HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Getting Back into Ice Hockey....need Skate Help!

Old
08-16-2010, 09:42 AM
nd23rin

vCash: 500
Getting Back into Ice Hockey....need Skate Help!

Hi All-

I am getting back into ice hockey as a 31 year old, still skate from time to time, but living in FL, it's pretty limited to whenever there are public skates etc. Which brings me to my point....I am looking for some good skates and I have a pretty decent budget so I would say anything below the price of TotalOne is not out of the question.

Anyway, I am looking closely at the one95....found a place with them still in stock for $399. I measured my foot according to the instructions and I come up with about 10.8 inches length, and when I didvide that by the width I get about 2.58 which is sort of in between regular and wide. Not really having any stores close enough to just stop in to try any one I am a bit worried about going with a size 9D. I am a 10.5 shoe size as well. Does anyone know if the one95 tend to run a bit wider or narrower as I am sort of in the middle.

Also, $399 seems to be an OK price for one95's, but a few stores sell them for as low as $299 however never in a size 9 at this point. Does anyone have a bead on a place with a better deal??

Thanks!

nd23rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Cattman
Laughing Skulls HC

Where in FL do you live? If anywhere near Orlando, I recommend going to RVD. I went down there from Jax. We hit seaworld up during the day, and I went over there in the afternoon. I took my old skates with me to get sharpened. I ended up staying there for 2 hours, trying on different skates. The guy there was very helpful. Afterwards they baked and sharpened both pair of skates for me.

Cattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 04:31 PM
jsykes

You need to go somewhere and try skates on. Internet ordering is mainly just for those that KNOW what works for them. All skates fit differently and the Supreme skate fits a very specific foot type. It does run slightly wide, also slightly greater in volume than some others.

If you have to make a day trip of it, you should, its that important with skate fitting. Its not like the skates of old that were mostly leather and molded to fit a lot of feet. Current skates do not give and reform a lot and you need to find the one that fits your foot properly to begin with.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd23rin View Post
Does anyone have a bead on a place with a better deal??

Thanks!
Hockey Monkey. Here check out this place for coupons.
http://www.quicktoclick.com/codes/ho...ey-coupons.asp

Also Hockey Giant:
http://www.couponcabin.com/coupons/hockey-giant/

Hope this helps
Head coach