HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Belanger to sign (1yr 1.85M)? Possible? trade coming?

Old
08-12-2010, 01:56 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
It all originated from this guy:

http://twitter.com/krufrank

Who is some random dude apparently; so zero reliability. Chimera would be the guy I'd think the Canucks would target though; possibly Steckel if Chimera's salary is too steep.

EDIT: The other good thing for the Cap here; if the player coming back is Chimera it most likely takes the Canucks OUT of the Mitchell sweepstakes due to the cap.
I'd think if GMGM acquires Bieksa, he drops out of the Mitchell sweepstakes as well.

Someone else would have to move, likely Poti or Schultz. Though, I'd love to see:

Schutlz/Poti-Green
Mitchell-Bieksa
Alzner-Carlson

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I'd think if GMGM acquires Bieksa, he drops out of the Mitchell sweepstakes as well.

Someone else would have to move, likely Poti or Schultz. Though, I'd love to see:

Schutlz/Poti-Green
Mitchell-Bieksa
Alzner-Carlson
I think that's a given. GMGM would much rather have a little room to play with at the dead-line.

As for the Chimera question, we need more people like him on our team. Every time I see him fly down the wing, it shocks me how fast he is. He's a PERFECT 3rd liner for our team. 10-15 goals, but has good positioning and maintains possession in the offense zone quite well.

442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolCaps84 View Post
Just out of curiousity, since Calgary has a glut of Dmen, what about Flash and a pick for Mark Giordano? He was the best +/- on the Flames last year, their leading goal-scorer among defensemen, led the team in hits and blocked shots, and has a cap hit of less than $1 mil (his contract also expires after this year). Or are those all reasons Calgary won't trade him?
I think Calgary is going to be very hesitant to deal Gio. He was arguably their best defenseman last year, he's making under $900K this year, and he's one of the few relatively young players on an aging roster.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:27 PM
exwhaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I think Calgary is going to be very hesitant to deal Gio. He was arguably their best defenseman last year, he's making under $900K this year, and he's one of the few relatively young players on an aging roster.
Yep...the only reason why Calgary may be shopping D-men is because they're looking for a salary dump. Giordano's a bargain for what he brings.

exwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:34 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Mafki...you get this **** handled. Its all there for you.

Otherwise...

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Vancouver and Toronto seem like likely trade partners, McPhee has a connection to both one way or another.

Flash can be a 30 goal scorer on another team, there's no place for him here in Washington with the LWs we have.
I see peopole say that all the time and I just wonder what it is they see that makes them think this?

On the Caps he has received decent PP time on one of the leagues best units.....he rarely get the attention of the oppositions best defenders....and in general, is in a great situation with Washington in terms of being ina position to produce.

If he were on a team where his role was as one of the teams players counted on to produce offensively, im not so sure he would flourish and become a 30 goal guy.

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:47 PM
thegreateight

I've been lurking all summer watching everybody get their hopes up but now I'm jumping on that bandwagon!
Would like to keep Chimera ideally but I think that extra D-man could be the key piece. Sort it GMGM!

thegreateight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwhaler View Post
Yep...the only reason why Calgary may be shopping D-men is because they're looking for a salary dump. Giordano's a bargain for what he brings.
Yeah no way Calgary deals Giordano. It was his play IMO that made them ok with dealing Phaneuf.

After McPhee's comments about Fleischmann after he signed his new deal there is no way I can see them trading him. It sounded like they convinced him to sign by saying they'd deal him or walk away if his award came in any higher than what they were offering. They can't then turn around and deal him after he signed what they wanted.

And while I agree that I would prefer they keep Chimera, him having 2 years left does make him someone I would think they might look to deal because it frees up more room to keep guys next offseason. Yes they could easily just deal him after next season but if he can bring them a player they feel would help them this season I can understand dealing him.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Capitlols

If we get Regehr as part of a Fleischmann package, I will **** my pants

Last edited by Cowbell232: 08-12-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:16 PM
EroCaps

Bieksa for Chimmer would just ruin all hope I have for a potential move.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
I see peopole say that all the time and I just wonder what it is they see that makes them think this?

On the Caps he has received decent PP time on one of the leagues best units.....he rarely get the attention of the oppositions best defenders....and in general, is in a great situation with Washington in terms of being ina position to produce.

If he were on a team where his role was as one of the teams players counted on to produce offensively, im not so sure he would flourish and become a 30 goal guy.
He'd instantly become Pittsburgh's first line left winger

Other good teams he could have success with include Vancouver and Boston

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:31 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
If we get Regehr as part of a Fleischmann package, I will **** my pants
Well, they did say something about Belanger not being able to confirm deal because of a salary cap issue. Which makes sense if they're bringing a player in making significant money and trying to make it fit going the other way.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Codependent
Fail for Nail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
He'd instantly become Pittsburgh's first line left winger

Other good teams he could have success with include Vancouver and Boston
I don't know about Boston, it seems like they already have more than enough mediocre wingers.

Codependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codependent View Post
I don't know about Boston, it seems like they already have more than enough mediocre wingers.
I'm thinking about their depth at center and how well they can set wingers up

Pittsburgh, Boston, and Philly are stacked at that position

Old
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
exwhaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post

Partially...because he was 11th on the team in total icetime and managed to score 23 goals in 69 games.

Partially....because he's increased his offensive production every season with slightly more icetime every season. Despite his weaknesses, he's been trending up.

Partially...although he had a role on the first PP team, he was 6th in average PP icetime per game with 2:32, behind Brooks Laich (2:52) and ahead of Branden Morrisonn (2:08). Most of his points on the PP were his assists (13) than his goals (7).

Partially...he did manage to produce in his 12:18 even strength ATOI (7th on the team amongst fowards)--16 goals, which is a rate of 1.13 per 60 minutes.

There's plenty of reason to believe that Fleischmann will continue to improve the offense-sided aspects of his game, especially if he receives a bump in ES icetime.

exwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Predatials

Why aren't the Fraternity in here biting heads off for someone posting "unreliable" twitter trade rumors?

Predatials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:52 PM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Something isn't right here. There's no way GMGM signs Flash and then turns around and trades him right away. It just isn't done.

Maybe there is a deal being worked out, but I would bet it won't involve Flash.

Everybody gets all worked up over rumours, then when nothing happens everyone is screaming for GMGM's head because he didn't make the rumour come true.

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Codependent
Fail for Nail!

I'm thinking about their depth at center and how well they can set wingers up

Pittsburgh, Boston, and Philly are stacked at that position.

That they are.

Pittsburgh could actually use his services, but of course there is the minor problem that we are sworn enemies. Pitt will probably do their usual thing and sling a few draft picks and a couple ok prospects for some role playing wingers.

Philly already has a soft, skilled, inconsistent Euro on the wing, his name is Zherdev.

I wish we could swing a deal for one of Boston's centers and they would just make room for their new franchise center. That would be sweet but I would think they could package one of those centers and an extra winger for a much better player than Flash. I sure would love to rip them off though. Maybe we could sweeten the pot but I would think they need quality not quantity. Too bad though, would be nice.

Last edited by Codependent: 08-12-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Codependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:58 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

I never understood why the caps would have to wait to sign EB unless there was a big money player coming our way.

It just doesn't make sense. Unless the caps have told EB that the deal is pulled if the trade fails. And if that's the case, then why would EB be so willing to be put in that position of perhaps having no chair left for him.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Robert Theodorson

A trade with Boston could work out well, I think Bergeron is probably the center who is most tradeable. Seguin is untouchable (now) and I think Krejic is there to stay.

However any conversation with Boston they would ask for Tim Thomas to be taken off their hands and at that point in time if I was GMGM I would hang up the phone unless they're willing to pay half his salary for the rest of his contract.

Old
08-12-2010, 04:01 PM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
I never understood why the caps would have to wait to sign EB unless there was a big money player coming our way.

It just doesn't make sense. Unless the caps have told EB that the deal is pulled if the trade fails. And if that's the case, then why would EB be so willing to be put in that position of perhaps having no chair left for him.
The impression I got from all of this is that it's not being announced because it would effect the leverage that GM (the one who signed him) would have in the trade he is in the process of negotiating.

Lord knows how...but that's what I got from it.

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 04:05 PM
txpd

philly fans are going to love zherdev. gagne is going to light them up one night while zherdev coasts and it will get ugly for months

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caps Lock View Post
Why aren't the Fraternity in here biting heads off for someone posting "unreliable" twitter trade rumors?
because Mirtle is about as reliable as they come. I'd put the top 3 as Mirtle, Dreger, and Bobby Mac.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post
Something isn't right here. There's no way GMGM signs Flash and then turns around and trades him right away. It just isn't done.

Maybe there is a deal being worked out, but I would bet it won't involve Flash.
That is just crazy talk...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 04:10 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
because Mirtle is about as reliable as they come. I'd put the top 3 as Mirtle, Dreger, and Bobby Mac.
And if the question (or should I say sarcasm) refers to Tomppav's post, he asked a question about the twitter account and reliability and got replies to his question.

Mirtle had an article to accompany his tweets on the topic...plenty fo speculation and rumor with context for some of it.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote