HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

WEC 50: Cruz vs Benavidez

Old
08-19-2010, 12:26 PM
northstarsforever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I dont have a dog in this fight but in the interest of fairness, if you set a deadline, then it should be observed.
Yeah that's kind of my thinking too. Also there's guys like kurt and a few others who probably would've made picks if it wasn't for the deadline. Maybe I'll move it closer next time but the thread was up for like a week.

northstarsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law

(credit to Kid Nate from Bloody Elbow for these)

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 01:34 PM
northstarsforever

WEC 50 results:
Live in the Now 9-1
mark9 8-2-0
AndyPipkin 8-2-0
northstarsforever 8-2-0
The Rage 8-1-1
colonel_korn 7-3
karzanPalini 7-3
Nalyd Psycho 6-4
Cyris 6-2-2
Jonathan. 6-2-2
Capatain_Cunney 5-2-0
DaaaaaB's 4-2-3
Killahpunk 4-2-4
yakitate 304 3-3-4
Ensane 3-2-5
(We didn't a tiebreaker so I just went with who picked more fights first)

Last edited by northstarsforever: 08-21-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old
08-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Captain_Cunney

I think you missed me (in a total heterosexual way).

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 04:06 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
Any chance you saw the 1st meeting? I've never saw the footage, I know Faber won and I know it was at 145.....

Any details of how close it was would be appreciated. Cruz seems to have improved more out of the 2 of them but that probably has more to do with Faber already being at the top prior.
I've never seen it either. From what I remember hearing about the fight at the time it happened it sounded like an easy win for Faber but Cruz has improved so much since then that it doesn't mean much at all. I can't wait for the rematch but like you I'm not sure Cruz gets by Jorgensen. It's pretty crazy how a little over a year ago Miguel Torres was the undisputed #1 Bantamweight and ranked high in the p4p lists but now he might not even be in the top 5. The division is really getting deep with Cruz, Faber, Benavidez, Jorgensen, Bowles, Torres, Valencia, Fabiano, Page, Banuelos, Pickett, Mizugaki, and Yahya.

While I was thinking of 135'ers I thought of Will Ribeiro and how it seems like he hasn't fought in forever so I looked him up on wiki and found some very bad albeit old news. I'm not sure how I never heard about that. It really sucks though, first because I hate to hear about something like that happening to anyone and 2nd because he was pretty good fighter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Ribeiro

Quote:
Will Ribeiro (born February 17, 1983 in Campo Grande, Brazil [1]) is a Brazilian mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter as well as a Luta Livre Esportiva (brown belt) practitioner, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. On December 16, 2008, Ribeiro was critically injured while riding on the back of a motorcycle on rain-slick wet roads without a helmet. He was in a hospital in a comatose state and has lost vision in one eye. Doctors gave him a 50/50 chance of ever waking from the coma.[1] By December 23, doctors reported that he had not awoken from the coma, but that his condition was improving.[2] This very unfortunate incident has effectively ended Ribeiro's Mixed Martial Arts career. At the time of his accident Will was ranked as the #7 Bantamweight fighter in the world by the MMAWeekly Worldwide MMA Ranking System.

Will Ribeiro has reportedly awoken from an induced coma and is recovering well after being hospitalized since December. According to Tatame.com, Luiz Alves, Ribeiro’s Muay Thai coach, recently visited him in the hospital and was surprised to see that Ribeiro was able to talk to him and is currently under going therapy after doctors stated he had a 50-50 chance to live due to his injuries suffered in the accident.

Almost two months after the serious accident that almost cost his life, Luiz Alves, his Muay Thai trainer, commemorates the excellent recovery of the WEC fighter.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 04:22 PM
m9

I think Cruz will light up Jorgensen for 5 rounds. Jorgensen's defensive striking is still average at best, and against someone with the footwork of Cruz he'll be in a ton of trouble.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:38 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Javy Vasquez vs Mack da Menace: http://www.versus.com/mma/videos/wec...t-aired-on-tv/

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9 View Post
I think Cruz will light up Jorgensen for 5 rounds. Jorgensen's defensive striking is still average at best, and against someone with the footwork of Cruz he'll be in a ton of trouble.
Difference is, though, Jorgensen will be able to take him down. Something Joe couldn't do.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:03 AM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Difference is, though, Jorgensen will be able to take him down. Something Joe couldn't do.
I'm not really convinced of that, Cruz is tough to bring down. I like watching Jorgensen fight but he hasn't shown me anything that's leads me to believe he's ready to win that fight.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 11:10 AM
northstarsforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I think you missed me (in a total heterosexual way).
Gotcha and don't worry I got you in the official standings.