HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nhl:fe

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2004, 03:22 AM
The Imp

vCash: 50
The thing is, the Beta version is limited to one season. So I guess the signing of players is limited, too. For the player to be able to sign people, he'd need to know hte state of finances, no? That is conspicuously absent.

Old
06-06-2004, 07:47 AM
riz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petelars
The thing is, the Beta version is limited to one season. So I guess the signing of players is limited, too. For the player to be able to sign people, he'd need to know hte state of finances, no? That is conspicuously absent.
Team screen -> "Info" tab from the left -> "View" dropdown -> "Finances"
Also available from the same menu are the detailed ins and outs of the finances.

To check when the contracts on your team expire:
Team screen -> "View" dropdown -> "Contract"

The trading screens have been streamlined since the beta and adding players to a trade can now also be done on the roster screen with one click.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and we're deeply sorry but we cannot control retail prices. That is out of our hands. Any other feedback and we'll be happy to try and sort it out in the game

Old
06-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
As far as the price goes, I have enjoyed CM far more than any sports game I have ever owned (in fact, probably more than any game period), so I think it's a fair price if you're the type of person who gets addicted to it.
You're right. After I made my post I slept on it and realized - this game is probably going to be very, VERY, VEEEEEEEERY addictive. I may break for the pricetag yet.

Old
06-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
Hope this helps.
Hey gang, we're in the presence of greatness here-I believe this poster is none other than Risto Remes, the guy who wrote Eastside Hockey Manager, and has been working on the new edition for some time. For all the fun I had playing the shareware version, I will certainly buy the new game. Let's here it for Riz: for a Rangers fan, he's all right!

Old
06-07-2004, 05:40 PM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
Hey gang, we're in the presence of greatness here-I believe this poster is none other than Risto Remes, the guy who wrote Eastside Hockey Manager, and has been working on the new edition for some time. For all the fun I had playing the shareware version, I will certainly buy the new game. Let's here it for Riz: for a Rangers fan, he's all right!
Heh...I've been around these boards ever since our Rangers community moved over from Rivals. Just trying to stop on other team boards as well to help out with beta related questions

Old
06-07-2004, 08:15 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
Team screen ->

Oh, and we're deeply sorry but we cannot control retail prices. That is out of our hands. Any other feedback and we'll be happy to try and sort it out in the game
Alright, well, that bug that brings everyone up from the minors needs to go in a big hurry.

The player signing system should be changed. This whole "the board will allow you to sign this player for..." is garbage.

Trades shouldn't take several days to complete, negotiations should happen fairly instantly.

Scouting lists should remain as opposed to needing to be saved.

Evening Fixtures??? Evening Games more like it, or Evening schedule.

Mostly it's just tweaks, but alot of things need some attention from hockey-wise and NHL-wise people, lots of little things. Plenty of player sizes and numbers are also wrong, but I'm sure that will get fixed.

This game has enormous potential, just hope that little things don't bog it down like they do in the beta.

Old
06-07-2004, 08:43 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

The player signing system should be changed. This whole "the board will allow you to sign this player for..." is garbage.

Trades shouldn't take several days to complete, negotiations should happen fairly instantly.
I think the intent is to make the game as realistic as possible. In real life, you don't get unlimited funds and it takes a while before deals are made.

Old
06-07-2004, 11:13 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Yup, I like how signings don't happen instantly - makes you think a bit before making offers. (That's an EHM comment, the beta for FE crashed on me too much to try out. )

And the number of times I've traded a guy, then gone... doh, I have a game tonight! Usually a farm guy gets a callup and a welcome NHL game in that case.

I like EHM, I'd like to like FE but that retail price is just too high right now. Yeah, it's on a par with other new high-end retail games, but... I think those are mostly overpriced too.

Old
06-08-2004, 01:24 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
I think the intent is to make the game as realistic as possible. In real life, you don't get unlimited funds and it takes a while before deals are made.
You'd get fired for spending too much money and not having it work out. It's not like the board says "this is how much you can offer (player type blank)" simply by how you set things up, that's horribly unrealistic. Have it as an option if anything. Speaking of which, where are the options?? This thing is supposed to be customizable. Must be in the works.

As for negotiations, GMs call each other up all the time, my point is you should get responses more instantly.

Old
06-25-2004, 08:49 AM
aj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus

I like EHM, I'd like to like FE but that retail price is just too high right now. Yeah, it's on a par with other new high-end retail games, but... I think those are mostly overpriced too.
Where have you seen a Canadian retail price?

Old
06-25-2004, 09:26 AM
riz

Try out the gold demo, responses to trade offers should be pretty quick, more or less the next day or two at most. At deadlines, they are instant.

As for the pricing, all prices that you see here quoted in US or Canadian $ should be prices that you get if you import the game from a European store. The North American retail release is later on this year and at this time there shouldn't be any NA retailers selling the game yet (unless they import it and thus have a higher price because of that).

Once the game is available in retail in NA, it should be priced as other regular games. Naturally we cannot guarantee the prices since we don't set them, but going by the prices seen across Europe, it should be no different from other games.

Old
06-25-2004, 11:05 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj
Where have you seen a Canadian retail price?
Sorry, missed this - I haven't. The UK pricing I've seen, once translated to Canuck pesos, is roughly equivalent to a new retail game, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it at that level once it is released in NA markets.

It's not a slight against FE, I'm not fond of paying $60-$70 for a retail game, but that's the way the market is. So I mostly don't buy new.

Old
06-25-2004, 11:12 PM
Oilers Ent

I prefer to focus on the the GM stuff and never coach my team. The result is that my team sucks. I'm constantly bridging the 9-11 rank in the Western standings. I even hired an extra assistant to help out but not much has changed. Trades didn't really affect much either.

I guess the current Oilers just aren't an elite team.

Old
06-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Oilers Ent

I followed Riz's propagandha and accepted that - yes - I would be using my Money's worth on this game. As a result I forked over the dough and will keep checking my mailbox for a package from the UK.

Can you believe that Amazon.uk had an option to mail to the United States but not Canada???

What's the Governer General being paid for?

Old
06-28-2004, 03:38 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
its ok i'll sort it out for you guys all i ask is you all just send me a reply box of twinkies, we don't get them here.

Old
06-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Oilers Ent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
its ok i'll sort it out for you guys all i ask is you all just send me a reply box of twinkies, we don't get them here.
That's awful. No twinkies? But you guys have Liver & Onion Crisps. I'd die for those. Oh, and Guiness on the tap!

Old
06-28-2004, 09:10 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
liver & onion aint seen those yet.

Closed Thread