HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

The Blues need to rebuild.

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2004, 07:32 PM
BigAl

vCash: 500
The Blues need to rebuild.

I have been a Blues fan for years, and am sick and tired of them being just competitive. I would really like to see them deal away Weight and Tkachuk and try to move up in the draft. Honestly....they should just keep Jackman, Backman, Belle, and Pronger...and that is it. They really need to get a good young goalie and some young energized forwards upfront. I really hope Pleau does something to drastically change the team this summer. I don't care if they miss the playoffs for the first time in 24 years. They should sell the farm and hope to get a shot at Crosby or Brule. Anyone from St.Louis or that is a Blues fan catch wind of any trades that might take place this summer?

Old
05-29-2004, 12:38 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

If there is a season next year...the Blues may miss the playoffs but no shot at Crosby...Impossible to move all those salaries to get to the point where you will finish last in the league.

Old
05-29-2004, 02:03 AM
CuSa_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROCKET
I have been a Blues fan for years, and am sick and tired of them being just competitive. I would really like to see them deal away Weight and Tkachuk and try to move up in the draft. Honestly....they should just keep Jackman, Backman, Belle, and Pronger...and that is it. They really need to get a good young goalie and some young energized forwards upfront. I really hope Pleau does something to drastically change the team this summer. I don't care if they miss the playoffs for the first time in 24 years. They should sell the farm and hope to get a shot at Crosby or Brule. Anyone from St.Louis or that is a Blues fan catch wind of any trades that might take place this summer?
Check out this place, plenty of Blues fans here...

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=32

There hasn't been any "catching wind" that I'm aware of, however some speculation of Weight to Florida for their 3 2nd round picks, while the Blues pick up 3/7 of Weight's contract.

Closed Thread