HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

10-11 Central Hockey League season

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Ottawa Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Ottawa Guy...you are bang on....rumour has it the Rangers were in the mix for Shackell but couldnt close the deal. I doubt K-ville would move Curley yet...they'll let the bidding heat up around Christmas. Rangers could definitely dangle a scorer and 16 yr old if they wanted in on the sweepstakes...by mid season the value of their 16 yr olds will have increased.....till then it looks like they wil continue to have rely on scoring to win those high scoring games...
16 year olds are hard to trade, need a 16 year old card since it does not transfer with them, more in like a 17 or 18 year old player. If I was these two teams I would do ASAP, Gloucester could be a contender with Curley and Kemptville needs depth badly, they really have very little scoring.

Old
10-09-2010, 10:30 AM
hockeynut12

Quote:
Ottawa Guy...you are bang on....rumour has it the Rangers were in the mix for Shackell but couldnt close the deal. I doubt K-ville would move Curley yet...they'll let the bidding heat up around Christmas. Rangers could definitely dangle a scorer and 16 yr old if they wanted in on the sweepstakes...by mid season the value of their 16 yr olds will have increased.....till then it looks like they wil continue to have rely on scoring to win those high scoring games...
Daigneault was back in the lineup as the backup for the Rangers last night. My guess is he is back in there next game. Should be a huge boost for the Rangers.

Old
10-09-2010, 03:00 PM
beenaround

I would be very surprised to see Kemptville move Curley. Let us not forget that Alex Breton is a 20 year old. And without a Goalie they will not make the playoffs.
I doubt that daddy Paul want to finish his last year out of the playoffs.

Old
10-09-2010, 07:16 PM
dirk

This league is sad when it comes to Daddy owning the team....

Nepean...alstschuller, vered and watt...every daddy has a call on ice time

Kanata, Russo...please!!!

Hawkesbury...in-laws/family in the system in Jr. B

Kemptville...Brenton there's a scholly for you at the end of the rainbow!!!

Tier 1... ha ha ha

Old
10-10-2010, 08:29 AM
hattrick2000

Attended the SF vs CP game last night. Close game for the first 2 periods then CP blew it open in the 3rd.

Line of Stetham, Kotlarz and Lowe certainly work well together. Had a lot of chances all night long. Did not attend Fridays game between the 2 teams however I heard they were clicking all night however did not get rewarded for it (only 1 goal).

SF team is not as bad as most people thought they would be this year. They still have a few players who continue to take "dumb" penalties which in turn take their team out of the game.

Goaltender Millen let in a "Toskala" type goal last night as well (happens to every goalie once in a while). Felt bad for him.

Old
10-11-2010, 07:16 AM
hawkeye guy

Quote:

Tier 1... ha ha ha
Don't forget Cornwall has Jacobs too.

Old
10-11-2010, 09:07 AM
dirk

Caught the Turkey day game at the PMC last night. Big night for Milley and Bouwdens as they were stand outs. Kings dug themselves a hole early but when Gloucester took the 2nd period off thats all it took to take control of the game. Gloucester looked tired and disinterested losing puck battles all night. Daigneault did show some flashes in net for Gloucester. Kings powerplay looked sharp and was the difference in the end..

Old
10-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Ottawa Guy

Rangers are a team needing a shake up, they have the core for a very good team, just no spark. Watch for a trade or a coaching change if things do not change quickly.

I still predict Curley going to Gloucester with a couple of players going to Kemptville.....

Old
10-11-2010, 10:25 AM
dirk

rangers have five 20 yr forwards with some good younger players on the bench most nights. K-ville would ask a Kings ransom for Curley at this point..depends on how bad Rangers want a proven #1 goalie

Old
10-11-2010, 02:35 PM
beenaround

Quote:
rangers have five 20 yr forwards with some good younger players on the bench most nights. K-ville would ask a Kings ransom for Curley at this point..depends on how bad Rangers want a proven #1 goalie
Hear are a few rumors I heard at the rink this weekend

1. Kemptville will only trade Curley if Breton is included in the deal. Nice of daddy to tie his son to a premier player. Also like buying a team for him to play on. If this true this will be the second time Breton has held Curley back. Last year he would not allow him to play in the Fred Page.

2. Blunden and Vidioni want out of the Rangers and have already been asked to be traded. Can't say much for their program. Because this year with 7 20 year olds it's supposed to be their year. I think you are seeing the Jennings factor in play. watch for the Rangers to emplode.

Old
10-11-2010, 02:38 PM
beenaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
Rangers are a team needing a shake up, they have the core for a very good team, just no spark. Watch for a trade or a coaching change if things do not change quickly.

I still predict Curley going to Gloucester with a couple of players going to Kemptville.....
Would be intersting to see Jennings fire himself Cus he is the coach the other guy is just there to run practice cus he can't. Why would you fire your puck chaser

Old
10-11-2010, 03:55 PM
MacM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Tuttle View Post
Gilbert - Gloucester couldn't give him away back then. Nobody was interested. At the time they had Dupuis who you mention as being a star. What was Gloucester going to do play both at the same time! One of them had to go. Kemptville finally took him in a trade because they needed a backup at the time. The same reason Brockville got him from Kemptville, to back up Saunders until they found a proven starter. Hindsight is 20/20. Also, lets see how Gilbert does for the whole year not just one playoff run.

Last year Dupuis stunk for Gloucester. He had a terrible habit of letting weak goals in at the worst times. Is he a good goalie, I think so but he was out of shape, sulking all year because he didn't make Guelph and played like he was disinterested. A change was good for him. Unfortunately for Gloucester, Dupuis' reputation at the time only got them Sammy Coyne (a player who should have been better his whole junior career).

Kemptville thought so much of Hudson that they were willing to trade Curley earlier this season. I guess they had 2nd thoughts and have hung on to Ben figuring they'll get more in a bidding war later. Hudson will get more playing time with Kemptville than he would have with Gloucester. He is not ready to be a starter yet.

Gloucester could have had Shackell at a good price from CP. Thats the mistake they made because right now, as mentioned, they don't have a goalie.

Who are the "standouts" in Jr. B?
You make my point for me. Is it that the goalies that play in Gloucester are "bad" or playing goal in Gloucester is a bad situation? I think the latter...

My money is on Gloucester looking outside the CJHL for a goalie. The cost of getting what they need from within will be too high.

Old
10-11-2010, 07:18 PM
dirk

it looks like Gloucester is a goalie graveyard...this team can only win 6-5, 7-6 etc...there is no commitment to playing a defensive game...its a full out, firewagon approach...thats why they will NEVER win a title or go deep into playoffs...

Old
10-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Ravenshockey

Quote:

Tier 1... ha ha ha
Dirk - are you implying that Russo isnt a legitimate Tier 1 Defenceman? ha ha I kid, I kid...

Old
10-12-2010, 01:54 PM
beenaround

Kempt 0 Brockville 6 ouch

Sounds like no offense 18 shots, no defense, 46 shots and a goalie who is seeing a lot of rubber. Other than curly i hope someone throws Dunn a life line

Old
10-12-2010, 03:22 PM
dirk

I'll be watching the battle of the ponies tonite...I think Kanata may give Cornwall a hard time. If Shackell is hot and can shut down colts top 2 lines, they could pull the upset...I think Kanata is slowly improving every game..

Old
10-13-2010, 08:28 AM
chlfan99

caught the cp vs. gloucester game on monday, carleton place just was flat all game, couldnt get there powerplay going or anything right, they looked like they were the team that played in pembroke the night before, not gloucester. This one could have been a blowout if it wasnt for Dupuis, he made several huge saves to keep his team in it including what Dorval said after the game could be one of the saves of the year on a 2 on 0 with creppin and webley... this leads to my next question, is cp for real? how long can they stay at the top half of the standings? as for curley, i dont see him going anywhere other then pembroke, pembroke has the depth to trade players for a goaltender of curley's caliber and still be very good.

Old
10-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Ottawa Guy

Talk around the rink last night was that the players have been informed who made Team Canada East and who did not. Apparently all four Brockville guys at tryouts were selected.............. lots of head scratching over a couple of those choices if it is true!!! People wondering how you can make it if you are not even a key contributor on your club team.

Old
10-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Ottawa Guy

From Around the Rink

Who Was That Man in The Red Pants
October 12th, 2010
At the Braves practice today? No itís not Santa but could be a very nice gift!

# 8 Mark Belvedere
Birthdate: Oct 08, 1990
Class: Senior
Home: Montreal, PQ
Position: F
Height: 5′11
Weight: 180

Mark played last year for St Andrews College in the Midwest Prep Hockey League.

Old
10-13-2010, 09:07 AM
dirk

any news on trades??..there was alot of chatter last week that moves were coming...

Old
10-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Ottawa Guy

League Twitter page:

http://twitter.com/CHL_Tier1

Old
10-13-2010, 09:40 AM
BadgerKnight

Cp Gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I hear through the grapevine that there is going to be a new GM in CP...anyone else hear this?....what happened?
Pointstreak shows that GM, Jeff Hawkins, has been released.

Old
10-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Ottawa Guy

With Pereguini being traded by the 67's, does this mean Dupuis will be leaving Carleton Place?

Old
10-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Ravenshockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
With Pereguini being traded by the 67's, does this mean Dupuis will be leaving Carleton Place?
The 67s traded for Shayne Campbell from Sarnia to backup Mrazek. Campbell has been practising with the 67s for a couple weeks now while the Pereguni trade was being sorted out.

Old
10-13-2010, 12:03 PM
hockeynut12

Don't know if this is news to anyone but Martin Dagenais has stepped down as coach of the Hawks. Assistant coach Bob Paquette will take over. Dagenais remains the GM of the club.

Closed Thread