HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

10-11 Central Hockey League season

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2011, 09:39 AM
From the slot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenaround View Post
And to add the refs were burtal, swendog is way out of his league. Can't believe that this is the best they have

The refs have been bad in this series both ways.. But lets get rid of any theories of bias towards either team right now. It's ridiculous, it's petty and destroys any credibility any of us and our comments in this forum have/had.

Old
04-14-2011, 09:53 AM
beenaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the slot View Post
The refs have been bad in this series both ways.. But lets get rid of any theories of bias towards either team right now. It's ridiculous, it's petty and destroys any credibility any of us and our comments in this forum have/had.
No bias intended but what the spinks boys are allowed to get away with in plain sight of the refs is sickening.

Takes away from the intent of the game which the best 2 teams playing hockey. This kind of crap is what we are trying to get rid of.

PS. 2 teeth to 0 for cornwall.

PSS Just got drivern into the borads by spinks that was a major for boarding, hitting from behind, attempted murder, you pick em but no call.

Not the game I love or Mr. Arbrams is trying promote. But the refs turn a blind eye cus its the finals

Old
04-14-2011, 10:57 AM
nappyroot

Nigel has had it out with Ian McInnis for the last 2 seasons.....what a joke when this guy refs games!!! No chance for the Colts to come back when your shorthanded the whole third period! I feel like I have been robbed of a hockey series, this is the best junior A hockey that I have seen in 15 years to be decided by a single ref! He has done it to the team time and time again and now Hockey Canada has been contacted and he will be notified! To bad for the CJHL.....BOOOOOH Should be a great game in Cornwall tonight.....hope Hockey Canada will keep Nigel out of the finals!

Old
04-14-2011, 11:41 AM
lamarue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroot View Post
Nigel has had it out with Ian McInnis for the last 2 seasons.....what a joke when this guy refs games!!! No chance for the Colts to come back when your shorthanded the whole third period! I feel like I have been robbed of a hockey series, this is the best junior A hockey that I have seen in 15 years to be decided by a single ref! He has done it to the team time and time again and now Hockey Canada has been contacted and he will be notified! To bad for the CJHL.....BOOOOOH Should be a great game in Cornwall tonight.....hope Hockey Canada will keep Nigel out of the finals!
I am glad hockey canada has been notified. Whatever colt fan or parent has done that....thank you. Once they watch the video of that game they will see the spearing from spinks and butt end from baun and elbowing from rowthanbam. Please watch the video, not as a parent or fan of the team, but a fan of hockey and tell us then that you feel the same way. Also pre game when the colts are warming up outside PMC and they yell " put the f_____g wood them boys they f_____n hate that" then start chanting " kill, kill,kill"
Game six will get out of hand for sure.

Old
04-14-2011, 03:08 PM
From the slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroot View Post

This is the exact kind of comment I was referring to earlier when I posted about bias. It is ridiculous, and discredits you. What in the world makes you think a referee cares if the Colts or Lumber Kings win? What can be gained or pleasure can be had for a ref to make up phantom calls to screw a team or a coach ? Do you honestly believe a referee started playing or refereeing hockey because someday he wanted to screw Cornwall ? Do you think the refs go back to their dressing room and laugh to themselves, "did you see the call I made up to cost Pembroke a man advantage?" These guys get paid to do this, presumably because they enjoy it, have ambition to move forward with it, and at some level they were good at it. Do you think the referee in chief would assign an official to an important game knowing or suspecting the ref has a bone to pick with SK or IM ?

Cornwall had a wonderful opportunity in the 1st period on a 5-3 for a full two minutes to make a difference on the scoreboard. Where was the refs bias against Cornwall on that play ? Any attempt to blame the refs for Colts or Kings' lazy or undisiplined play is a fan who cannot admit his team was not the best after time expired.

Lets stop *****ing about the refs, allow for human error until androids get assignments to call the games and enjoy two great hockey teams performing at a high level in front of large crowds that does not happen enough.

Old
04-15-2011, 01:04 AM
Me Me

I agree

this was good hockey and I would like to congradulation to SK and the kings. If you where at the game you so it and you may never see it again 5 championships yes 5 in a row. The Cornwal goaly shouldn't of selabrated at the end of the last game in Cornwall by putting his hands up and say we are going to have the belt. Good work Kings and good luck at the fred page.Very good hockey

Old
04-15-2011, 06:07 AM
raz

Road to the Fred Page Cup!

Host - Terrebone Cobras

QJHL - Longueuil College Francais
MAJHL - Summerside Western Capitals
CHL - Pembroke Lumber Kings

Old
04-15-2011, 06:12 AM
raz

Road to the RBC - National Jr A playoffs - exits of a top 20 team!

RBC Host team this year are the Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL).

1. (1) Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL)
2. (2) Powell River Kings (BCHL) - Eliminated
3. (4) Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) - Eliminated
4. (7) Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL)
5. (5) Newmarket Hurricanes (OJHL) - Eliminated
6. (3) Cornwall Colts (CCHL) - Eliminated
7. (6) Wellington Dukes (OJHL)
8. (8) Burlington Cougars (OJHL) - Eliminated
9. (9) Vernon Vipers (BCHL)
10. (10) Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) - Eliminated
11. (11) La Ronge Ice Wolves (SJHL)
12. (12) Portage Terriers (MJHL)
13. (15) Wisconsin Wilderness (SIJHL)
14. (13) Woodstock Slammers (MHL) - Eliminated
15. (14) Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL) - Eliminated
16. (16) Oakville Blades (OJHL) - Eliminated
17. (18) Brockville Braves (CCHL) - Eliminated
18. (HM) Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) - Eliminated
19. (19) Penticton Vees (BCHL) - Eliminated
20. (20) Les Cougars du College Champlain Sherbrooke (LHJAAAQ) - Eliminated

Honorable mention -
Yorkton Terriers (SJHL) - Eliminated
Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) - Eliminated
Winkler Flyers (MJHL) - Eliminated
Soo Eagles (NOJHL)
Summerside Western Capitals (MHL)

Last edited by raz: 04-18-2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old
04-15-2011, 06:15 AM
raz

Road to the RBC - CJHL League Finals, 10 teams left!

RBC Host team this year are the Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL).

BCHL - Vernon Vipers - Champions!
AJHL - Spruce Grove Saints - Champions!
SJHL - Laronge Ice Wolves - Champions!
MJHL - Portage Terriers - Champions!
SIJHL - Wisconsin Wilderness - Champions!
NOJHL- Soo Eagles - Champions!
OPJHL- Wellington Dukes - Champions!
CHL - Pembroke Lumber Kings - Champions!
QJHL - Longueuil College Francais - Champions!
MJHL - Summerside Western Capitals - Champions!

Old
04-15-2011, 06:17 AM
raz

Road to the RBC - Next stop!

This will narrow the Top 10 to the Top 5!!!!

Doyle Cup

Vernon Vipers vs Sprice Grove Saints

Anavet Cup

LaRonge Ice Wolves vs Portage Terriers

Dudley Hewitt Cup

Wisconsin Wildernes, Soo Eagles, Huntsville Otters, Wellington Dukes

Fred Page Cup

Terrebonne Cobras, Summerside Western Capitals, Longueuil College Francais, Pembroke Lumber Kings

Old
04-15-2011, 06:27 AM
raz

Pembroke Lumber Kings

Congratulations to the 5 time CHL Champions the Pembroke Lumber Kings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was no easy feat as the have played several great teams in the Finals and a team, franchise that was not expected to win the last 3 seasons. Only 2 other teams in the history of Junior Hockey in Canada has ever accomplished this feat.

The resiliance of the perrenial powerhouse is amazing. Mr. Keefe has a way of bringing in the 9 or 10 players every year that he has to replace, shape their games and help them rise to a new level come playoff time.

As always they will lose some great players again next season but they will re-tool, re-construct and find a way to be very competetive again!

Wish you the best at the Fred Page Cup, this team always represents us well, maybe this year they can take it to another level.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Colts Fan

Congratulations to the Kings, It was a great series one of the best in recent years. Go to The Fred Page and the RBC cups and show the rest of the country the caliber of hockey we have here in the CJHL.

Old
04-15-2011, 03:41 PM
BadgerKnight

CCHL Vision?

While fans await the next stage of the playoffs, any comments on the what should the vision of the CCHL be?

Over in the OPJHL, there has been an effort to contract the number of teams in the league. Last year, successful franchises on the ice, Couching (Orillia) and Bowmanville folded along with three other teams. To date this year,Collingwood, Dixie, Orangeville & Streetsville, have announced the cessation of operations reducing their numbers to 27 teams. Now, the Kingston Voyageurs' owner has posted his team for sale with a very short time frame to buy as April 18 is supposed to be the last date for contraction.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/24352...geurs+for+sale

Of interest to the CCHL is the suggestion that perhaps a new Kingston team could be applying to our league for inclusion. An additional rumour is that perhaps both Wellington & Trenton might apply to the CCHL. Another rumour has Huntsville ceasing operations once the Dudley-Hewitt Cup is over as this league wants to reduce travel distances and concentrate on GTA teams. If the three most eastern based teams moved to the CCHL, that would be fulfilling that attempt.

In the past, North Bay had inquired as to joining the CCHL Apparently, Wellington also asked about joining & coincidentally the Wellington GM & the CCHL President are brothers.

The biggest constraint is that all of these four teams fall outside of the geographical district of the Ottawa & District Hockey Association (ODHA). In the area Jr. B league, Gananocque is outside the ODHA district. That Jr. B franchise has to each year reapply & seek permission from the OHA to play in the ODHA. Would the OHA provide similar provision to teams that are not just on the periphery of the boundary?

The league in the last couple of years expanded to Kemptville & Carleton Place but, I realistically can't see this league expanding to any further communities in eastern Ontario. The only consideration would be a consolidation of teams such as Casselman & Embrun which is then at the expense of the Jr. B & C leagues. Even though these teams have had success in their own leagues, it might be difficult to carry past on-ice success forward into Jr. A. Kempville has not yet found the plan.

If the league wants to add teams to their current list, going outside the ODHA boundaries is one possibility. Even with good college hockey just across the river in the States, the past expansion to Massena lasted only a couple of years. Then, maybe expansion is not necessary for if centres were at a greater distance, this could impact on the education commitment that the CCHL touts on their website.

Old
04-16-2011, 07:09 AM
raz

Doyle Cup

Vernon Vipers -1 vs Spruce Grove Saints -2

Anavet Cup

LaRonge Ice Wolves -0 vs Portage Terriers -2

Dudley Hewitt Cup

Wisconsin Wildernes-0-0, Soo Eagles-0-0, Huntsville Otters-0-0, Wellington Dukes-0-0

Fred Page Cup

Terrebonne Cobras-0-0, Summerside Western Capitals-0-0, Longueuil College Francais-0-0, Pembroke Lumber Kings-0-0

Last edited by raz: 04-18-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old
04-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Ottawa Guy

Congratulation to Lumberkings!! I watched 2 of the games and the final was very entertaining hockey.

Good Luck at the Fred Page Cup.

The Maritime team, Summerside Western Capitals, will have Ottawa area goalie, Paul Dorsey in the nets.

Last edited by Ottawa Guy: 04-18-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old
04-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Ottawa Guy

Continue to hear rumours this weekend that the draft has been changed again and now the teams can draft an unlimited number of Major Bantams. Origiinally they had 2 protects, then 3 additional picks were added and now apparently they can draft as many as they like. This was also reported on "Around the Rink". This will not do anything to improve the tensions already out there between Junior and Minor hockey.

It will be interesting to see how this affects the draft. Historically a lot of teams would draft mostly 16 year olds from minor midget and two or three 17 or 18 year olds from either major midget or Jr B.

Drafting Bantams really takes the ability to "crystal ball" into the future. Some of these players will end up in the OHL. some will play in 2 years as 16 year olds, some will not be ready for 3 or 4 and others will never play in the league.

It will be interesting to see how teams will deal with this.

If I were a strong undrafted 17 or 18 year old I would be happy, this will essentially turn quite a few of them into "free agents" and teams will now have to sign them earlier or risk losing them to other teams.

Old
04-19-2011, 09:19 AM
lamarue

PLK off to FPC.

Good luck to the PLK as they leave for the FPC. They will be missing a few key players as they make this run for the FPC. Missing from the line-up will be Boudens, Pletsch and Bodo. Good Luck and and bring home the FPC !!!!!!!!!

Old
04-19-2011, 07:49 PM
lamarue

FPC games online

Can anyone tell me if the fred page cup games can be viewed online somewhere?

Nevermind I found one thanks.

Last edited by lamarue: 04-19-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: .
Old
04-20-2011, 06:08 AM
raz

Road to RBC! And then there were 12!

Doyle Cup

Vernon Vipers -1 vs Spruce Grove Saints -2

Anavet Cup

LaRonge Ice Wolves -1 vs Portage Terriers -2

Dudley Hewitt Cup

Wisconsin Wildernes-0-1, Soo Eagles-0-1, Huntsville Otters-1-0, Wellington Dukes-1-0

Fred Page Cup
Terrebonne Cobras-0-0, Summerside Western Capitals-0-0, Longueuil College Francais-0-0, Pembroke Lumber Kings-0-0

Old
04-20-2011, 06:18 AM
raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamarue View Post
Can anyone tell me if the fred page cup games can be viewed online somewhere?

Nevermind I found one thanks.

Could you post where to get the games on line, thx in advance!!!

Old
04-20-2011, 06:23 AM
lamarue

fasthockey.com

Old
04-20-2011, 04:25 PM
raz

Lumber Kings Update

For those of you that cannot get info on the game. The game was delayed due to a power outage, they started the game at 5:00 pm.

The Kings play the Longueiul College, they have got off to a great start as the Kings came out flying and lead after 20 mins 4-0!!!

Go Kings Go!

2nd Period

Longueiul came out hard in the middle frame scoring early on a rebound. The Lumber Kings looked a little flustered but halfway thru turned it around liting the lamp 3 more times to go up 7-1 after 2!!!

3rd Period

The Kings offense continued in the final frame as they out scored the Quebec Champions 4-2 for a final score of 11-3!!!

Kings play tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 against the Summerside Western Capitals.

Last edited by raz: 04-20-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old
04-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Me Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
For those of you that cannot get info on the game. The game was delayed due to a power outage, they started the game at 5:00 pm.

The Kings play the Longueiul College, they have got off to a great start as the Kings came out flying and lead after 20 mins 4-0!!!

Go Kings Go!

2nd Period

Longueiul came out hard in the middle frame scoring early on a rebound. The Lumber Kings looked a little flustered but halfway thru turned it around liting the lamp 3 more times to go up 7-1 after 2!!!

3rd Period
hemasap

The Kings offense continued in the final frame as they out scored the Quebec Champions 4-2 for a final score of 11-3!!!

Kings play tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 against the Summerside Western Capitals

well I hpoe thee it right away.re is someone reads this from the fredpage because the results are really bad. With the computor age they should have them asap.GO KINGS GO

Old
04-21-2011, 05:27 AM
raz

Road to RBC! And then there were 12!

Doyle Cup

Vernon Vipers -2 vs Spruce Grove Saints -2

Anavet Cup

LaRonge Ice Wolves -2 vs Portage Terriers -2

Dudley Hewitt Cup

Wisconsin Wildernes-0-2, Soo Eagles-0-2, Huntsville Otters-2-0, Wellington Dukes-2-0

Fred Page Cup

Terrebonne Cobras-1-0, Summerside Western Capitals-0-1, Longueuil College Francais-0-1, Pembroke Lumber Kings-1-0

Old
04-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Jeff077

Not Central League but if anyone knows of anyone:

The Perth Blue Wings Junior Hockey club is accepting applications for the position of Coach and GM for 2011/2012 EOJHL season. This will be a dual role.
All applications can be sent to Jeff Snow @ snowy077@hotmail.com
For further information you can contact him at 613-326-0482.
Applications must be in by no later than May 9th.
Only people receiving an interview will be contacted.

Closed Thread