HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whalers Fan Fest

Old
08-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Joe McGrath

vCash: 500
Whalers Fan Fest

I apologize if this isn't really the appropriate venue for a question like this but I couldn't figure a much better one: Is anyone going to the Whalers Fan Fest this weekend in East Hartford? I'll be there to see Ron Francis and what crazy Howard Baldwin has cooking. Just wondering if any other Whaler fans on the board would be attending.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:19 PM
bleedgreen

my dad sent me an email teasing me if i was coming. to be honest if he had sent it a few weeks ago i wouldve gone!

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 03:14 PM
The Sneak

I'm curious how the Carolina based Hurricanes fan feels about this retro love for the Whalers. Do you feel it detracts from or insults the Carolina franchise? I see where EA sports has offered the use of Jet, Nordique, North Star and Whaler logos in their latest release.

What is the vibe in Cane Country?

The Sneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 03:20 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
I'm curious how the Carolina based Hurricanes fan feels about this retro love for the Whalers. Do you feel it detracts from or insults the Carolina franchise? I see where EA sports has offered the use of Jet, Nordique, North Star and Whaler logos in their latest release.

What is the vibe in Cane Country?
Most of us are fine with it I'd say. The only problem is when people take shots at this market when trying to promote the Whale but that doesn't happen all that much. But the Whalers getting a lot of love is if anything a good thing for us as it's convincing a lot of the newish fans here to look up the history of the team before they moved here rather then take the dismissive attitude that some had. Then again I was a Whaler fan growing up with a bit of an inclination towards Pittsburgh when they had Francis. Frankly I'd love to see Hartford get a team back in the next round of expansion once the economy has stabilized. Even better would be if they scheduled the Canes against the Whalers in Hartford as the opening night of that season.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote