HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Jersey & Logo Talk (Green To Stay Confirmed!)

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2011, 08:25 PM
RTstars11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFanInCanada View Post
Something just came to mind recently, and I'm sure it passed every Stars fans mind at least once. What if the Stars went with Blue as their color?
You got the Cowboys, the Rangers and Mavs. Don't get me wrong, I love our colors (green, gold, white and black) but it be cool to see some concepts of Stars jersey with Blue, white, grey.

Just copied my previous design and changed the colors. Going from the Stars' green and gold to this blue is a pretty radical change, but I actually kind of like it. It would definitely make for an interesting alternate.

Last edited by RTstars11: 06-12-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old
06-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Bennrocks

That actually looks really good
If it was our alternate and we had a green and a white as our regular jerseys i could get behind the idea

Old
06-12-2011, 09:03 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
No. Just no. Wrong.

This isn't Pittsburgh.

Old
06-12-2011, 09:32 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

lol very cool looking! I like it

Old
06-12-2011, 11:44 PM
ColeJ

making the stars more like the cowboys in any way would only make me like the stars less.

we're green and gold. black, where applicable. not blue and silver. or black, red, and green. -pukes-

Old
06-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Not a fan.

06-13-2011, 08:05 AM
RTstars11

I knew that concept would draw negative attention as soon as StarsFan thought of it. While I personally don't hate it, I think it's safe to say we all know the Stars would never change their color scheme to mock Pittsburgh as Piqued said, just simply a concept I did out of boredom, and I was intrigued to see what it looked like.

Old
06-13-2011, 08:37 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
On a more constructive note, that might be the only time I've seen light-colored pants work. That scheme could be used by another team. Maybe Columbus?

Old
06-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Rune Forumwalker

The only way it would work is as a 3rd jersey while the normal home and away jerseys have green in them again (the dark green, not the kelly green; no offense, I just never liked it). Like say in the early 2000's when the base of our previous 3rds became the base of our home and away jerseys. Have one be green, black, and gold while the other is green, white, and gold.

That is the only circumstance in which I could see having a third jersey with blue, white, and grey.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:25 PM
bhetz23
G-14 Classified

Quote:
Something just came to mind recently, and I'm sure it passed every Stars fans mind at least once. What if the Stars went with Blue as their color?
You got the Cowboys, the Rangers and Mavs. Don't get me wrong, I love our colors (green, gold, white and black) but it be cool to see some concepts of Stars jersey with Blue, white, grey.
Please, don't take offense when I say, not only no, but heellllll no!

The Cowboys are blue and silver. I wish the Mavericks would go back to using more green in their uniforms, and the Rangers never should have gotten away from the greatness of their red uniforms. The Stars are green and gold, and that should never change. Personally, I think they should use the least amount of black as possible.

Just my .02, and my .02 is free.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:47 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhetz23 View Post
Please, don't take offense when I say, not only no, but heellllll no!

The Cowboys are blue and silver. I wish the Mavericks would go back to using more green in their uniforms, and the Rangers never should have gotten away from the greatness of their red uniforms. The Stars are green and gold, and that should never change. Personally, I think they should use the least amount of black as possible.

Just my .02, and my .02 is free.
No no, i feel the same way. It's good that the Stars have their own history and not follow the steps of other Dallas franchises. But it was just a thought that crossed my mind, i love the green, gold and black colors!
Was just curious, that's all.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Brand New Stars

I could no longer like the Stars if they copied the Cowgirls color scheme.

Old
06-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Quote:
No no, i feel the same way. It's good that the Stars have their own history and not follow the steps of other Dallas franchises. But it was just a thought that crossed my mind, i love the green, gold and black colors!
Was just curious, that's all.
Cant blame ya for trying something different, it obviously isn't a first choice amongst us fans, but as someone else said, it does have potential for a different team, Im thinking you add some puke coloured yellow and you've got a new Nashville jersey.

Old
07-01-2011, 07:57 PM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTstars11 View Post
Thanks for the comments so far guys.

Old
07-01-2011, 08:02 PM
tjcurrie

Quote:
I definitely like these. They would make Dino Ciccarelli come out of retirement !

Not a fan of most of the others on here I gotta say.

Two-tone green = no thanks

Weird alternate symbol = no thanks

Any chance of doing these with green helmets instead ? Also wondering , what about trying green at the end of the sleeves with just a black stripe ? Though the solid black looks awesome too.

Old
07-01-2011, 08:12 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

any update on the 3rd jerseys?

Old
07-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
any update on the 3rd jerseys?
Waiting until the new owner comes along I'm guessing.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
07-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Stevonidas
Wanna go pretty boy?

