HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ennis wins the Calder this season

Old
10-08-2010, 10:32 PM
static80

vCash: 500
BUMP!

To Jame and his henchmen:

Don't look now, but Hecht isn't on the top 2 scoring lines and Ennis has quickly started to state his case for the Calder Trophy.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:47 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
81 more games like this, and yes yes yes. yes.

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Have My Baby Pierre

Wasn't really a good game by him and he still managed to get two assists.

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:59 PM
dugman

I just want to say that if Tyler Ennis doesn't break all of Wayne Gretzky's records in his rookie season, I'll be very disappointed, and call for Darcy to be fired. And Lindy, too.

dugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:11 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Featherbottom View Post
Wasn't really a good game by him and he still managed to get two assists.
not only that, you could tell the chemistry was off. imagine if he was on the right line.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:19 PM
whiplash

He is on pace for 164 points guys! And Roy is on pace for 164 GOALS!

Seriously, some people just shouldn't be allowed to smoke crack

whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Shmuffalo
It's SAMSON, bozo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent View Post
not only that, you could tell the chemistry was off. imagine if he was on the right line.
i liked him best when he was with connolly and pominville last season.

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:53 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Costanza View Post
i liked him best when he was with connolly and pominville last season.

i agree. and a point can be made that this team looks like it has two solid scoring lines. since its nice and early, we all hope that the team can figure it out. we have seen these players for a few years now so it seems easier to put things together. i am looking forward to tomorrow. i am just 100% convinced that ennis could bring pominville back to that 5 million dollar player.

they did a lot bringing in nieds.

Old
10-09-2010, 12:19 AM
thewall

I took Ennis in a hockey pool.. I hope your prediction of 70 pts comes true.. LOL.. i took him in the 5th round of a 28 players pool!

i was picking 6th out of 28 position.. snake draft

Parise
Duchene
Briere
Boyle
Ennis
Filatov
Sutter (Car)
Fehr

we drop our 2 lowest point getters..

thewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 12:36 AM
jfb392

I personally thought the lines were stupid tonight and Ennis looked nervous most of the time.
He won't be benched next game since he had two assists, but I think Gerbe would bring a lot more. (Not overrating him here, but Ennis couldn't receive a pass to save his life tonight.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 01:48 AM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I personally thought the lines were stupid tonight and Ennis looked nervous most of the time.
He won't be benched next game since he had two assists, but I think Gerbe would bring a lot more. (Not overrating him here, but Ennis couldn't receive a pass to save his life tonight.

Ennis was skating through the neutral zone with grace. I thought his decision making was creating all sorts of opportunity and he worked hard on every shift. sure you can make the point that gerbe deserves to play. however ennis was a first round pick and he has played like a star. the roster is what it is.

you want to see gerbe and i am just wondering what it is he brings in a greater degree? most games are won around 3-2 with a one goal margin. i think its vital that we respect the attributes of the team and while gerbe is an asset, ennis is the best first round draft pick since vanek.

i also think that it is vital that we have an imposing 4th line. with mccormick, gaustad and kaleta after awhile they will be able to out smart teams to score goals and grind it out. they just have to work on their passing.

now i like gerbe but he makes 850,000. if i had that kind of money... amazon.com would love making recommendations. school books sure are expensive these days.

Last edited by ImpressedDAHagent: 10-09-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old
10-09-2010, 02:37 AM
jfb392

Quote:

Ennis was skating through the neutral zone with grace. I thought his decision making was creating all sorts of opportunity and he worked hard on every shift. sure you can make the point that gerbe deserves to play. however ennis was a first round pick and he has played like a star. the roster is what it is.

you want to see gerbe and i am just wondering what it is he brings in a greater degree? most games are won around 3-2 with a one goal margin. i think its vital that we respect the attributes of the team and while gerbe is an asset, ennis is the best first round draft pick since vanek.

i also think that it is vital that we have an imposing 4th line. with mccormick, gaustad and kaleta after awhile they will be able to out smart teams to score goals and grind it out. they just have to work on their passing.

now i like gerbe but he makes 850,000. if i had that kind of money... amazon.com would love making recommendations. school books sure are expensive these days.
I don't care how he was skating, none of his passes connected and he couldn't catch any either, it seemed.
He had two assists because Roy was able to recover two pucks aimlessly thrown at him; he gloved down the first one and kicked the second one to his stick because the pass was in his skates.
I wish I had more evidence but I'd need to be able to watch the game over, since these things obviously wouldn't be in highlights.
It might have just been the lines or something, I personally thought they were stupid.

Why would Gerbe be on the 4th line?
Bench Ennis and throw Gerbe in the top 6.
He is chippy and evasive and uses his size to create chances.

