HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Re-sign Stumpel; qualify Deadmarsh?

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2004, 06:03 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Re-sign Stumpel; qualify Deadmarsh?

What do you guys think. I don't think he was too bad down the stretch when the rest of the team was playing bad. It looks pretty good that Ziggy will be back, and I'm hoping Luc will come back. Allison and Modry probably won't, Hnlicka is gone, Kuznetsov may not be qualified, and Visnovsky needs to be re-signed. How much money will there be to play with for the Kings, and would you bring back Stumpel or let him walk and bring in a #1 center (Zhamnov) or move Straka back to center and maybe bring back Glen Murray..?

How about qualifying Deadmarsh? We know there is a great chance he may not be back, but it is clear he does want to play, should we roll the dice, or let him walk and maybe he'll come back...

Old
05-24-2004, 07:15 AM
vanderer74

vCash: 500
Deadmarsh said in interview about 3 weeks back or so that he makes his decision in september 2nd whether he retires or comes back practising most likely even IF he comes back he aint ready for the season opener IF there is one .

Jake

Old
05-24-2004, 09:36 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

no stumpel....

please

Old
05-24-2004, 09:59 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
What do you guys think. I don't think he was too bad down the stretch when the rest of the team was playing bad. It looks pretty good that Ziggy will be back, and I'm hoping Luc will come back. Allison and Modry probably won't, Hnlicka is gone, Kuznetsov may not be qualified, and Visnovsky needs to be re-signed. How much money will there be to play with for the Kings, and would you bring back Stumpel or let him walk and bring in a #1 center (Zhamnov) or move Straka back to center and maybe bring back Glen Murray..?

How about qualifying Deadmarsh? We know there is a great chance he may not be back, but it is clear he does want to play, should we roll the dice, or let him walk and maybe he'll come back...
First of all Ziggy needs to be re-signed! That should be top priority, than filter down the list. I'd also like to see the Rome situation get handled right away. As for Modry and Allison? Modry should be gone..........fans can't stand the guy, and I could only imagine that DT doesn't want to here about it anymore (not the reason), but the signing of Dempsey should have spelled the last days for Modry. Allison, I would love to see come back. But that depends on him, and I highly doubt he reach's a middle ground with the club. That, and he seems to butt heads with AM. Kuznetsov is a statue on the ice, and needs to be packaged. Hauser should be signed, since he was more of a favorite than Hnlicka in Manchester. Visnovsky needs to be signed at all costs! I hope Murray never comes back, and Stumpel I would wait until the end so we get a better guage on our line-up. Money shouldn't be an issue, but I think DT will stand pat for awhile until World Cup, and CBA negotiations are sorted out. Deadmarsh should retire, and I would not take that gamble.

Old
05-24-2004, 10:43 AM
Fat Elvis

Agree with Nutter about Stumple, I'd bring him back only after we see what our lineup is looking like and what FA's are avaliable to upgrade. Stumple is a #2 and was initially brought in again to fill that. I dig Army and think he is a capable replacement if we don't resign Stump. Kuz is really a disappointment in my book. I was rooting for the guy to do well, but he's just not good enough imo to be worthy of a 7th dman on our team. If he has any takers we should dump him quicker than turbo-lax. Deader should call it quits and be hired as one of our assistant coaches.

Old
05-24-2004, 12:35 PM
OC Kings Fan 24

I agree with all the posts, but I especially agree that Deader should retire and take a job with our coaching staff

Old
05-24-2004, 12:36 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I say we let Stumpel go, and just go for a BIG center. Not necessarily a superstar, but a guy that can operate down low. If we could get Primeau that would be great, but we wont. When looking at the Free Agent roster there's not very many big centers out there so here's a few guys that would do well over here:

Brian Rolston
Wes Walz
Keith Primeau
Gary Roberts (He's a Center right)
Joe Nieuwendyk
Eric Lindros..........??????...........

Personally even though he's not big, I would like Walz coming over. So we would look like this:

Walz
Armstrong
Belanger
Avery

thats ok i guess.

Old
05-24-2004, 12:42 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Roberts is a LW, but still not a bad idea to go after him. He brings grit and (some) scoring. Not to mention he's one of the most well respected leaders in the game.

Old
05-24-2004, 01:00 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Walz was re-signed by Minnesota about 4 months ago.

Old
05-24-2004, 01:26 PM
palffytofrovlov

I want Rolston or Madden... as my 2nd line center.... We need that horse on the 1st Line... but I think with rolston or Madden we can do..

