HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wild need draft picks...

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2004, 05:19 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Wild need draft picks...

Freaking Risebrough...

Yeah what the title said...

Up for trade:

12th overall (move down and pick up another draft pick)
Travis Roche (uhhh if we could get a 7th or 8th for him I would dance)
Eric Reitz (tough defensive defenseman, probably a bottom 4 defenseman, again anything past the 5th I would be happy with)
Mikko Koivu (Just throwing his name out there)
Adam Courchaine
Mathieu Melanson (Future's FOR GOD SAKES FUTURES!)
Matt Foy
Filip Kuba
Dan Cavanaugh (Checking forward...yeah like he has any value)

And then we will combine any uhhh minor league forward for trade...

Old
05-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Filip Kuba might draw attention from the Stars without about 4 defenseman likely leaving, if not more. What's his value though? A 3rd?

Old
05-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Jasper17

You can have the Caps 27th and 30th for the 12th

Old
05-29-2004, 05:28 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Kuba I would say is a 2nd...Might balance it out with trade picks...

How the hell does Caps have the 27th and the 30th? I thought they had like the 22nd and the 26th or something?

Old
05-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Kuba I would say is a 2nd...Might balance it out with trade picks...
Only 2nd the Stars have is CLB's, and that one is a bit too high for my likings. Though, iirc, the Stars will also receive Derian Hatcher's compensation pick, and might recieve a same pick for not signing Martin Vagner, which is still a possibility. So all in all, we might end up with three 2nd round picks after all, I wouldn't mind sending one of those later 2nd's for Filip.

Old
05-29-2004, 05:36 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
I would do it...The Wild need depth and I think Michalek or Burns can take over for Kuba...

Old
05-29-2004, 05:46 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
i'd easily offer a 2nd for kuba imo...

i'd also have interest in courchaine and foy... foy in colorado could work, he's still interesting imo

Old
05-29-2004, 05:50 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Yep...Oh and Veilleux Want him Go Kim Johnsson?

Old
05-29-2004, 06:30 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Any offers for the 7th pick? remember, its something Keenan has to like.

Old
05-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
How the hell does Caps have the 27th and the 30th? I thought they had like the 22nd and the 26th or something?
The Caps have the 26th/27th (26th if Calgary wins the Cup; 27th if Tampa Bay wins), the 29th overall pick, the 33rd overall pick, and the 57th overall pick.

Oh, and the first overall pick, but that one's probably not going to be shopped. The others will certainly be shopped in an effort to move up.

Last edited by Drake1588: 05-29-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old
05-29-2004, 07:45 PM
borro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
You can have the Caps 27th and 30th for the 12th
No you could get to 8 or 9 with those 2. For #12 you are talking #29 & #33. Second round pick is kind of a standard to move up outside the top10. The only way you make that deal is if Thelen is at 8 or 9. That's not saying theams there would do that deal. Im sure LA would do that if Schwarz is gone.

Old
05-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
No you could get to 8 or 9 with those 2. For #12 you are talking #29 & #33. Second round pick is kind of a standard to move up outside the top10. The only way you make that deal is if Thelen is at 8 or 9. That's not saying theams there would do that deal. Im sure LA would do that if Schwarz is gone.
Not in this draft my friend. Teams are going to want more this year than years past because the talent isn't there.

You could make an argument that the Caps two late first round picks are basically as good as 2 high 2nd round picks in other drafts.

I don't see any team in the top ten willing to trade down to get 2 late 1st rounders.

I think the Highest the Caps could go with a package of there 2 late 1st's is the 11th spot currently occupied by LA. And they will only trade if Schwarz is gone like you said.

Old
05-29-2004, 08:51 PM
borro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
Not in this draft my friend. Teams are going to want more this year than years past because the talent isn't there.

You could make an argument that the Caps two late first round picks are basically as good as 2 high 2nd round picks in other drafts.

I don't see any team in the top ten willing to trade down to get 2 late 1st rounders.

I think the Highest the Caps could go with a package of there 2 late 1st's is the 11th spot currently occupied by LA. And they will only trade if Schwarz is gone like you said.
It wouldnt surprise me if Carolina went for that. i'd love to get Thelen, but he might be an outside chance this late.

Old
05-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
It wouldnt surprise me if Carolina went for that. i'd love to get Thelen, but he might be an outside chance this late.
I think Thelen would be around at 8, in fact I think that is where he will be taken.

I am not sure though if two division rivals would be interested in making a deal with each other.

Old
05-29-2004, 10:04 PM
FF de Mars

I'd like Montreal to get Mikko Koivu, not only for marketing purposes, but I realy believe that he could blosom under Claude Julien, who is very good with developing prospects, and Saku, his bro, would help him a lot too.

