Jeff Penner 0 0%
Other (Please State Below) 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-10-2010, 03:09 PM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 50
Boston Bruins HF Boards Top 20 Prospects - #10

We are voting for the top 20 prospects in the Boston Bruins organization, one player at a time. I will make the poll and all you have to do it vote. You can talk about your vote or the prospect all you want but that isn't a necessity. Just do your part and help us find out who the top 20 Bruins prospects are.

RankPosCountryNameLink
#1CTyler SeguinPoll 1
#2CJoe ColbornePoll 2
#3RWJordan CaronPoll 3
#4CJared KnightPoll 4
#5CMaxime SauvePoll 5
#6DRyan ButtonPoll 6
#7DYuri AlexandrovPoll 7
#8CRyan SpoonerPoll 8
#9CBrad MarchandPoll 9

Here are the candidates:
PosCountryNameAgeLast TeamRanking
CCANTyler Seguin18Plymouth (OHL)#1
CCANJoe Colborne20Denver (NCAA)#2
RWCANJordan Caron19Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL)#3
DCANRyan Button19Prince Albert (WHL)#6
DRUSYuri Alexandrov22Cherepovets (KHL)#7
CUSAJared Knight18London (OHL)#4
CCANRyan Spooner18Peterborough (OHL)#8
RWCANBrad Marchand22Providence (AHL)#9
DUSATommy Cross20Boston College (NCAA) 
CCANZach Hamill21Providence (AHL) 
CFRAMaxime Suave20Val d'Or (QMJHL)#5
RWSWEAlexander Fallstrom19Harvard (NCAA) 
DUSADavid Warsofsky20Boston University (NCAA) 
DUSAMatt Bartkowski22Ohio State (NCAA) 
GCANMichael Hutchinson20London (OHL) 
DCANAndrew Bodnarchuk22Boston (NHL) 
CCANJamie Arniel20Providence (AHL) 
DCANJeff Penner23Providence (AHL) 
LWUSAJeff LoVecchio24Providence (AHL) 
RWCANYannick Riendeau22Providence (AHL) 
DRUSMaxim Chudinov20Cherepovets (KHL) 
GCANAdam Courchaine21Erie (OHL) 
LWCANCraig Cunningham20Vancouver (WHL) 
GCANMatt Dalton24Reading (ECHL) 
LWUSAJustin Florek20Northern Michigan (NCAA) 
CUSAMark Goggin19Darthmouth (NCAA) 
GUSAZane Gothberg17Three Rivers MN (HS) 
DCANAlain Goulet21Providence (AHL) 
DUSASteven Kampfer21Michigan (NCAA) 
RWCANJordan Knackstedt21Providence (AHL) 
LWUSALane MacDermid20Providence (AHL) 
CCANLevi Nelson22Providence (AHL) 
DCZERadim Ostrcil21Brno (Czech) 
RWCANTyler Randell19Kitchener (OHL) 
CCANBen Sexton19Penticton (BCHL) 
CSWECarl Soderberg24Malmo (SWE-1) 
CCANNicholas Tremblay22Clarkson (NCAA) 
DUSAZach Trotman19Lake Superior (NCAA) 
DUSACody Wild23Providence (NCAA) 

IF A PROSPECT HAS 100 VOTES AND A 50+ VOTE ADVANTAGE ON THE NEXT TOP VOTE GETTER, I WILL MOVE ON TO THE NEXT POLL. OTHER WISE YOU HAVE 2 DAYS TO VOTE.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 03:15 PM
bme44

vCash: 500
I will be the first to vote so Hamill is now is in first. Still think he has the potential to be a quality center in the NHL not sure it will be with Boston but do think he still has some trade value

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs

Hamill no doubt

Dougie Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 03:27 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Warsofsky

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 04:19 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

Went with Warsofsky. Hamill will win the poll though

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Newfie_Bruin

Send a message via ICQ to Newfie_Bruin
Gotta go with Hamill here. He's a talented player and he should have a bigger role in the AHL this season. He finished last season playing pretty well and will look to build on that. This is a very important year for his development and Career as he is running out of time in beantown.

Newfie_Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 05:02 PM
NUhockey
Roy So Hard

Why am I unable to vote on this poll? And my vote is for Zach Hamill.

NUhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 07:09 PM
NinthSpoke06

Cross by far.

Old
08-10-2010, 07:30 PM
FutureConsiderations

How is Tommy Cross still up for voting? He should have been #8, now he's getting beat by Zach "No One Would Know Who I Was If I Wasn't A Top Ten Pick" Hamill. Unreal.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
How is Tommy Cross still up for voting? He should have been #8, now he's getting beat by Zach "No One Would Know Who I Was If I Wasn't A Top Ten Pick" Hamill. Unreal.
And no one would know who Tommy Cross was if the Bruins didn't trade up to get him. His accomplishments in the sport of hockey pale in comparison to Hamill's.

A good comparison for Hamill is Tyler Bozak. Hamill had an even, if not superior season to Bozak in the AHL last year--and he is two and a half years younger. Bozak really performed at the NHL level, but Hamill wasn't given the same shot over the same period of time.

So FC, where would Bozak rank on this list? Ahead of Spooner? Marchand? Alexandrov? Cross?

It's pretty dumb to write of Hamill already given the innate talent he has.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 09:07 PM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
And no one would know who Tommy Cross was if the Bruins didn't trade up to get him. His accomplishments in the sport of hockey pale in comparison to Hamill's.

A good comparison for Hamill is Tyler Bozak. Hamill had an even, if not superior season to Bozak in the AHL last year--and he is two and a half years younger. Bozak really performed at the NHL level, but Hamill wasn't given the same shot over the same period of time.

So FC, where would Bozak rank on this list? Ahead of Spooner? Marchand? Alexandrov? Cross?

Its pretty dumb to see players like Spooner, Marchand and Alexandrov, who have done less than both of these guys up above these two.

Old
08-10-2010, 09:09 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:

Bozak was an undrafted free agent, you're comparing him to a #8 pick overall while attempting to prove that the #8 overall is going to be a good player? Further, Bozak has proven nothing at the NHL or AHL level. He's 24 - he's not getting any better. That he's their first-line center at the moment is a testament to how pathetic that organization is more than anything else.

Innate talent? Hold on:

David Krejci at 20 put up 74 points in 69 games while playing with the likes of T.J. Trevelyan and I believe Martins Karsums on his right side. By 21 he had played 50+ NHL games and had nearly established himself as a full-time NHLer. Hamill is 21 (22 by the time the season opens) with only one NHL game played and two full AHL seasons that were completely lackluster (.4 ppg and .59 ppg = 38 pts and 48 pts over 82 games).

Krejci was a second-round pick and he's now an excellent second-line center. For centers who play Hamill's offense-heavy style, guys who have numbers like him don't project as top-6 NHL forwards. His problem is that his style of play doesn't allow him to be a bottom-6 NHL center either. At the moment, Zach Hamill is a bust and there's not much room for debate on that matter. He's a serviceable #1 AHL center, but not even a great one at that.

Last edited by FutureConsiderations: 08-10-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Cross.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 10:14 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

Quote:
Bozak was an undrafted free agent, you're comparing him to a #8 pick overall while attempting to prove that the #8 overall is going to be a good player? Further, Bozak has proven nothing at the NHL or AHL level. He's 24 - he's not getting any better. That he's their first-line center at the moment is a testament to how pathetic that organization is more than anything else.

Innate talent? Hold on:

David Krejci at 20 put up 74 points in 69 games while playing with the likes of T.J. Trevelyan and I believe Martins Karsums on his right side. By 21 he had played 50+ NHL games and had nearly established himself as a full-time NHLer. Hamill is 21 (22 by the time the season opens) with only one NHL game played and two full AHL seasons that were completely lackluster (.4 ppg and .59 ppg = 38 pts and 48 pts over 82 games).

Krejci was a second-round pick and he's now an excellent second-line center. For centers who play Hamill's offense-heavy style, guys who have numbers like him don't project as top-6 NHL forwards. His problem is that his style of play doesn't allow him to be a bottom-6 NHL center either. At the moment, David Krejci is a bust and there's not much room for debate on that matter. He's a serviceable #1 AHL center, but not even a great one at that.
I'm assuming (and hoping) you meant Hamill here...?

Old
08-10-2010, 10:15 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDegs13 View Post
I'm assuming (and hoping) you meant Hamill here...?
Gah - yes, my mistake!

Old
08-10-2010, 10:20 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

Quote:
Gah - yes, my mistake!
Scared me there, FC! I agree with that statement, though. I haven't seen anything out of Hamill that would seem to indicate any real future. At the VERY least, he has no future with this team, given the depth we have down the middle.

Like I said, I went with Warsofsky here, but Cross is someone I would not hesitate to vote for over Hamill as well.

Old
08-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Hamill. And I'll vote for Warsofsky before Cross...

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Beesfan

Quote:

Innate talent? Hold on:

Krejci was a second-round pick and he's now an excellent second-line center. For centers who play Hamill's offense-heavy style, guys who have numbers like him don't project as top-6 NHL forwards. His problem is that his style of play doesn't allow him to be a bottom-6 NHL center either. At the moment, Zach Hamill is a bust and there's not much room for debate on that matter. He's a serviceable #1 AHL center, but not even a great one at that.
A player's draft position should be irrelevant at this point. Who care's if Hamill was drafted first, or signed as an undrafted free-agent?

