HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

College Football

Old
12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I think Arizona was in the NFC East for a couple of seasons werent they? but yeah you had Dallas in the East and Atlanta in the NFC West for a long time before they switched to 4 divisions.
They were.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 10:00 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
Arizona was in the NFC East because they didn't realign when they moved from St. Louis. The Saints and Falcons (and Panthers) were in the NFC West so that the NFC Central rivalries didn't get disturbed.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Mr Oysterhead

ASU-UA tonight on ESPN at 8 eastern. If the Devils come out on top, I'll buy every one of you a beer. Fired up about this game, real good vibe going around with the players now after the QB change.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Mr Oysterhead

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5875594

You see this, UYA?

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:02 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
God damn it UConn.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:12 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
I wish that UNH/Bethune-Cookman game was on TV today. that was a toal ass kicking. Especially in the 2nd half. Delaware is going to be a big time challenge.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:20 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
I wish that UNH/Bethune-Cookman game was on TV today. that was a toal ass kicking. Especially in the 2nd half. Delaware is going to be a big time challenge.
Pat Devlin says WHAT!!!. Hes the man

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 01:36 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
Pat Devlin says WHAT!!!. Hes the man
UNH has proven it can win and compete on the road. They have had some big road wins this year. It is going to be a very tough game without a doubt. Has the schedule been released yet? heard it could be a Friday night game.

Old
12-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
UNH has proven it can win and compete on the road. They have had some big road wins this year. It is going to be a very tough game without a doubt. Has the schedule been released yet? heard it could be a Friday night game.
I believe it is Friday night

The winner of that game and the Nova/Appy St. game should cruise to the finals. They're really the defacto national semis.

Arthur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 03:31 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1487
Quote:
I think Arizona was in the NFC East for a couple of seasons werent they? but yeah you had Dallas in the East and Atlanta in the NFC West for a long time before they switched to 4 divisions.
The best example has to be the expansion Vancouver Canucks, in the NHL East.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I'm back from the ACC championship. That was a metric boatload of fun. I love Tyrod Taylor.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm back from the ACC championship. That was a metric boatload of fun. I love Tyrod Taylor.
I don't know if Taylor is going to make a career out of being a pro, but he at least deserves to be drafted.

Old
12-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't know if Taylor is going to make a career out of being a pro, but he at least deserves to be drafted.
I spent the last three years and half of this season saying he wouldn't make it in the NFL, but now I think he could make some waves. He isn't the kind of player who'd be good coming out the gate though, I think he'd be one of those guys who'd continually improve over time until he was competent. I see him being a backup somewhere for a few seasons before getting a shot, but I'm not willing to say he's going to be a superstar. I think it'll all depend on how much more he can improve his passing game, he still throws some really soft balls occasionally.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 10:05 PM
97FlyersKing18

I just got Rose Bowl Tickets for Wisconsin vs. TCU. It is going to be amazing, my crew just got enough tickets for everyone. It will be a lot of fun, hopefully the game is memorable.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 01:16 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Oklahoma is going to do bad, bad things to UCONN.

Old
12-06-2010, 05:44 AM
FlyersFanatic

Quote:
Yes it is gonna be ugly.

As a Notre Dame fan I'm pretty excited about them playing Miami in the sun bowl. In my opinion there are a lot of intriguing non bcs bowl games this year

FlyersFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 07:19 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
I just got Rose Bowl Tickets for Wisconsin vs. TCU. It is going to be amazing, my crew just got enough tickets for everyone. It will be a lot of fun, hopefully the game is memorable.
Awesome. That is going to be a great game. I gotta say though, I don't like that the Rose Bowl isn't always Pac-10 vs. Big 10 anymore. Not that TCU doesn't deserve a BCS bowl or anything like that, I just wish they were in the Sugar Bowl or something else.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 09:04 AM
jb**

no bowl game for temple, thats disappointing. When miami won the mac i thougt they might be in trouble. A little suprised since temple did beat 2 bowl teams in army and ucon, dont think toledo beat anyone of note as the made it ahead of temple.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
97FlyersKing18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Awesome. That is going to be a great game. I gotta say though, I don't like that the Rose Bowl isn't always Pac-10 vs. Big 10 anymore. Not that TCU doesn't deserve a BCS bowl or anything like that, I just wish they were in the Sugar Bowl or something else.
Yea, to me it seems like it is almost a lose lose for the Badgers. If Wisconsin wins, everyone will be like "Oh they should have won anyways and should have rocked them by more" and if Wisconsin loses, they are the first team to lose to a lesser squad in a bowl game. I would rather have it be Wisconsin-Stanford as a traditionalist, but I still think the game will be awesome. Both teams average 43.33 points per game (granted Wisconsin put up 83, 48 and 70 against legitimate Big 10 competition). I think TCU has a very stout defense, but I do not see them being able to handle Wisconsin's top rated offensive line nor do I see them being able to contain J.J. Watt rushing off the edge.

I honestly feel that the Badgers could take on any team (Auburn or Oregon) and give them a run for their money based on their efficient QB play, dominating running game (3 1,000 yard rushers with 13+ TDs) and rock solid front 7 on defense. Against the Ducks, the Badgers would hold the ball enough to cut down Oregon's possessions then hit them with a play action pass to the best tight end in NCAA, Lance Kendricks.

Even if the Badgers dissapoint, and lose to TCU, I will still have a great time in the days before and after the game.

Old
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
no bowl game for temple, thats disappointing. When miami won the mac i thougt they might be in trouble. A little suprised since temple did beat 2 bowl teams in army and ucon, dont think toledo beat anyone of note as the made it ahead of temple.
Temple has one of the worst fan bases in FBS, and don't buy tickets. 8 wins and being left out sucks, but such is life in the MAC.

Old
12-06-2010, 09:23 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
Yea, to me it seems like it is almost a lose lose for the Badgers. If Wisconsin wins, everyone will be like "Oh they should have won anyways and should have rocked them by more" and if Wisconsin loses, they are the first team to lose to a lesser squad in a bowl game. I would rather have it be Wisconsin-Stanford as a traditionalist, but I still think the game will be awesome. Both teams average 43.33 points per game (granted Wisconsin put up 83, 48 and 70 against legitimate Big 10 competition). I think TCU has a very stout defense, but I do not see them being able to handle Wisconsin's top rated offensive line nor do I see them being able to contain J.J. Watt rushing off the edge.

I think it would more of a black eye if Oklahoma loses to UConn than Wisconsin losing to TCU.

Old
12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
97FlyersKing18

Yea, sorry about that GKJ, I forgot that it took massive amounts of trickeration for BSU to beat Oklahoma in the closing seconds. I don't really see TCU pulling those type of stunts/them working against Wisconsin.

Old
12-06-2010, 09:45 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
How on earth did UCONN get an invite to a major bowl? And, yes, they will get destroyed by the Sooners.

I'm still not understanding how Temple didn't get a nod when the likes of Pitt (8-6), Kentucky (6-6), Middle Tennessee (6-6), Northwestern (7-5), Texas Tech (7-5) and Georgia (6-6) did.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 09:56 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Temple has one of the worst fan bases in FBS, and don't buy tickets. 8 wins and being left out sucks, but such is life in the MAC.
they were expected to win the MAC though. They should have had a bowl over toldeo and arguably miami, even though they lost to them. They will never be a decent draw fan wise ever imo. Being in the inter city is almost a death sentence. They wont have there own stadium and playing at the linc is brutal.

speaking of which, i love that idaho vandals staduim, or whatever it is. To lazt to look but how many people does ti hold?

Old
12-06-2010, 09:59 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
How on earth did UCONN get an invite to a major bowl? And, yes, they will get destroyed by the Sooners.

I'm still not understanding how Temple didn't get a nod when the likes of Pitt (8-6), Kentucky (6-6), Middle Tennessee (6-6), Northwestern (7-5), Texas Tech (7-5) and Georgia (6-6) did.
all have name recognition and have much better fan bases by a mile. All played better teams. All with the exception of middle tenn. That is baffling but i guyess their conf has a tie in to whatever bowl they are playing in.