My proposal would be #18 and Matt Higgins for Mikko Koivu and a good enough prospect or player, depending on Higgins trade value, and when I mean good enough prospect or player, I do not mean crap, I mean something valuable (but I don't know the wild enough to throw names): BG refused the O'Neal deal because he did not wanted to let go Higgins. I know Montreal fans will kill me for that proposal, but I doubt Minny would be willing to trade Mikko Koivu for garbage, he's the guy picked right before Komisarek, and he's basically a bigger version of Higgins.

Any thoughs? Any counter proposal?

Last edited by FF de Mars: 05-29-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Old
05-29-2004, 10:08 PM
borro

Quote:
Yep...Oh and Veilleux Want him Go Kim Johnsson?
Wildman. I hear the Wild website is abuzz that they want O'Neill at 12. True?

Old
05-29-2004, 10:35 PM
RyanWhite53

Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars
I'd like Montreal to get Mikko Koivu, not only for marketing purposes, but I realy believe that he could blosom under Claude Julien, who is very good with developing prospects, and Saku, his bro, would help him a lot too.

My proposal would be #18 and Matt Higgins for Mikko Koivu and a good enough prospect or player, depending on Higgins trade value, and when I mean good enough prospect or player, I do not mean crap, I mean something valuable (but I don't know the wild enough to throw names): BG refused the O'Neal deal because he did not wanted to let go Higgins. I know Montreal fans will kill me for that proposal, but I doubt Minny would be willing to trade Mikko Koivu for garbage, he's the guy picked right before Komisarek, and he's basically a bigger version of Higgins.

Any thoughs? Any counter proposal?

I assume you are talking about Chris Higgins, since he haven't owned Matt Higgins' rights since about the late 90's.

18th and Higgins is a crazy overpayment for Koivu. First of all, Higgins has developed way more than Koivu. Not only that, I don't think any team in the league would trade the 18th overall for Koivu. At this point, he is worth 25th overall or later, at most.

So to sum up.

Higgins > Koivu
and
18th > Koivu

Higgins and 18th >>> Koivu.

I notice that you said Minnesota needs to add something. To even this deal out that "something" would have to be no less than Pierre-Marc Bouchard.

Old
05-29-2004, 10:46 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
I assume you are talking about Chris Higgins, since he haven't owned Matt Higgins' rights since about the late 90's.

18th and Higgins is a crazy overpayment for Koivu. First of all, Higgins has developed way more than Koivu. Not only that, I don't think any team in the league would trade the 18th overall for Koivu. At this point, he is worth 25th overall or later, at most.

So to sum up.

Higgins > Koivu
and
18th > Koivu

I notice that you said Minnesota needs to add something. To even this deal out that "something" would have to be no less than Pierre-Marc Bouchard.
I was aware that my proposal was overpayment, that is why I said that the wild would need to give up something significant. But, I didn't think that our 1st rounder could fetch Mikko Koivu. I think your streching it, aren't you? That is why I added Higgins. Anyone agree with The Franchise? I mean I'd swap our first rounder for Mikko Koivu any day...

Old
05-29-2004, 10:51 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise

So to sum up.

Higgins > Koivu
and
18th > Koivu

Also, I'd trade PM Bouchard and Mikko Koivu for #18 and Higgins, but I doubt that Minny fans would. I don't care if PM Bouchard is small: he's very talented and is a quebecer, which adds to it, also... I'd to love see him fill the hole on our second line... Ahhhh man, look what you've done to me... I'm in a wet dream now... lol...

Old
05-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Mizral

I would happily move a prospect like Fedorov or Reid, or a 5th round pick or thereabouts, for Adam Couchraine.

I'd also flip the Canucks 1st & several other peices for the Wild 1st too... if we weren't in the same damn division!

Old
05-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Any interest in a guy like Cammalleri?

AM is never going to play that guy where he needs to play, on a 2nd line.

He's a decent prospect although I doubt if he got dealt it'd be to a conference rival. But

Any other prospects on the Kings interest you?

Old
05-30-2004, 12:18 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
I would love to trade Koivu to the Kings for SOMETHING. I don't know what? A 1st in 2005?

Sorry I'll respond when I have more time.

Old
05-30-2004, 12:30 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
I would love to trade Koivu to the Kings for SOMETHING. I don't know what? A 1st in 2005?

Sorry I'll respond when I have more time.
Would you trade Koivu to Montreal for a first in 2004?

Old
05-30-2004, 01:46 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Probably not since it's a weak draft and such a HUGE drop from where the Wild picked him up and the fact that he is totally unknown but still considered a big prospect.

Old
05-30-2004, 02:22 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Probably not since it's a weak draft and such a HUGE drop from where the Wild picked him up and the fact that he is totally unknown but still considered a big prospect.
Makes sense. Would #18 + Hainsey or Hossa be enough?

Closed Thread