HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 11: 360 HF Flyers Team: You Can't Do That (Part V)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2010, 01:20 PM
  #351
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I agree with you about that, however I have been playing this game since 08, I SHOULDNT be as bad as I am. I am literally hurting the offense. When Harv and JSTAFF are together on offense, I either get lost positionally, mess up the few times I even get the puck, or fail to bury my opportunities. I either need to find a role fast, or improve enough that I am not a liability, because right now, I feel like I am doing way more harm then good.

Basically, I am not ENJOYING playing this game as much as I used to.

I know Harv and Jevon turn over the puck a lot, I watch it happen, and I understand that happens when trying to setup plays, but I literally turn over the puck almost EVERY time I touch it.
From the short amount of time that I have watched you all play I have noticed that the defense is not involved enough in the offensive flow. Often times it becomes a "watch Jstaff dangle through everyone and hope someone goes open for a one-timer at the post" or he will shoot a wrister when he gets to the slot. Teams seem to bunch up down low alot as they adapt to this style of offense. As a team as a whole we could benefit alot from adding a new dynamic to the offense such as involving the defense in cycling, utilizing the area behind the net, etc.

I think with Harv and Jstaff as the primary puck handlers in the offensive zone the other offwing would preferably be a power forward who stays around the net and attempts to screen and deflect for the defense (assuming they become more involved) and be the primary forechecker and behind the net player with good checking, hand-eye, puck control, balance and agility.

That's just me, though.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 01:21 PM
  #352
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
EJ, dont stop playing.

Also, you just need to stop following the puck around with your eyes. Its getting kinda clear that your getting lost with what your looking at. Focus on your guy away from the puck, and dont just watch the traffic skate around the puck. Stay on the right side of the ice basically always. Also, you just need to calm down when the pucks on your stick, and learn how to hold the puck out to avoid poke checks. its always a good play to dump it, but when all you really need to do is just think pass asap. You should get better.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 01:24 PM
  #353
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
From the short amount of time that I have watched you all play I have noticed that the defense is not involved enough in the offensive flow. Often times it becomes a "watch Jstaff dangle through everyone and hope someone goes open for a one-timer at the post" or he will shoot a wrister when he gets to the slot. Teams seem to bunch up down low alot as they adapt to this style of offense. As a team as a whole we could benefit alot from adding a new dynamic to the offense such as involving the defense in cycling, utilizing the area behind the net, etc.

I think with Harv and Jstaff as the primary puck handlers in the offensive zone the other offwing would preferably be a power forward who stays around the net and attempts to screen and deflect for the defense (assuming they become more involved) and be the primary forechecker and behind the net player with good checking, hand-eye, puck control, balance and agility.

That's just me, though.
That's very much the role I had last year. I was basically Mike Knuble. However, this year defensemen can push me out of the way when I stand in front of the net and the cross crease has been nerfed to hell.

I have no issue going from playmaker to powerforward and trying to be in front of the net again, but this year that role seems ineffective.

I will give your suggestion a try. I am no dangler anyway, so 90 deking is in many ways lost on me since I suck and hardly ever deke regardless.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 01:53 PM
  #354
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
That's very much the role I had last year. I was basically Mike Knuble. However, this year defensemen can push me out of the way when I stand in front of the net and the cross crease has been nerfed to hell.

I have no issue going from playmaker to powerforward and trying to be in front of the net again, but this year that role seems ineffective.

I will give your suggestion a try. I am no dangler anyway, so 90 deking is in many ways lost on me since I suck and hardly ever deke regardless.
Well what I suggested was a team dynamic adjustment coupled with your role change, if the offensive flow stays static then a power forward role is pretty useless on the team, unless you can become a pretty amazing forechecker with board play.

The point and behind the net aren't utilized enough to warrant a big, slow guy who can't keep up with the pace of play, imo.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:09 PM
  #355
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 6,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Well what I suggested was a team dynamic adjustment coupled with your role change, if the offensive flow stays static then a power forward role is pretty useless on the team, unless you can become a pretty amazing forechecker with board play.

The point and behind the net aren't utilized enough to warrant a big, slow guy who can't keep up with the pace of play, imo.
I'm not sure what style you guys play but dump and chase the two way forward is very effective. The defensive attributes, coupled with the endurance boost make him a forechecking/backchecking machine.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:19 PM
  #356
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I'm not sure what style you guys play but dump and chase the two way forward is very effective. The defensive attributes, coupled with the endurance boost make him a forechecking/backchecking machine.
Does endurance affect normal skating or just the usage of hustle?

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:22 PM
  #357
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Does endurance affect normal skating or just the usage of hustle?
I believe both. By the end of the game, my guy looks and feels absolutely gassed. If endurance keeps him going at top speed longer, then it may be worth boosting endurance.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:24 PM
  #358
ihatebraydenschenn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SunnyvaleTrailerPark
Country: Canada
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
Do you guys need a defensemen?

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 02:36 PM
  #359
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Do you guys need a defensemen?
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that those Irish guys still have their panties in a bunch.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 03:13 PM
  #360
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper
 
The Cheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Guilford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,904
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
well shoot. how do I reset my online char so I can redo my tallents then?

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 03:15 PM
  #361
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Argh, still two more days till i can play. ****s sake.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 03:30 PM
  #362
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Popinski View Post
well shoot. how do I reset my online char so I can redo my tallents then?
Go to edit attributes and hit x to change the player type of your skater. You can even change it to the same type you already are, it will still reset your points.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 04:17 PM
  #363
phlacheesesteak
Registered User
 
phlacheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
i sent a message out to a couple of you guys on xbox the other night. i go by the name druzus on there. Ive got about 100 points mainly as a offensive D man in ~75 drop in games and less that 10 club games with another club. I can play anywhere on the ice besides goalie, really... so if you guys need a specific player type lemme know. send me an invite and well play a few games to see if any of us mesh. ill be on a lot tomorrow night and then again all weekend.

thanks,

GT: druzus

phlacheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 07:05 PM
  #364
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
EJ, seriously, the games been out just over a week. Your going to get better. The game is different in a lot of ways from 2009. I think its more of a jump than 08-09, where most of us didnt miss a beat. I have problems with the passing, but I feel like i get better every game. Weather the storm (harv), and just work at it.

EDIT: No games for me tonight, since Im on call.

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 07:47 PM
  #365
DjsIzzy
Registered User
 
DjsIzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DjsIzzy
Is anyone going to be up for getting some games Saturday during the morning/afternoon? I'll be on this weekend until I go out of town next week too.

DjsIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:36 AM
  #366
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
Temple plays at 12 on Saturday so maybe earlyt morning?

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:08 PM
  #367
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Temple plays at 12 on Saturday so maybe earlyt morning?
Are u going or watching it on TV?

Can you even watch it on tv? I don't know. lol.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 02:02 PM
  #368
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
Its another home game.....

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 06:04 PM
  #369
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Its another home game.....
Hence I asked if you were going.

However, now I realize how dumb that question is since you can jump on the broad street line and get into the game for free anyway.

Anyway, I cant go, so can I watch the game online or on tv?


Last edited by IrishSniper87: 09-16-2010 at 06:29 PM.
IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:20 AM
  #370
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
I'm not sure if its on tv or not. Its a pretty good game so it has a chance.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:44 AM
  #371
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I'm not sure if its on tv or not. Its a pretty good game so it has a chance.
Temple vs UConn. Nice.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 01:02 PM
  #372
billandsebastian
Registered User
 
billandsebastian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brighton
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
If anyone's looking for some weeknight games, I'm usually on 3 or 4 nights a week. Gamertag: billnsebastian. Probably not good enough for your team, but if you're ever short a defensive D-man, I'm happy to fill in.

billandsebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 04:59 PM
  #373
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
way hey, our team is off to a 12-1-1 start ,

Our uniform is easily the best in the league. Lets just say it's a mixture of colours

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 11:40 AM
  #374
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
The new tuner set ****ing blows.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2010, 02:42 PM
  #375
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
The new tuner set ****ing blows.
agreed. gamebreaking in fact

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.