HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

10-11 Central Hockey League season

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2011, 12:37 PM
BadgerKnight

vCash: 500
Braves/Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickhandle View Post
hopefully the officiating is solid in game 7 in Brockville, Nepean has really got shafted in two of their losses so far, two bad calls on disallowed goals and 10 questionable minors in the last game
I can concur with the the sentiment of a missed goal call in Game 3 but not in Game 6. Domenico fully deserved that Goaltender Interference penalty as he knocked down the goalie.

Nepean have only 4 healthy defencemen for this series (Coon & Odam are out) and those 4 young men must be getting tired especially when your opponents are putting up ~50 shots a game, By my count, the Raiders are only using 10 forwards (Boutin & Norris are out). And when you are tired then a player might make a mistake. Yes, the referees could have called more penalties but the calls that were made were not, IMO, questionable.

We are in agreement that hopefully the referees are solid and not have to be involved in any controversial play. Both teams know this is a Game 7 and I suspect we, as fans, are going to see an excellent game.

Old
03-18-2011, 12:47 PM
BadgerKnight

Bowker Interview -Lake 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Any way to hear this interview through MP3?
Found this MP3.
http://lake88.ca/lake88/media/BOWKER%20(IN%20FOCUS).mp3

Old
03-18-2011, 12:59 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
thanks

Old
03-18-2011, 07:05 PM
raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutGallery View Post
I think Colts Fan has been pretty balanced in his views. I think we all agree that the Shackell hit was shocking and overblown, and that Borowski is not a player that has been vicious in his past. Also, Colts Fan is not proud of the Zanardo incident and agrees that the punishment could have been more severe. The entire series does not promote this league well. This is an emotional topic that has been dealt with and it is time to move on.

Remaining series, predictions?

I think Nepean may complete the upset and CP will roar back.

Views?
Well, peanutgallery you are well on your way to the upset prediction, end of 1 Nepean 2-0 in Brockville. Braves go figure!!!

Old
03-18-2011, 08:14 PM
raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
Well, peanutgallery you are well on your way to the upset prediction, end of 1 Nepean 2-0 in Brockville. Braves go figure!!!
After 2, Nepean 2-1, and Rangers look in control of game 6.

Old
03-18-2011, 08:45 PM
raz

Quote:
After 2, Nepean 2-1, and Rangers look in control of game 6.
What a comeback by the Braves! So the semi's are set!!

Rangers vs LumberKings
Braves vs Colts

Lets hear the predictions and thoughts!

Old
03-18-2011, 09:45 PM
chlfan99

Quote:
What a comeback by the Braves! So the semi's are set!!

Rangers vs LumberKings
Braves vs Colts

Lets hear the predictions and thoughts!
lumberkings sweep 4-0
colts 4-2

Old
03-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Snorlax

Anyone know yet when Round 2 games will be starting?

Old
03-19-2011, 05:32 AM
raz

Quote:
In case anyone follows the National Jr A playoffs the first exits of a top 20 team. Newmarket and Burlington (OJHL) have been eliminated as well as Penticton Vees (BCHL)!

1. (1) Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL)
2. (2) Powell River Kings (BCHL)
3. (4) Okotoks Oilers (AJHL)
4. (7) Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL)
5. (5) Newmarket Hurricanes (OJHL) - Eliminated
6. (3) Cornwall Colts (CCHL)
7. (6) Wellington Dukes (OJHL)
8. (8) Burlington Cougars (OJHL) - Eliminated
9. (9) Vernon Vipers (BCHL)
10. (10) Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL)
11. (11) La Ronge Ice Wolves (SJHL)
12. (12) Portage Terriers (MJHL)
13. (15) Wisconsin Wilderness (SIJHL)
14. (13) Woodstock Slammers (MHL)
15. (14) Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL) Eliminated
16. (16) Oakville Blades (OJHL)
17. (18) Brockville Braves (CCHL)
18. (HM) Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL)
19. (19) Penticton Vees (BCHL) - Eliminated
20. (20) Les Cougars du College Champlain - Sherbrooke (LHJAAAQ)
Update Bonnyville (AJHL) hhas also been eliminated.

Old
03-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Bushwacker

Quote:
Update Bonnyville (AJHL) hhas also been eliminated.
Spruce Grove vs Fort McMurray starts tonight in Spruce Grove.

Old
03-19-2011, 02:15 PM
beenaround

OMG, just when you thought it was safe, you open the CJHL web page a you read the story on Breton, and once again you lose all respect for the league.

Fristly there is the no call on the Cornwall incident, and then this I cannot think of one family that has been worst for the league the Bretons. The facts are he would have never played in the league if his dad did not own a team lets he honest. They water down the team over the past four years to the point no one could argue thaqt Alex would play on the top two lines and play on the trhe PP. Can you image how many kids got screwed along the way. Not to mention good coaches that went through that program over the last 4 years that were fired cus they would not play Alex over others who deserved to play.

I down blame the citicen they do not know any better, but the league come on.

Old
03-19-2011, 04:16 PM
PeanutGallery

Part of the plan, to sell the team....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenaround View Post
OMG, just when you thought it was safe, you open the CJHL web page a you read the story on Breton, and once again you lose all respect for the league.

I down blame the citicen they do not know any better, but the league come on.
Pretty obvious that you post a story like this one once your only reason for buying the team graduates. You know that there will be another set of parents out there reading the game plan and thinking that they should buy the team as well. Time will tell.

Old
03-19-2011, 07:08 PM
BadgerKnight

Semi-Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
Anyone know yet when Round 2 games will be starting?
The Colts/Braves series dates were posted on Pointstreak.

The Daily Observer has indicated this coming Tuesday will be the 1rst game of the series in Pembroke. During the regular season the Rangers did have a few Wed. night home games. My assumption for the delay might be booking ice time through the City of Ottawa on a weekend.
http://www.thedailyobserver.ca/Artic...aspx?e=3033268

Old
03-20-2011, 08:22 AM
raz

Thought we could all throw in our 2 cents on the next round matchups.

Starting with Braves vs Colts.

Season Series - Colts lead 5-1 - 3 games 2-1
GF and GA 16-13 - Colts Edge
Physical Battle -Braves edge - with much bigger overall team over 6'0, Braves have 16 - Colts with 8, expect the Braves to be physical again, Nepean is a very physical team and the Braves are well aware of how that punishment over time will help, the Colts went through a much softer series.

Forwards Scoring - Colts edge - Laliberte, Spinks, Spinks, Zion, Borkowski and Rowbottom, once again though the Colts are relying heavily on the one line to carry them thru, Braves - Dumond, Smerke, Matheson, Roy, Skakum, Roll, Zaremba, the Breaves rely on 4 lines to score, certainly more balanced after line 1 but will it be enough, they scored in bursts and by committee, but will it be enough and can they shut down the big line? Both teams added two game changers in Smerke and Borkowski, they both could be a huge part of this series.

Goaltending - Colts - by wide margin - Karvouniaris has been rock solid all year, while the Braves have had two very strong performances, Gilbert has definately not been the calibre he was for two weekends a year ago. Betts has been much stronger and without the goalie change in the last series maybe this is not a series we are talking about.

Defense - Colts - Braves EVEN - A lot of talk about that was going to be the difference for the Braves this year, was the back end experience, but the Colts have had a much stronger defense than anyone may have anticipated, thats where the Colts have some size and they are physical.

Specialty teams - Colts edge - Clearly the Colts powerplay is much stronger and if this series becomes a specialty tems series than the Colts will come out on top.

Coaching - Braves Edge - Todd Gil has proven he can motivate his team from any adversity, he will not back off of playing everyone, the Colts will continue to overplay the big line.

Series - Colts ever so slight edge - expect this to be a long series, 7 games is most likely, Karvouniaris could be the differnce for the Colts and shutting down the Colts big line will clearly be the Braves differnence to win this series.

Prediction Colts in 7

Rangers vs Kings

Season Series - Kings lead 6-0 - only 1 blowout and all high scoring games
GF and GA 38-21 - Kings Edge
Physical Battle -Rangers Kings even - with bigger overall team over 6'0, Rangers have 15 - Kings with 12, dont expect this series to be a physical war, the Kings forwards are highly skilled and very deep. The Rangers have skill but not as deep as the Kings and can they all contribute line for line.

Forwards Scoring - Kings edge - Tousonian, Milley, Just, Peca, Salituro, Bodo, Gallant, Zay, Gagne, Pletsch on and on, they have 4 lines that score - Rangers - Creppin, Webley, Pancel, McMurtry after that they fall off quickly

Goaltending - Even - Curley will have to be lights out to win this series, while he did not play during the season like he can he, certailnly has in the playoffs but to face 34shots a game to CP he should expect 45-50 a night in this series. Dupuis is still the same, hot and cold, however his cold may only give up 3 in a game and the Kings are more than capable of putting up 5 and 6 goals every game.

Defense - Kings Edge - Kings are much deeper at defense than people may realize, Reinhart, Farrell are tough to score on and will match up against the Creppin Line. Their biggest strength is puck movement, all 6 d move the puck quickly to the skill of the team and rarely commit errors in btheir own end. The Rangers defense is much slower and will spend a lot of time chasing the Kings forward over a long series that will be to much for the Rangers.

Specialty teams - Kings big edge - They have been the top team all year on the PP and have been even better in the playoffs, Curley will have Milley in front of him all series and he is to hard to handle for any defenseman there. Peca, Tousonian, Just and Salituro are pure snipers and can score in a hurry with the man advantage. The Kings penalty kill is also dangerous, Peca and Pletsch are not only strong at defending they create many shorthanded opportunities. The Rangers PP is no slouch, they can score, but the Kings dont take many penalties and that will hurt the Rangers, who even in their first series took too many penalties, the Kings will make them pay for that.

Coaching - Kings Edge - Keefe understands the entire game at this level, if he needs to match up players he will, if he wants to confuse the opposition he will play 9 forwards and interchange them every shift. Huge motivator and the Kings players definately play for him. Expect all kinds of line changes all game long.

