NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
Rate my team please.

12 team league, 5th pick.

QB: Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
RB: Frank Gore, Justin Forsett, Cadillac Williams, Laurence Maroney, Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith (Car), Greg Jennings, Malcolm Floyd, Jacoby Jones
TE: Brent Celek
D/ST: Patriots D/ST
K: Joe Nedney

I know the QBs aren't the greatest, but people were taking QBs way earlier than normal, so I stocked up at WR and RB.
Yes, QBs are going very early this year. Smart move doing what you did. Ryan is another one of those very decent QBs I keep saying you can get later. Load up at other positions and your fine. Your RB and WR are very strong. Love Forsett this year, plus I have him too. Im curious how late you were able to get Cadillac?

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
asmac17

Send a message via AIM to asmac17
So I got a trade proposed to me of Ocho Cinco for Ryan Mathews...any opinions on what I should do?

asmac17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 07:57 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Ive never really been a fan of Henderson. Personally, I would rather keep Hester and get rid of Henderson. If it doesnt work out, Im sure Henderson and others will be availalbe to pick up later.

Im also debating about picking up Gaffney. I just dont want to give up Robinson just yet. My league had 7 bench spots last year, and set this years league up too, but our draft board was only made with 6 bench spots, so we went with 6 this year. It sucks because I would use that extra spot on Gaffney.

Fred Jackson will still touch the ball a lot this year, but I think it will be Spiller's team. They didnt draft him early to not take advantage of his skill. I wouldnt get rid of Jackson because if Spiller doesnt perform or gets hurt, Jackson will be the starter again. I dont think anything has been made official yet about who is the starter, but it could very well be Jackson at the beginning. I would keep him for now or if your not sure, play around with some trade proposals and see you get any bites for Jackson.
Well I never officially had Henderson. I claimed him and dropped Harry Douglas (whom I drafted in last round) and now I just canceled the waiver claim so I got Harry back.

So my 3 bench wrs are: Edelman, Hester, Douglas. (I'm a falcons fan so Douglas was like a homer sleeper move). I don't want henderson anymore instead I'm looking at Jacoby Jones, Louis Murphy, and Jabar Gaffney. I'm liking Murphy the most how do you feel about him? Would you drop Hester or Douglas for him? I'm liking Jacoby 2nd and Gaffney 3rd.

When you say Robinson do you mean Laurent Robinson? Don't give up on him he is going to be very good. I had him last year and he was doing great in the 1st 2 weeks but then got injured. I'm still pissed that the Falcons gave up on him.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 07:58 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmac17 View Post
So I got a trade proposed to me of Ocho Cinco for Ryan Mathews...any opinions on what I should do?
What does your team look like?

Old
08-23-2010, 08:17 PM
asmac17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
pretty bad shape, got stuck at work and yahoo auto draft didn't do me any favors:

Matt Stafford, Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Ryan Mathews, Shonn Greene, Tony Gonzales, Jahvid Best, Felix Jones, Thomas Jones, Johnny Knox, Alex Smith, Greg Olsen, Mason Crosby, Josh Scobee, Minnesota and Sand Diego Defense

Old
08-23-2010, 08:21 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Is there any way that Chris Johnson shouldn't be taken first overall?

If I got the first pick I would be very very tempted to go with the more proven AP.

Is that crazy?

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 08:32 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post

If I got the first pick I would be very very tempted to go with the more proven AP.

Is that crazy?
How is he more proven? Does a 2000 yard rushing season make CJ less proven than AP? This will be CJ 3rd season and AP 4 season. Not really big of a difference in experience.

Old
08-23-2010, 08:32 PM
OpethianSabre20

Quote:
Yes, QBs are going very early this year. Smart move doing what you did. Ryan is another one of those very decent QBs I keep saying you can get later. Load up at other positions and your fine. Your RB and WR are very strong. Love Forsett this year, plus I have him too. Im curious how late you were able to get Cadillac?
I got Caddy in the 10th. I also managed to snag Bradshaw in Round 11 and Maroney in Round 12.

Quote:
Quote:
pretty bad shape, got stuck at work and yahoo auto draft didn't do me any favors:

Matt Stafford, Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Ryan Mathews, Shonn Greene, Tony Gonzales, Jahvid Best, Felix Jones, Thomas Jones, Johnny Knox, Alex Smith, Greg Olsen, Mason Crosby, Josh Scobee, Minnesota and Sand Diego Defense
Do not make that trade. The upgrade you'll give your WR depth won't be enough to cover what you will lose at RB by trading Matthews.

Last edited by OpethianSabre20: 08-23-2010 at 08:45 PM.
OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 08:47 PM
asmac17

Thanks for the advice

Old
08-24-2010, 09:19 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I would not make that trade. I still say Owens will have the best numbers of any WR in Cinci this year. If you trade Mathews, you could get a little better of a WR than Ocho.

Old
08-24-2010, 09:26 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Well I never officially had Henderson. I claimed him and dropped Harry Douglas (whom I drafted in last round) and now I just canceled the waiver claim so I got Harry back.