I don't understand what being a first round pick has to do with it; it's not like you're entitled to play or anything..
Ennis is no doubt talented, but Gerbe produced pretty much like a first rounder in college.
He wasn't a first rounder when selected, but he wasn't bad.
His size was most likely a big reason why teams may have passed on him.
I've liked what I've seen from him in the pre-season so far and I really think he makes the line up more dynamic.
It's kind of hard to fit both in the lineup though, since both are top 6 forwards and there is not enough room for both.
Unfortunately, that problem might be solved this year if Nathan isn't happy with his role, since he'll be a restricted free agent.

I don't understand your point about money, since it has really nothing to do with this at all..
Ennis makes $25k more than him anyways.

Old
10-09-2010, 02:53 AM
The Colonel

Quote:
I don't care how he was skating, none of his passes connected and he couldn't catch any either, it seemed.
He had two assists because Roy was able to recover two pucks aimlessly thrown at him; he gloved down the first one and kicked the second one to his stick because the pass was in his skates.
I wish I had more evidence but I'd need to be able to watch the game over, since these things obviously wouldn't be in highlights.
It might have just been the lines or something, I personally thought they were stupid.

I don't understand what being a first round pick has to do with it; it's not like you're entitled to play or anything..
Ennis is no doubt talented, but Gerbe produced pretty much like a first rounder in college.
I've liked what I've seen from him in the pre-season so far and I really think he makes the line up more dynamic.
It's kind of hard to fit both in the lineup though, since both are top 6 forwards and there is not enough room for both.
Unfortunately, that problem might be solved this year if Nathan isn't happy with his role, since he'll be a restricted free agent.

I don't understand your point about money, since it has really nothing to do with this at all..

Enough with the facade Nathan, we all know it must be frustrating to sit the first game, but coming on here and pretending to be a Tyler Ennis hating fan isn't going to fix anything. You're a talented player and you're better than this petty stuff.

The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:18 AM
HNJB*

Quote:

Myers?

HNJB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:23 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

I actually thought he had a great shot at the Calder this summer and still do now.

I've been pimping this out all over HF, but I'm banking on either Tyler Seguin or Tyler Ennis winning the Calder. Similar situations: good, playoff-bound teams, solid talent around them (especially if Savard ever comes back from Connolly-itis), strong defenses that won't allow a lot of goals and put the forwards in bad spots, pretty good coaching.... all the variables are there. These guys just have a much better chance to succeed than the young guns in Edmonton, Montreal, and elsewhere, because, quite simply, they play on better teams.

I really don't think 55 points would be at all surprising for Ennis. We'll continue to be a good offensive team, and with Vanek looking like he's back on the horse and Myers/Leopold boosting the PP, there are going to be more assist opportunities out there than last year. Plus, if this reinvented Roy keeps it up, he could drag Ennis to 60 points on his relentless march back to PPG pace.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:47 AM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
He is on pace for 164 points guys! And Roy is on pace for 164 GOALS!

Seriously, some people just shouldn't be allowed to smoke crack
And then there are those of us who just can't get the day started without it.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 04:43 AM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Or find a better way to celebrate a victory over Ottawa.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 06:37 AM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
BUMP!

To Jame and his henchmen:

Don't look now, but Hecht isn't on the top 2 scoring lines and Ennis has quickly started to state his case for the Calder Trophy.
You didn't call me out?

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 07:01 AM
whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Hey, and I wake up to a shot o' Cutty Sark. We all deal with being Buffalo sports fans a different way.

Wait, am I the only one that does that? Crap.

whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 12:13 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Hey, and I wake up to a shot o' Cutty Sark. We all deal with being Buffalo sports fans a different way.

Wait, am I the only one that does that? Crap.
I consistently by Beer 30 Ice.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 02:55 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesJokebook View Post
Myers?
since we were talking about forwards it didn't occur to me to include "best forward first round pick" in my statement. a simple error, thanks for the correction.

Old
10-09-2010, 02:57 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:

I have seen a few boston college games and i know what i like from gerbe and he is everything you say he is.

put up a poll on the main board. i bet you that more then 60% would rather have ennis. it may turn out to be higher then that.

Last edited by ImpressedDAHagent: 10-09-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old
10-09-2010, 03:11 PM
jfb392

Quote:
I have seen a few boston college games and i know what i like from gerbe and he is everything you say he his.

put up a poll on the main board. i bet you that more then 60% would rather have ennis. it may turn out to be higher then that.
I'm not saying it's either Ennis or Gerbe; I'd prefer to have both but I think Gerbe brings more to the lineup on some nights.

Sorry I offended you by saying I didn't like our prized rookie's game last night.

Old
10-09-2010, 03:50 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
I'm not saying it's either Ennis or Gerbe; I'd prefer to have both but I think Gerbe brings more to the lineup on some nights.

Sorry I offended you by saying I didn't like our prized rookie's game last night.
well you want a player pulled after one game. you should have waited a couple of weeks to make your point. It's not like any of the lines had any real solid chemistry.

and according to the opinion in this thread, Ennis is our prized rookie. He plays an exciting game that reminds me of when the sabres were scoring 50 goals.

Last edited by ImpressedDAHagent: 10-09-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old
10-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

IMO all this Calder talk is a bit premature.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote