HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

No Score (canadians Read)

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2004, 08:32 PM
SabresFan44

vCash: 500
No Score (canadians Read)

This is for anyone watching Game 3 on CBC....

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES ANYONE NOTICE THAT THIS SO CALLED ANNOUNCER BOB COLE SAYS THAT THERE IS NO SCORE EVERY 2 SECONDS!
I can't listen to a thing without hearing him say "NO SCORE" and what are with those damn flame horns in the crowd. Nobody else has those but calgary fans...WHY? This isn't a junior game its the NHL. Stick to the towels and get those annoying horns outta here.

But back to Cole...RETIRE NOW. Don't think he does this? Well in Game 4 if it's scoreless in the 1st count and he'll say it atleast 10 times. He did 11 in tonights first period?

Do i have a lot of time on my hands....?
No, but it's hard to watch the game when he's doing all these annoying things...

GO TAMPA
Canadian Count-19

Flames canadian count-15

Where's ABC ill look for that.....

Old
05-29-2004, 08:37 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

I've been thinking Bob Cole should retire for years... but to me he seems to be better lately than he's been in a long time. He's awake, he's getting names right consistently, he sounds like he's enjoying the games. Maybe he's eating better or getting more exercise or something, but in my opinion he's been better this playoffs than he's been in years.

Old
05-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFan44
This is for anyone watching Game 3 on CBC....

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES ANYONE NOTICE THAT THIS SO CALLED ANNOUNCER BOB COLE SAYS THAT THERE IS NO SCORE EVERY 2 SECONDS!
I can't listen to a thing without hearing him say "NO SCORE" and what are with those damn flame horns in the crowd. Nobody else has those but calgary fans...WHY? This isn't a junior game its the NHL. Stick to the towels and get those annoying horns outta here.

But back to Cole...RETIRE NOW. Don't think he does this? Well in Game 4 if it's scoreless in the 1st count and he'll say it atleast 10 times. He did 11 in tonights first period?

Do i have a lot of time on my hands....?
No, but it's hard to watch the game when he's doing all these annoying things...

GO TAMPA
Canadian Count-19

Flames canadian count-15

Where's ABC ill look for that.....
If it's 1-0 Calgary after the first but no scoring in the second I predict he'll say 1-0 Calgary (or words to that effect) at least 10 times during the second, but you don't have to hear it if you turn your sound off.

Old
05-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Snakeeye

Harry Neale is CBC's Leafs play-by-play man. He barely knows the NAMES of the players on either team, so he has to fill the time somehow.

Thankfully, this is his last series before retirement.

Old
05-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Harry Neale is CBC's Leafs play-by-play man.
Neale does colour, Cole does play-by-play. And apparantly both are drawing rave reviews on HF this year.

Old
05-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Snakeeye

Whatever. I try to avoid both of them as much as possible.

I especially love repeated calls of "And Sundin coughs it up to the other team..."

Old
05-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Don't have much to say about Neale, but I couldn't agree more about those stupid horns. It seriously does sound like it's some kind of junior game with those things. The fans are loud enough in the dome, and it's packed. You don't need annoying horns to make noise! ::S

Old
05-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Snakeeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
Don't have much to say about Neale, but I couldn't agree more about those stupid horns. It seriously does sound like it's some kind of junior game with those things. The fans are loud enough in the dome, and it's packed. You don't need annoying horns to make noise! ::S
Anything that annoys you is great.

Horns, cowbells, whatever. Adds to the atmosphere.

Old
05-31-2004, 02:54 PM
chriss_co

bob cole calls ference as brad ference

my goodness!! and its not once or twice he's done it through the series either.. its Andrew Ference!!! sheesh...

Closed Thread