Grizzlies owner blasts Stars

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 500
Grizzlies owner blasts Stars

Utah Grizzlies co-owner David Elmore expects to get his day in court, but he is already taking his case to the media. Elmore admits he owes the Stars $450,000, but he says he refuses to pay.

"I told them, basically, to go pound sand," Elmore told the Salt Lake Tribune.

The Grizzlies are suing the Stars for what they call a breach of contract. They filed their suit earlier this month in Dallas Civil court.

"We felt we bargained for something and we didn't get what we bargained for," Elmore told the Tribune. "If there was nothing specific in our contract, that would be one thing. But the language, in effect, said they were going to send more than just players and a coach.One of the reasons we picked Dallas [is because] they won the Stanley Cup and we believed they were interested in developing a farm team.

"I was reluctant to do this. I would have gladly paid them if they had sent good players. It's just not fair to me, but to the fans."

The Stars say they plan on suing the Grizzlies for the $450,000.

Old
05-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Not sure what he wanted. Hay sucked as a coach, not sure whose hire and the goalies were inexperienced. Maybe guys like Hawgood could have been resigned but everyone knew the stars lacked offensive minded NA prospects.

Closed Thread