So my 3 bench wrs are: Edelman, Hester, Douglas. (I'm a falcons fan so Douglas was like a homer sleeper move). I don't want henderson anymore instead I'm looking at Jacoby Jones, Louis Murphy, and Jabar Gaffney. I'm liking Murphy the most how do you feel about him? Would you drop Hester or Douglas for him? I'm liking Jacoby 2nd and Gaffney 3rd.

When you say Robinson do you mean Laurent Robinson? Don't give up on him he is going to be very good. I had him last year and he was doing great in the 1st 2 weeks but then got injured. I'm still pissed that the Falcons gave up on him.
I kind of like Murphy. He was doing fairly decent last year with Russell, now he gets Campbell. Campbell is nothing special, but is a huge upgrade to Russell. It seems Schilens is still dealing with nagging injuries so I would venture that Murphy is the #1 in Oakland outide of Zach Miller. Of the two, I would drop Douglas, not Hester. Jacoby should be the #2 in Houston, but if Daniels comes back, than that will take the little value JJ has away. Gafney, I like. Im still debating picking him up.

Yes, I mean Laurent Robinson. He was my last pick in the draft, but one of my sleepers. He was doing good last year before his injury. I am not going to make any moves on him until a few games. I want to see if he can get it going again.

Old
08-24-2010, 09:29 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:

Is that crazy?
You cant go wrong with CJ or AP, but the #1 just depends on the person drafting. Personally, I would take CJ. Plus, now Rice had surgery and could miss half the season, and all this lingering ******** with Harvin now, the Vikings have no weapons at WR. They are signing Javon Walker. That says it all. Which means teams will now stack the box to stop AP. Go with CJ.

Old
08-24-2010, 09:34 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
I got Caddy in the 10th. I also managed to snag Bradshaw in Round 11 and Maroney in Round 12.

Do not make that trade. The upgrade you'll give your WR depth won't be enough to cover what you will lose at RB by trading Matthews.
I knew it. Just as I said in an earlier post. Cadillac is the starting RB with no competition and he is falling to the 10th round or later. That is absolultey ridiculous. As well as Bradshaw in the 11th. He might become the starting RB for the Giants. I love when people just overlook players and not even think about drafting them because their team is no good. Like I said earlier, I got Reggie Bush in Round 11. Talk about extreme value, the guy was ranked like 60 overall and I get him in the 11th.

Old
08-24-2010, 10:43 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
How is he more proven? Does a 2000 yard rushing season make CJ less proven than AP? This will be CJ 3rd season and AP 4 season. Not really big of a difference in experience.
One extra season and he has nearly twice as many touchdowns despite only playing one extra year.

Those results are hard to ignore.

Plus, last year was Johnson's first year where he really exploded. Am I supposed to expect him to do that again this year?

I just think it's a bit naive to just assume CJ should be the obvious choice as number one after one really really good season.

Last edited by R S: 08-24-2010 at 10:58 AM.
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:28 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Im also debating about picking up Gaffney. I just dont want to give up Robinson just yet. My league had 7 bench spots last year, and set this years league up too, but our draft board was only made with 6 bench spots, so we went with 6 this year. It sucks because I would use that extra spot on Gaffney.
Don't drop Robinson, if he can stay healthy for a 16 game season, I expect at least 1,000 yards and 4-5 TD.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:31 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
One extra season and he has nearly twice as many touchdowns despite only playing one extra year.

Those results are hard to ignore.

Plus, last year was Johnson's first year where he really exploded. Am I supposed to expect him to do that again this year?

I just think it's a bit naive to just assume CJ should be the obvious choice as number one after one really really good season.
you make it sound like he's been in the league for 5 years. It was his 2nd season, did you expect him to have 2000 yards as a rookie? He has 1200 as a rookie which is great.

Old
08-24-2010, 12:33 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I'm debating whether to give Leon Washington a try and drop Fred Jackson.

Old
08-24-2010, 12:37 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Here's my 3 teams that I've drafted so far:

Team 1 (10 team league, 10th pick):

QB:

Tony Romo
Chad Henne
Joe Flacco(some idiot dropped him so I had to pick him up, I plan on trading him or Henne, whoever does better to start the year)

RB:

Steven Jackson
Pierre Thomas
Arian Foster
Michael Bush
Felix Jones

WR:

Andre Johnson
Hines Ward
Wes Welker
Johnny Knox

TE:

Brent Celek

K:

Stephen Gostkowski(again, guy was dumb enough to drop him so I picked him up)

DEF:

Cincinnati

I think this is a solid team. If I can trade a QB for a WR I think I'll be good.

Team 2 (14 team league, 14th pick):

QB:

Jay Cutler
Mark Sanchez

RB:

Shonn Greene
DeAngelo Williams
Leon Washington
Brandon Jacobs

WR:

Steve Smith(NYG)
Santana Moss
Devin Aromashodu
Jerricho Cotchery
Laurent Robinson
Roy Williams

TE:

Dallas Clark

K:

Rian Lindell

DEF:

San Francisco

Auto-pick really screwed me over in this one, my WRs suck.

