HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 SJ Sharks Off-Season Info Spectacular: Take 2 (same great taste, less filling)

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2011, 01:03 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
2011 SJ Sharks Off-Season Info Spectacular: Take 2 (same great taste, less filling)

Alright, here we go again. I've pared down the graphics to be narrower and hopefully friendlier to everyone's screen resolutions. Unless of course you're running some archaic resolution like 1024x768. But nobody in their right mind uses that anymore. And if you do, I don't want to hear about it.

This marks the 4th iteration of the off-season info spectacular, with the aim of providing the most in-depth and helpful resource for this off-season. This year I've spruced things up by converting all the normal bland charts and tables to shiny new graphics.

Eventually I will be adding extra stuff like draft pick info and all that other useful junk that only about 5-10 people actually read.

Oh and I promise that this year I will increase the irreverence quotient by at least 23.5%. that's 3.5% more than last season!

For a few minutes I'm going to lock this thread so I can get all the posts I need to put everything in place.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
05-31-2011, 01:04 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

reserved this post for some front end stuff like a TOC, news tables, links, and so forth.

Old
05-31-2011, 01:05 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Below is a rough outline of the Sharks' NHL-level depth chart to end the 10-11 season, along with the fate of the players on the roster heading for July 1. Once the off-season begins, newly acquired players will be reflected on the depth chart too.

Old
05-31-2011, 01:05 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Here is a complete listing of the players who were under contract with San Jose last season who will be some manner of free agent on July 1. Upon signing with any team, that will be tracked here as well.

Group VI UFAs are players who accrue a certain number of professional games played (the amount differs by position) without that total including a certain number of NHL games. Basically Thomas Greiss didn't make it into enough NHL games over the past few years for the Sharks to retain his RFA rights, so he becomes an UFA instead.

Old
05-31-2011, 01:06 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

The following graphic represents the Sharks' cap situation as of July 1. On players under contract for next year are noted, and only prospects or young players with a reasonable expectation of making the 10-11 roster are reflected. Current RFAs will not be added until they have a new deal in place.

*Additional Notes:

-Dan Boyle's NTC remains full until July of 2012. At that time, it becomes a partial NTC for which Boyle may specify 8 teams that he will not accept a trade to.

Bonuses Due
The following totals represent the potential bonuses to be earned by players on the above roster:
Logan Couture$425,000
Justin Braun$162,500

Old
05-31-2011, 01:06 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

This graphic shows the cap hits due for the 11-12 season for all players who are under contract but not currently expected to be on the San Jose roster for the coming season. For those with bonus clauses in their contract, a table can be found at the bottom of this post outlining the bonuses due.

Bonuses Due
Nick Petrecki$250,000
Tyson Sexsmith$125,000
James Marcou$285,000
Matt Irwin$160,000
Harri Sateri$212,500
Tommy Wingels$187,500
Taylor Doherty$210,000
Brandon Mashinter$150,000

Old
05-31-2011, 01:07 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Here is a complete list of all prospects in the Sharks' system, signed or unsigned. I also have listed how long their current contract is and what team they played with last season.

Sliding contracts are ones that do not age unless the player plays professionally. For example, a player signs a 3 year deal while in the CHL. He then plays 2 more years in the CHL and upon completion of that time, his contract will still last for another 3 years.

Old
05-31-2011, 01:08 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

The reserve list is a complete run-down of all the contracts the Sharks have on the books, up to the NHL maximum allowable amout of 50. For the sake of bookkeeping, I have included the current restricted free agents on the list as well since the team will need to retain space in order to sign them. Players under contract who are still playing in Jr do not count against the limit, but I have included them as well for completeness' sake. The players who are still eligible to play in Jr still are marked as having sliding contracts. Well, except maybe Doherty, who should be done with his Jr eligibilty now. I'll update that soon enough once we have a firm decision one way or the other

TOTAL CONTRACTS: 35

CONTRACTS IN MAJOR JUNIOR (potentially exempt from counting against the limit): 5

CURRENT RFAs: 13

MAXIMUM POTENTIALLY OCCUPIED CONTRACT SLOTS (assuming all junior players end up counting and all RFAs are retained): 48

MINIMUM POTENTIALLY OCCUPIED SLOTS (assuming no RFAs are retained and all junior players are exempt from the limit): 30

Old
05-31-2011, 01:08 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

reserved for draft info

Old
05-31-2011, 01:09 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

reserved for either CBA info (if I decide not to just link to it) or perhaps something else useful

Old
05-31-2011, 01:09 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

reserved for the roster census, if I get around to doing it again.

Old
05-31-2011, 01:12 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

and this is my last post to declare things open again and give me one last emergency post.

also a reminder that Gilligans Island's thread is useful if you have a long, involved "what I would do to fix the Sharks" post. this thread deals in the realities of the off-season, discuss what you think the team could do (maybe not what they should do), critique what does happen, or provide short solution-type posts to specific problems. If you're hear to talk about how you'd tear down the whole roster, give Doherty 1st pairing minutes in the NHL and spend $40 million on the defence and a combined $20 million on the rest of the roster, then this isn't the place for it.

thanks, and have at it. Hopefully this thread is easier on you than the first one was.

Old
05-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Kitten Mittons

Your prospect section still doesn't fit. I suggest just killing the background for that one because it's what takes all the space; and just do two columns.

Old
05-31-2011, 01:18 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Your prospect section still doesn't fit. I suggest just killing the background for that one because it's what takes all the space; and just do two columns.
I have a backup plan I can enact tomororow. That was the one post I was still concerned about. I still need to separate the players positionally or it's unreadable.

Old
05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
hockeyball

Most of the sections still are not lining up for me in Firefox at 1920x1080. The forwards for instance are showing up on one line after the other instead of across.

edit: Actually same thing in IE too. Seems to be unrelated to browser.

Old
05-31-2011, 07:39 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

fine. screw it. I have no idea why this shouldn't work for most people. At most the graphics are about 1200px across, and even if we add another 250-300 for all the stuff outside of the text area of a post, it shouldn't be more than 1500px to properly display a page of HF. For everyone who has resolutions that are 1900px + there is no logical reason things shouldn't be working.

we'll go back to tables and and simple text and not fuss with all of this. I'm not about to spend another 4 hours rebuilding everything because it doesn't fit again.

Closed Thread