I would definitely put Bozak above a lot of players already listed (Marchand, Spooner, Alexandrov). While he was undrafted, you miss that part that he signed for 3+ million if I remember correctly. That's more than Wheeler (top 5 pick) and Stuart (1st round pick) have ever made in a season. And, by the way, he scored 27 points in 37 games in the NHL in his rookie year. That averages out to 60 points over a season. Even if he never gets better, as you suggest, that is pretty darn good.

As I said before, there is no indication right now that Hamill is inferior to Bozak. He had a better season in the AHL last year.

As for Krejci, he is just an unusual player. One of the top centers in the NHL. It would be odd to expect Hamill to be that good.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 10:31 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDegs13 View Post
Scared me there, FC! I agree with that statement, though. I haven't seen anything out of Hamill that would seem to indicate any real future. At the VERY least, he has no future with this team, given the depth we have down the middle.

Like I said, I went with Warsofsky here, but Cross is someone I would not hesitate to vote for over Hamill as well.
Agreed - if PC can get a second-round pick for him I'd take it at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers go up this year since he's probably playing with Colborne and Caron, which might improve his value a little bit.

What does it say that the guy was #8 overall and he's now controversially rated the #10 prospect on the Bruins? Not good things about that draft choice - not good things at all.

Old
08-10-2010, 11:04 PM
NinthSpoke06

Warsofsky isn't half the defensemen Cross is either. Warsofsky has a better offensive and transition game. But other than that Cross is miles ahead of him in every aspect of the game.

Old
08-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
A player's draft position should be irrelevant at this point. Who care's if Hamill was drafted first, or signed as an undrafted free-agent?

I would definitely put Bozak above a lot of players already listed (Marchand, Spooner, Alexandrov). While he was undrafted, you miss that part that he signed for 3+ million if I remember correctly. That's more than Wheeler (top 5 pick) and Stuart (1st round pick) have ever made in a season. And, by the way, he scored 27 points in 37 games in the NHL in his rookie year. That averages out to 60 points over a season. Even if he never gets better, as you suggest, that is pretty darn good.

As I said before, there is no indication right now that Hamill is inferior to Bozak. He had a better season in the AHL last year.

As for Krejci, he is just an unusual player. One of the top centers in the NHL. It would be odd to expect Hamill to be that good.
Sorry but if a player's draft position is irrelevant then so should a player's salary as it dictates nothing in terms of what's being done on the ice (hello Cheechoo) and comparing salaries really isn't the road to take in terms of analyzing talent especially this day and age and with looking at rookies/prospects.

For my buck I went with Cross over Hamill. Why? Because Hamill will never get the shot to be a center for the Boston Bruins and his chances of breaking through in this league go down year after year. For an offensive centerman he's not getting it done and proving he deserves to be at the next level. Cross on the other hand has the build and tools to succeed and is showing it at the collegiate level. Say what you want about the collegiate hockey, the kid is doing what needs to be done where he's currently playing.

This is an analysis of potential talent and ability, and imo a guess at who will be more valuable to this club in the future- not a decision of who's the better guy right now. Cross gets my vote for this with Warsofsky being a close 2nd but behind due to size and adaptation of his game to the next level. If he can do it the kid could be great but otherwise it might hinder his chances.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Marleau

Send a message via AIM to Marleau
Cross. This guy has the makings of a solid shutdown d-man and potential leader.

Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 12:10 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
Warsofsky isn't half the defensemen Cross is either. Warsofsky has a better offensive and transition game. But other than that Cross is miles ahead of him in every aspect of the game.
you're not biased or anything

i dislike both BC and BU and i still say warsofsky, cross is a close second though. IMO Hamill while a good player just doesn't fit in anywhere on this bruins squad, we need some sick dman prospects more than anything else and warsofsky...followed by cross, fit the bill

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 12:30 AM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudFan98 View Post
you're not biased or anything

i dislike both BC and BU and i still say warsofsky, cross is a close second though. IMO Hamill while a good player just doesn't fit in anywhere on this bruins squad, we need some sick dman prospects more than anything else and warsofsky...followed by cross, fit the bill
I'm biased, but it doesn't change the fact that Cross is a better defensemen than Warsofsky. He has much better positioning, he can play in a shut down role or on the power play, he can lead the defense, he can face the other teams first line game in and game out, he does everything solid.

Not to mention he has the size to be a very good NHL defensemen, unlike Warsofsky who would be the 2nd smallest defensemen in the NHL if he were playing in it today.

Warsofsky is a good PMD defensemen prospect, but he isn't going to show up and be our Mike Green. He is much more comparable to a guy like Matt Hunwick, except he scores more goals.

Old
08-11-2010, 07:02 AM
hubby1746

Cross' knee injury history is why im not puting him in the top 10. Hamill gets my vote, even tho we may never see him in a B's jersey

hubby1746 is offline   Reply With Quote