HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

2 games to watch

Old
08-25-2010, 09:48 AM
quesosauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
The day there is no room for a one-dimensional goon on an NHL roster is the day I stop following my favorite sport.
we are getting closer to that time, you better get ready

i cant wait until we can all stop wasting roster spots on people like Koci. I like a good hockey fight as much as the next guy, but the fighting can be done by guys who can actually skate and play defense (guys like lappy, mcleod, etc)

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 10:12 PM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
The day there is no room for a one-dimensional goon on an NHL roster is the day I stop following my favorite sport.
Fighting is useless in hockey.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 10:24 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fool View Post
Fighting is useless in hockey.
If fighting develops naturally from the play I think it adds to the flavor of the sport but when 2 goons are sent out to square off over a play that doesn't concern them it smacks of WWF (or WWE or whatever it is now.) I am not anti-fighting but I think it has become a spectacle that is pretty lame. When MBP got p*ssed off and went with Regehr last year that was hockey. When Koci squares off with some other 4 minute a night knuckle dragger I just tune out.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:42 PM
AyVee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
If fighting develops naturally from the play I think it adds to the flavor of the sport but when 2 goons are sent out to square off over a play that doesn't concern them it smacks of WWF (or WWE or whatever it is now.) I am not anti-fighting but I think it has become a spectacle that is pretty lame. When MBP got p*ssed off and went with Regehr last year that was hockey. When Koci squares off with some other 4 minute a night knuckle dragger I just tune out.
Agreed.
Fighting is arguably the biggest difference between Hockey and all other major sports, that they can let you fight if you so choose is what makes the sport so unique.
However, when it becomes such a common occurrence (as is the case with 2 goons squaring off over a play that doesn't concern them and ultimately has little to no influence on the game at all), then it kind of becomes useless.

AyVee is offline   Reply With Quote