Old
05-24-2004, 01:27 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
Roberts is a LW, but still not a bad idea to go after him. He brings grit and (some) scoring. Not to mention he's one of the most well respected leaders in the game.
Gary Roberts is 38 years old...he might be good on a team that is a SC contender but he would be a waste on the kings who aren't even close to being a playoff contender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
Personally even though he's not big, I would like Walz coming over. So we would look like this:

Walz
Armstrong
Belanger
Avery

thats ok i guess.
with those 4 guys at center, the chances of landing Sydney Crosby in '05 would go up dramatically.

Old
05-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I think for Stumple it should be a wait and see situation. I like him as a number 2 center. But, he manages to be critized, because he's forced into the number 1 role. Palffy, Straka, Frolov, Carter, Stumpel and a number 1 center looks like a great top 6. Plus, we have Klatt and Army and hopefully lucky Luc. We should be fine with our 4th line...Avery, Lappy, Cowan, Belanger etc.

I ended up going more into the offseason then Stumple talk, but like I said it's a wait and see process. First up get Palffy and Carter signed then that leaves 2 top 6 spots open. Stumpel should be an option to fill one of it unless a nice free agent comes along or maybe we fill its Camm's time.

If, Deader doesn't retire I would love to sign him to a special contract.

I'm praying Allison returns, but I know it's not likely, so we need to replace him.

Old
05-24-2004, 03:08 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
I say that our biggest problem remains in the net, but as far as Stumple is concerned I would like to wait and see if we can work something better out! But I think that our priorities right now IMO are to sign Ziggy and look for a solid #1 goalkeeper. After that we can fill in the rest of the spaces as DT sees fit

Old
05-24-2004, 03:40 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd
Gary Roberts is 38 years old...he might be good on a team that is a SC contender but he would be a waste on the kings who aren't even close to being a playoff contender.

with those 4 guys at center, the chances of landing Sydney Crosby in '05 would go up dramatically.
The Kings aren't playoff contenders? We would've been in the playoffs with Ziggy alone. Roberts would definitley help us, and I think that if Deadmarsh comes back we are SC contenders.

Those 4 guys at center are better than the last 4. But thats besides the point since Walz has already been resigned. But Walz > Stumpel. Its definitley not an A+ line of centers, but Walz is a great defensive forward. But yea the center grade of those 4 guys would probably be a D+.

Old
05-24-2004, 03:52 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
The Kings aren't playoff contenders? We would've been in the playoffs with Ziggy alone. Roberts would definitley help us, and I think that if Deadmarsh comes back we are SC contenders.
what team were you watching all year? Deadmarsh is gone, Allison is gone, Palffy might be gone...and the kings had roughly the same record last year with Palffy as w/o him anyway. I don't know how you can take a team that lost 11 in a row to finish the season and say they are SC contenders. Tim Leiweke smiles every time he sees how low some fans set the bar...

Old
05-24-2004, 04:12 PM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd
what team were you watching all year? Deadmarsh is gone, Allison is gone, Palffy might be gone...and the kings had roughly the same record last year with Palffy as w/o him anyway. I don't know how you can take a team that lost 11 in a row to finish the season and say they are SC contenders. Tim Leiweke smiles every time he sees how low some fans set the bar...

You said they aren't even playoff contenders. I said w/ Palffy ALONE the whole season we are IN the playoffs. And I said WITH Deadmarsh, and the addition of Roberts we are SC contenders. But we dont have them.

Old
05-24-2004, 05:22 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

bringing in roberts would only give us a better chance at going for the three-peat in league-leading injuries. that would be a terrifically bad move.

Old
05-24-2004, 09:38 PM
swinginutter*

I don't think anybody knows the real formula on what pieces are needed to get to the Finals. It's the toughest trophy to win in sports bar-none! But ***** Calgary and San Jose were not even suppose to be in the playoffs, and look where they finished (Calgary is still not done). Tampa was the league laughing stock forever, and they've built an animal for years to come, especially with Tortorella.
We should seriously start filtering out the old *****s, and even though some may still be in our hearts, the league is changing. My point is, I don't want more depth unless he's a kid trying to crack the league, and second, bringing in guys like Roberts (who I love), Murray (who I hate) will not be the answer.
I have to agree with Brath on the goaltending. You win championships from the back on up. It's all about goaltending in the playoffs, and if you ride a ***** hot goaltender, they can win games by themselves. Calgary is riding on a very young D, just like SJ. Great mobility and tenacity, and they actually hit............up front they're riding Iginla; end of story! Iginla plays the same position as Ziggy. Nowhere near the same players but Ziggy can have the same kind of impact in a different style! Goaltending...........well take a look! Scary thought is that they're both from San Jose and both very young!
Sort out goaltending first! Cecho is not the answer!

Old
05-24-2004, 10:21 PM
jfont

Awards:
roberts is not the answer here...i highly doubt DT will sign a 38 y.o. winger...he's going to give a position to one of the rookies instead of roberts...besides, i think DT still remembers the headbutt roberts gave him when he still played in calgary...

ziggy is first priority...second would be a solid defenseman in the offseason...

would still love to give deader a chance...hey, if the kings waited this long for barney, they can wait abit longer for deader to clear his head and give it a go...

allison =

05-25-2004, 01:34 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

i think the ideal situation is to somehow get someone like jokinen from FLA...25 years old, #1 center with good size, came into the league touted as the next peter forsberg...tho he never reached those expectations, he is starting to peak...

with a guy like this, he will help LA immediately and he's young enough to stick around and play the role Palffy is playing as the offensive leader when our many great prospects come up....

now the problem is how we can get him...he needs to be resigned and FLA isnt going to be competing any time soon...so maybe we can get him without giving up too much

Old
05-25-2004, 02:53 AM
vanderer74

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
i think the ideal situation is to somehow get someone like jokinen from FLA...25 years old, #1 center with good size, came into the league touted as the next peter forsberg...tho he never reached those expectations, he is starting to peak...

with a guy like this, he will help LA immediately and he's young enough to stick around and play the role Palffy is playing as the offensive leader when our many great prospects come up....

now the problem is how we can get him...he needs to be resigned and FLA isnt going to be competing any time soon...so maybe we can get him without giving up too much
With Keenan back in Panthers wishful thinking as Olli was his Fave player there. aint moving i say.(i wish though) but 99% sure he aint going anywhere . and Keenan is known to have his Fave players around the league which he likes and sticks by long history.

Jake

Last edited by vanderer74: 05-25-2004 at 02:57 AM.
Old
05-25-2004, 03:20 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

keep dreaming about getting jokinen at all, nevermind at anything resembling a reasonable price.

Old
05-30-2004, 08:26 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderer74
With Keenan back in Panthers wishful thinking as Olli was his Fave player there. aint moving i say.(i wish though) but 99% sure he aint going anywhere . and Keenan is known to have his Fave players around the league which he likes and sticks by long history.

Jake
yeah...i suspected that my plan was probebaly shot down bc keenan was the guy who helped him develop so well when he was coaching and it seems they had a good relationship....but i was just trowing out an idea of a kind of player we should be looking for...

another possibility is to get a couple of young top 6 guys who can contribute.. parrish (NYI are going to be dumping some veterans this year, and he's one of the guys who's movable), legwand (dont know if NAS will be willing to trade him to LA, but there's talk that NAS is giving up on him)...Smyth (EDM seemed more than willing to get rid of him last year with his increased pay...maybe after CBA, they would pull the trigger)...O'neil (CAR will be pressured to trade him this year even more than last b/c this is his walk year)...calder, huselius, cole, stefan, arnott etc...these guys may be available too

or maybe we should just take advantage of madano's bad year and high salary and try to pair him up with ziggy...DAL may be desperate enough to trade with LA

Old
05-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
yeah...i suspected that my plan was probebaly shot down bc keenan was the guy who helped him develop so well when he was coaching and it seems they had a good relationship....but i was just trowing out an idea of a kind of player we should be looking for...

another possibility is to get a couple of young top 6 guys who can contribute.. parrish (NYI are going to be dumping some veterans this year, and he's one of the guys who's movable), legwand (dont know if NAS will be willing to trade him to LA, but there's talk that NAS is giving up on him)...Smyth (EDM seemed more than willing to get rid of him last year with his increased pay...maybe after CBA, they would pull the trigger)...O'neil (CAR will be pressured to trade him this year even more than last b/c this is his walk year)...calder, huselius, cole, stefan, arnott etc...these guys may be available too

or maybe we should just take advantage of madano's bad year and high salary and try to pair him up with ziggy...DAL may be desperate enough to trade with LA
I don't even think it would possible to get Modano out of Dallas. . .

Closed Thread