Series - Kings edge - expect this to be a high scoring series, but 7 games is most unlikely, Curley can be the only difference, for the Rangers to come out on top, if the Rangers take penalties shutting down the Kings PP and forwards will be a tall order for the Rangers.

Prediction Kings in 5

Old
03-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Me Me

fred page

can anyone tell me the dates of the fred page this year

Old
03-20-2011, 05:52 PM
BadgerKnight

Fred Page Cup in Terrebonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Me View Post
can anyone tell me the dates of the fred page this year
April 20-24, 2011 in Terrebonne, Quebec with the Cobras as the Host team

The English section is very sparse but the French section has lots of info. Games are set for 3:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. and with the championship game set for Sunday, April 24 @ 3 p.m.
http://www.fredpage2011.com/en/

The Royal Bank Cup is set for April 30-May 8 in Camrose, Alberta.
http://hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_...28/la_id/1.htm

Old
03-20-2011, 06:32 PM
raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
April 20-24, 2011 in Terrebonne, Quebec with the Cobras as the Host team

The English section is very sparse but the French section has lots of info. Games are set for 3:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. and with the championship game set for Sunday, April 24 @ 3 p.m.
http://www.fredpage2011.com/en/

The Royal Bank Cup is set for April 30-May 8 in Camrose, Alberta.
http://hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_...28/la_id/1.htm
Thanks for posting this. Nice to see a host that sets up a proper playoff time. Last several years the 1st place team had to much of an advantage, when the semi was the night before.

By doing this the semi final winner will have a chance to recover and get a good night sleep.

Old
03-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Valleyguy

[QUOTE=raz;31798180]Thanks for posting this. Nice to see a host that sets up a proper playoff time. Last several years the 1st place team had to much of an advantage, when the semi was the night before.

By doing this the semi final winner will have a chance to recover and get a good night sleep.[/QUOTE

Not sure where to get the info on the FPC schedule, the link provided are not very descriptive, i was trying to find the breakdown of the dates and games but no luck

Old
03-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Thanks for posting this. Nice to see a host that sets up a proper playoff time. Last several years the 1st place team had to much of an advantage, when the semi was the night before.

By doing this the semi final winner will have a chance to recover and get a good night sleep.

Hockey Canada controls the schedule entirely, host does not have any say, any changes have been mandated by Hockey Canada. When bidding they give you the schedule and you have to supply the ice in the format they request. There may be some leeway in starting times for the afternoon & evening games but the dates are not flexible.

Old
03-21-2011, 10:26 AM
BadgerKnight

[QUOTE=Valleyguy;31808821]
Quote:

By doing this the semi final winner will have a chance to recover and get a good night sleep.[/QUOTE

Not sure where to get the info on the FPC schedule, the link provided are not very descriptive, i was trying to find the breakdown of the dates and games but no luck
The posted schedule to date only shows the dates & times of the games. There are no details on the host's site for when the CCHL team plays and against which team.
http://www.fredpage2011.com/fr/horaire.php

Old
03-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Valleyguy

What's up with Bodo from the PLK?? Are we going to see him in this round, i heard it may be a concussion!

Old
03-22-2011, 01:02 PM
raz

Actually Bodo won't go yet, he is still a scratch! He suffered an injury the last couple of games before the reg season ended. I cannot remember if that was a concussion or not, sorry!

Old
03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
raz

In case your CHL Live is not working the score is 3-1 Kings after 2. Shots are 24-14 after two in favor of the Kings. Tale of 2 different periods Kings were rusty to start in the 1st but really took it to the Rangers to go up 3-0.

The 2nd was mostly the Rangers, almost looked like the Kings backed off and it cost them. Really good period for the Rangers and Dupuis made some great saves. The Rangers scored a hard work goal after Dupuis made a couple of saves they banged in the 3rd rebound.

Rangers big line Creppin, Webley and Pancel are very strong and the Kings have had a big effort from Milley, Just and Zay.

Old
03-22-2011, 08:53 PM
raz

To finish off , the 3rd was more slanted the Kings way, absolute picture goal on the powerplay for the kings. Dupuis played very strong, and should be a bit upset with the Kings taking to very bad penalties and he made some great saves too finish, but good 2man pp goal, with 2.5 left on the clock.

Game 1 in the books!

Old
03-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Me Me

out

Quote:
To finish off , the 3rd was more slanted the Kings way, absolute picture goal on the powerplay for the kings. Dupuis played very strong, and should be a bit upset with the Kings taking to very bad penalties and he made some great saves too finish, but good 2man pp goal, with 2.5 left on the clock.

Game 1 in the books!
Bodo got hit in the last reg game from behind buy a neapen player.concusion. Someone tell me why the cornwall and brockville game isn't till tomorrow night are they to tierd from the first series and the baby line are hurting.Last night game was so so the ref was bad at the end when brock. top line went after pecia and no pen. to the ones started it. Creppin picking on small guys.

Closed Thread