Quote:
Thanks for the comments so far guys.

These'll never see the light of day. They're too good, and we can't have that anymore in the NHL.

Old
07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
tjcurrie

I think these are the best mock ups Ive seen. Obviously we all have little ideas of tweaks to make here and there but overall these are awesome and pretty much exactly what the Stars should be using.

Keeping in mind I'm far from a photo editing wiz, I did my own little tweaks just to see what they looked like and to see what you guys thought. I added black striping and in one version I changed the helmet to green like the North Stars use to have.

Last edited by tjcurrie: 07-02-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old
07-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

Alright, so this is the proper thread to post this in.

My Stars concept, very similar to the one made by RTstars11 which I hadn't seen before but looks really good. I prefer his shade of green, I just went with your green from colorwerx.us and it might be a bit to dark.

Old
07-21-2011, 12:16 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Amazing.

Old
07-21-2011, 04:57 PM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post

My Stars concept, very similar to the one made by RTstars11 which I hadn't seen before but looks really good. I prefer his shade of green, I just went with your green from colorwerx.us and it might be a bit to dark.

These would be perfect! God, our current jerseys are *****.... love this alternate as well

Old
07-23-2011, 02:20 AM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post

I like the green version posted just a few posts above over your darker green, no offense. But I love the retro green. My choices are either or, but the old school North Stars fan in me says the retros. They hit the retro nail on the head. Awesome.

Old
07-23-2011, 04:00 AM
ColeJ

here's something i put together not too long ago on ****************

i'll copy and paste what i said about them. (i actually am doing a series to tweak all 30 nhl teams uniforms)

Quote:
After another long wait, I present you with my concept for the greatest hockey team known to man. My Dallas Stars.

This concept took a lot of thought and a lot of effort. A lot of scrapped ideas. I've always found it incredibly difficult to make a concept for my favorite teams... simply because every look in team history has a bit of nostalgia for me, so it's hard to decide which elements I'd like to put together in my own design. I know what I don't like about every Stars jersey ever, but I'm not sure I know what I do like about them all, other than that they're Stars jerseys.

With this concept, I made a few noticeable tweaks. The first thing you'll probably notice is the shade of green I used. It's not exactly the same shade of Kelly green that the North Stars and 1993 Dallas Stars used, but it's pretty much halfway between that shade and the current green used by the Stars and Wild. I actually really like the overall look of the Stars white sweaters right now. The level of green and gold on there is perfect, and looks like modern day version of the North Stars, without biting any of their former designs in the process. It's far from perfect however, with the curved arm stripes and minimal waist stripes... I like the general look enough to use it as a base for my home and road, with an emphasis on green and gold, and black dropped to a tertiary (or even quaternary?) color. Basically, I drew inspiration from Team Canada in the Vancouver Olympics, with their solid red and white uniforms with black equipment. I think it's a way for Dallas to really stake claim as THE green team of the NHL, without going full-out head-to-toe green, which can look overwhelming in some cases (especially with brighter greens like the shade I chose). I also drew inspiration from the now-defunct Iowa Stars, who used gold numbers on their green sweater, rather than the customary white.

The alternate jersey was inspired by the old London Knights black sweaters (Tavares-era) which were in-turn inspired by the 91-Cup-Run era Stars jerseys. The logo on this sweater was actually designed by a good friend of mine named Ken Chernoff. I made a few color tweaks and alterations to it, but the genesis of the entire logo design came from that man's mind. It's basically a Dallas version of the classic North Stars N-Star, with a D for Dallas. Rather than having the Star in the "northern" part of the logo, it's in the southwest corner of the D, also giving the logo a subtle boot-and-spur shape. It's pretty ingenious, so I made sure to ask him for permission so I could include it in my concept. Interestingly enough, I showed that very logo to Brett Hull about a year ago during a conversation about the Stars up-coming alternate jersey that he has had a hand in designing, and he was intrigued. He said that our future alternate jersey would be green and inspired by the North Stars aesthetic, but I haven't heard any word on what he plans to use as the logo... Ken said that he hasn't heard anything back from Brett on the design in a year, so we're hoping it's not going to turn into a Baltimore Ravens situation. Regardless, I think it's genius, and that's why I'm rambling on.

Without further ado, here is my concept for the Dallas Stars, in all their Kelly-Green-Glory.

Old
07-23-2011, 06:47 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

wow three back to back to back great concepts, can't choose which one is my favorite! Very well done though ColeJ, love all three jersey designs.

Wish our jersey set or our soon to be alternate look similar to these designs

Closed Thread