HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

10-11 Central Hockey League season

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2010, 10:13 PM
cjhlinsider

vCash: 500
You know for a fact eh? Were you there? You seem very defensive of Paul, is there a reason for that? Cause our WHOLE team, and pretty much the WHOLE LEAGUE, everyone hates paul. despises him and knows he is a JOKE when it comes to hockey.

I'd laugh so hard if paul read this and made you boys skate til you fest up your name infront of the team.
Word of advice I'd stop bashing your owner/coach/gm online even if he is hated and a JOKE. It's not helping you or your teams problems and your making yourself a target for everyone who views this board.

Old
10-23-2010, 10:04 AM
canadian hockey

Anyone attend opening night at Smiths falls Center.How r the new digs Early season opinion. Teams under performing i.m.o. Nepean,Gloucester. Teams playing over thier heads CPC.

Old
10-23-2010, 12:26 PM
matt3902

Glo vs CP

After watching that game last night it is quite clear something needs to be changed for the Rangers. Vetrans taking stupid penalties, power play that was worse then a peewee hockey power play. Bobby orr must of joined their team as they had defencemen try and skate end to end only to lose the puck on the other blue line everytime. (Correction ORR can do that not the ranger players who try it.) Maybe its just the fans that see these things as the coach sure didn't. As for CP thought they played well last night. No real talent but they worked hard and you could see their coach actually coaching not just standing there.

Old
10-23-2010, 12:36 PM
matt3902

Rangers bench issues

I must say I played hockey at various levels and coached as well and one thing that shouldn't happen is having the GM/Owner on the bench they have press boxes for you or you should be out trying to get some fans out to the games. I keep reading other threads about players not respecting the coaching staff if the coach has lost control which it looks like he has its time for him to step down or be fired. Just setting up for destruction.

As for the "Rangers player" who is writing on here if you are a player don't be letting out the dirty laundry of what is going on in the room amongst the players and coaches, have a team meeting and address the issues or go to the captain or assistant captain and have them address the issues.

Old
10-23-2010, 03:05 PM
hattrick2000

Back to Hockey Talk

I personally think that enough time has been wasted on whether Gloucesters owner is good for the team/league or not. Whether Blunden walked out or was asked to leave.

Let's get back to what is important.......the game.

As far as teams that are under achieving, that would be any team that is not currently in a playoff position. I know that it is early however you have to maintain a consistancy along the way for the whole year.

The big 3 (Cornwall, Pembroke and Brockville) are leading the way however I would say that Brockvilles record is flattering. They have had some very close games that could have went either way. Pembroke is the only 1 of the 3 that seems to be consistant however Cornwall is on a roll.

Ottawa/Nepean are a little dissapointing early on however they will both right the ship and be among the top 6 come Christmas time.

Gloucester, Hawksbury and Kemptville seems destined to be a the bottom of the heap.

Smith Falls and Cumberland will battle it out for the final spot.

Carleton Place has been playing some consistant hockey all season. I do not think that it is a surprise (as another reader stated earlier they are a hard working bunch) they are doing well as much as it is a surprise that some of the other teams are doing so poorly.

Looking forward to alot more hockey.......and GOOD discussions.

Old
10-23-2010, 03:38 PM
dirk

Quarter Season Report Card Time

ok...lets grade the teams based on their performance so far this year. (stick to the play...not the stupid owners or whiney 20yr olds etc)

If Pembroke gets an "A"..

where do the others rate??

Old
10-24-2010, 07:25 AM
beenaround

no vidoini last night? is he hurt or waiting for a trade?

go Rangers go

Old
10-24-2010, 09:25 AM
hockeynut12

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenaround View Post
go Rangers go
Hahaha that made me laugh!

Old
10-24-2010, 12:55 PM
hattrick2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
ok...lets grade the teams based on their performance so far this year. (stick to the play...not the stupid owners or whiney 20yr olds etc)

If Pembroke gets an "A"..

where do the others rate??
Here are my grades for the first quarter:

"A"+

Pembroke - steady, where everyone expected them to be.

B+

Cornwall - playing to expectations
Brockville - playing better than expected, after losing key players from last years roster.

B

Carleton Place - current standing is surprising, however they need to be graded this high due to their success in the first quarter.

C+

Smith Falls - Surprising people with their play in the first quarter.

C-

Ottawa and Nepean - both are underacheiving, however have the potential to turn it around quickly.

D

Kanata - certainly better than last year however a ways to go before hosting FPC.

D-

The last 4 teams all due to inconsistencies in their game. Changes need to be made on all these teams before they become competitive.

Old
10-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Snorlax

I wouldn't say that SK hating a guy means he won't come... Lapierre, Mahfouz, and Milley ring any bells?

Old
10-24-2010, 08:06 PM
dirk

the Separation of the Top 4 teams has begun...I think CP will maintain their 4th place spot behind the big 3...PLK, CWL and BRO.

the battle for 5th-12th is irrelevant as they all will bow out early...

FYI, heard that Vidoni was scratched last night for a team disciplinary thing..

Old
10-25-2010, 07:33 AM
BadgerKnight

73s

73s dressed Jack Nevins from the Almonte Thunder who was in the pre-season camp of the Stallions. Daniel Lacroix has apparently left the team. No comment on Archer & Allard absences for the past few games. Clark is hobbling & Rouselle returned Sunday from a suspension incurred last weekend.

Why does the CHL not list suspensions as do many other Junior A leagues across Canada?

The 73s continue to struggle to score losing both home games to shutouts. It won't be getting any easier as next week, the team plays 5 away games in 8 days. If the team fails to make the playoffs, will Mr. Brenton be able to find a buyer at the end of this year?

Old
10-25-2010, 07:42 AM
beenaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
73s dressed Jack Nevins from the Almonte Thunder who was in the pre-season camp of the Stallions. Daniel Lacroix has apparently left the team. No comment on Archer & Allard absences for the past few games. Clark is hobbling & Rouselle returned Sunday from a suspension incurred last weekend.

Why does the CHL not list suspensions as do many other Junior A leagues across Canada?

The 73s continue to struggle to score losing both home games to shutouts. It won't be getting any easier as next week, the team plays 5 away games in 8 days. If the team fails to make the playoffs, will Mr. Brenton be able to find a buyer at the end of this year?
In my hunble opinion here is Mr Breton plan. He bought the team 4 years ago so his son could play. He then over the years depleted that team to the point where his son could make the top two lines. He has now tied all trades for curley to include his son.
He will tade away his vets for young players as Kemptville will not make the playoffs this year. And I am sure he will find another young father looking for a place for his son to play.
I am hoping the the town buys the team and brings back the old Kemptville 73's that were leaders year after year and a jewel in the junior B world. Not the gong shoe that Me breton has turned it into to.

Old
10-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:

Allard was sitting in the stands last night, apparently for disciplinary reasons and Archer is no longer with the team. This team just does not have any offense, even on the PP their forwards miss open nets and they take way too many needless penalties. Personally I would trade their 20 year olds and build for next season, they may even get better this season if they do it. There are some have decent young players who should be solid players for them in the future.

Old
10-25-2010, 02:05 PM
BadgerKnight

Other JR hockey chats

Some interesting posts on other junior hockey chat boards.

NCAA Scholarships
Posting on another Jr. A hockey forum on how Ohio State has changed NCAA hockey scholarship recruiting pitch.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/24352...E+and+the+NCAA

A discussion by the new Ohio coach's "culture change".
http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...14_culture.php

One player, Taylor Stefishen, has joined the WHL Prince George Cougars. He had already been drafted in the 6th round by the Nashville Predators.
http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4099065

Why do the Cornwall Colts not have an identified academic advisor noted on the CHL website?

Too Many PIMs
A forum poster has stated that the coach of Junior C, Hanover Barons, has been removed from his position by the Ontario Hockey Association as his team was far in excess of the provincial average of PIMs for Junior C teams. At the time of removal, the team had averaged 34.5 PIMs in 10 games. This person has coached at the Tier 2 Jr A level, with the defunct Durham Huskies.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/17012...ches+Beware%21

There are no CHL teams anywhere close to these numbers but in the EOJHL, both Brockville Tikis & Alexandria Glens are averaging 37 PIMs.

Old
10-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Ottawa Guy

CHL Team Canada East Players

Goalie: Gilbert
Defense: Wilson
Forward: Peca, Spinks x 2, Zion, Baun, Dumond

No Rankin or McNammee on the team............

Old
10-26-2010, 06:56 AM
BadgerKnight

Canada East & West Jr Roster

No Rankin or McNammee on the team..........

Can East Roster
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...61&ss_id=68000

Can West Roster
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...62&ss_id=68000

Last edited by BadgerKnight: 10-26-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Incorrect Can West roster 1rst posted
Old
10-26-2010, 11:56 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post

No Rankin or McNammee on the team............
No David Roy ???

trade me right f..ing now!!!

Old
10-26-2010, 02:15 PM
BadgerKnight

Former 73s player

Quote:
Archer is no longer with the team.
The Campbellton Tigers of the Maritime Junior Hockey League has added 19 year-old defenceman Rod Archer obtaining his rights from the Kemptville 73s.
http://www.hockeyscene.com/hockeysce...lid=4&nid=8221

Old
10-26-2010, 02:31 PM
beenaround

Quote:
The Campbellton Tigers of the Maritime Junior Hockey League has added 19 year-old defenceman Rod Archer obtaining his rights from the Kemptville 73s.
Another example of a team not being able to keep quailty players. Why is that. Daddy Breton, or Daddy Malloy, Daddy Mcgrath?

You have to feel sorry for the couple of quailty Vets that are still on that team.

Old
10-26-2010, 02:39 PM
overtheboards

league has problems . too many owners have teams for the wrong reasons

Old
10-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Ottawa Guy

Originally Posted by BadgerKnight

Another example of a team not being able to keep quailty players. Why is that. Daddy Breton, or Daddy Malloy, Daddy Mcgrath?

You have to feel sorry for the couple of quailty Vets that are still on that team.

Before making a stupid comment like above you may have wanted to watch the kid play. He was a 19 year old that was not able to crack the top 6 or 7 defense in the line-up, they already have 3 other more experienced defense that play his style. Kemptville traded for some defense since he signed and he had fallen down the depth chart. Kemptville has done him a favour trading him to a place where he will get to play regularly.

I wish him the best of luck.

Old
10-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
league has problems . too many owners have teams for the wrong reasons
I do not think the owner parents are perfect either but the reality who else is willing to buy teams and lose money on a yearly basis. This league only has a few teams that make money and they are located more than 45 minutes outside Ottawa.

What the CHL really needs is a league wide marketing strategy to address the real issue which is a lack of fans in the stands. This is good hockey to watch and it is a shame that there are not more people in the stands.

Old
10-26-2010, 03:29 PM
voiceofytown

Wonder if Troy Ryan GM of Canada East even had any say in picking the team? There were a few high skill kids who should be there but aren't. Oh ell another ass kicking this year. Remember Canada East last season was beat by a MHL all star team.

Old
10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
I do not think the owner parents are perfect either but the reality who else is willing to buy teams and lose money on a yearly basis. This league only has a few teams that make money and they are located more than 45 minutes outside Ottawa.

What the CHL really needs is a league wide marketing strategy to address the real issue which is a lack of fans in the stands. This is good hockey to watch and it is a shame that there are not more people in the stands.
The reason the teams out side of the city do well is because sports wise there is nothing else.This is not a ottawa only issue most major city have the same issue with attendance.Can this be fixed yes the league and owners have to started treated the chl as a pro league.

Seat Deals

$2 Dollar Tuesday
Every tuesday charge just $2 for any adult.

All You Can Eat
Offer a all you can eat ticket be it pizza/hot dogs etc.

Community
Have players and teams more in the community much like pro teams do.

Hype rivals
Its very important to hype rivals a nepean-kanata game if marketed right should draw 500 plus

Closed Thread