Team 3 (10 team league, 4th pick)

QB:

Drew Brees
Matt Ryan

RB:

Maurice Jones-Drew
Steven Jackson
Pierre Thomas
Beanie Wells

WR:

Steve Smith(NYG)
Wes Welker
Devin Aromashodu
Mohammed Massaquoi
Jacoby Jones

TE:

Dallas Clark

K:

Rian Lindell

DEF:

Dallas

I'm really happy with this team. I plan on trading a RB for a WR, and then I'll be set.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 03:12 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
I wouldnt do that. Forsett is the back in Seattle and Washington is coming off a bad injury. Spiller will be the back in Buffalo, but Jackson will still see a lot of touches, a lot more than Washington will. Jackson already showed what he can do as a starter on a bad Bills team, so any injury or bad play with Spiller and Jackson can become the starter again. Keep Jackson and leave Washington alone.

Old
08-24-2010, 03:16 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Don't drop Robinson, if he can stay healthy for a 16 game season, I expect at least 1,000 yards and 4-5 TD.
Im not doing anything yet, but Gafney will put up similar numbers and has looked great so far in the preseason. And isnt coming off a big injury. Damn I love the hard decisions with fantasy football.

Old
08-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Reality Check

12-Team League: 9th pick

QB: Matt Ryan (7)
RB: DeAngelo Williams (1)
RB: LeSean McCoy (4)
WR: Calvin Johnson (2)
WR: Greg Jennings (3)
WR: Hines Ward (6)
WR: Santonio Holmes (8)
WR: Bernard Berrian (9)
W/R: Marion Barber (5)
TE: Dustin Keller (15)
K: Robbie Gould (18)
DEF: Vikings (10)

BN: Joe Flacco-QB (11)
BN: Jabar Gaffney-WR (12)
BN: Donald Brown-RB (13)
BN: Mike Williams(TB)-WR (14)
BN: Chris Chambers-WR (16)
BN: Marshawn Lynch-RB (17)

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 10:14 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
12-Team League: 9th pick

QB: Matt Ryan (7)
RB: DeAngelo Williams (1)
RB: LeSean McCoy (4)
WR: Calvin Johnson (2)
WR: Greg Jennings (3)
WR: Hines Ward (6)
WR: Santonio Holmes (8)
WR: Bernard Berrian (9)
W/R: Marion Barber (5)
TE: Dustin Keller (15)
K: Robbie Gould (18)
DEF: Vikings (10)

BN: Joe Flacco-QB (11)
BN: Jabar Gaffney-WR (12)
BN: Donald Brown-RB (13)
BN: Mike Williams(TB)-WR (14)
BN: Chris Chambers-WR (16)
BN: Marshawn Lynch-RB (17)
My pick was 9th pick in a 12 team league to and Rice lasted to me. Guessing Rice was gone when you took D Will? I got Calvin same spot as you.

Old
08-24-2010, 10:21 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
I wouldnt do that. Forsett is the back in Seattle and Washington is coming off a bad injury. Spiller will be the back in Buffalo, but Jackson will still see a lot of touches, a lot more than Washington will. Jackson already showed what he can do as a starter on a bad Bills team, so any injury or bad play with Spiller and Jackson can become the starter again. Keep Jackson and leave Washington alone.
not gonna do it.

I dropped Douglas and signed Murphy. I'm interested in Gaffney now but the only one to drop would be Hester.

Old
08-25-2010, 03:45 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Hell no. That isn't even a remotely fair trade.

Quote:

Is that crazy?
It's definitely not crazy, but CJ is the consensus number 1. You can't really go wrong with either guy, so while on paper CJ is number 1, if you feel strongly about AP then take him. The guy at 2nd will certainly be happy.

Quote:
I knew it. Just as I said in an earlier post. Cadillac is the starting RB with no competition and he is falling to the 10th round or later. That is absolultey ridiculous. As well as Bradshaw in the 11th. He might become the starting RB for the Giants. I love when people just overlook players and not even think about drafting them because their team is no good. Like I said earlier, I got Reggie Bush in Round 11. Talk about extreme value, the guy was ranked like 60 overall and I get him in the 11th.
I completely agree with you on Bradshaw, but there's been some talk about Huggins of late, and he's now 2nd on the depth chart, and if he continues to impress I could see Cadillac just losing some carries, and perhaps even losing his starting job by the end of the year.

Quote:
There's been some rumbling that Leon Washington will be the guy in Seattle. I was high on Forsett before hearing that, but apparently Leon has looked good in the preseason, and is more explosive than Forsett. I'd keep an eye on it.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

What do you guys think of Arian Foster this year, in PPR leagues specifically?

I just did a 12 team mock(6 spot) and took Moss & White in the 1st and 2nd. I ended up drafting Best and Foster as my RB starters. Not super crazy about that, but I did get Caddy and Bradshaw also. So if this was a real team I like those 4 rb's.

Curious on what you guys think about Foster though...

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote