with players whenever I try to send them down to the farm. I've got 54 players on my roster now and the max is 22. I'm so confused.
Yup kept happening to me too. Once the player max goes into effect you have to make some decisions. Half the guys I sent down to the RR's had to clear waivers.

Old
06-06-2004, 01:12 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
If you guys are looking for something new I HIGHLY reckomend the DWSHL. It's an FHL based simulation. It uses real players, but the teams are fictional (for example I'm the Kingston IceDogs, and there is a New York Vipers, and a Winnipeg T-Rex). Of all FHL leagues that exist- it was ranked the third best after coming off a very poor year we had last year because the Commish was extremely busy with school. Pretty much anybody who's in it swears by it (including me). It's also currently the off season and I believe we just punted a couple GMs due to poor performance (level of participation, not making a couple so-so trades or anything like that). go to dwshl.com if you want to check it out and email me @ thome_26@hotmail.com if you want to know more - it truely is a GREAT sim!

Oh, I forgot to state (unless it wasn't obvious, lol) that it isn't just you and a computer - it's interaction with other humans over instant message/emails. We have life chats for the draft and such which is a blast - Alot of teams have even made their own site for their team on the net- it's a blast!

Last edited by thome_26: 06-06-2004 at 01:20 AM.
Old
06-06-2004, 01:52 AM
The Rage

As far as the price goes, I have enjoyed CM far more than any sports game I have ever owned (in fact, probably more than any game period), so I think it's a fair price if you're the type of person who gets addicted to it.

Closed Thread