HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Nyr

Old
08-13-2010, 01:10 PM
RESPECT THE SHIELD10

vCash: 500
Tor - Nyr

Ok. This is an incredibly crazy idea but...

To NYR
Mike Komisarek
Mikal Grabovski

To TOR
Wade Redden (to be waived)
Dan Girardi
WAS 2nd 2011
Matt Gilroy
Roman Horak(7.5D)

(Waiving Redden would have to happen)

Why TOR does this: To free cap space. Toronto gives up $7.4m in cap space and takes back $5m, however Gilroy has a two way contract and can be sent to the minors anytime.. They get a suitable #3 - 5 defensemen to fill Komisarek's roster spot as well as a 2nd round pick, and a high scoring prospect.

Why NYR does this: To free some cap space, as well as add some toughness to the backend.

RESPECT THE SHIELD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:13 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by RESPECT THE SHIELD10 View Post

To NYR
Mike Komisarek
Mikal Grabovski

To TOR
Dan Girardi
WAS 2nd 2011
Matt Gilroy
Roman Horak(7.5D)

Why TOR does this: To free cap space. Toronto gives up $7.4m in cap space and takes back $5m, however Gilroy has a two way contract and can be sent to the minors anytime.. They get a suitable #3 - 5 defensemen to fill Komisarek's roster spot as well as a 2nd round pick, and a high scoring prospect.

Why NYR does this: To free some cap space, as well as add some toughness to the backend.
So lemme get this straight.

The Leafs are going to pay Komisarek, Grabovski, and 26M to get a #3-5dman and a 5th round pick from a year ago?

Yea I'm gonna pass

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:19 PM
ocarina

Quote:

To NYR
Mike Komisarek
Mikal Grabovski

To TOR
Dan Girardi
WAS 2nd 2011
Matt Gilroy
Roman Horak(7.5D)

Honestly, as a Rangers fan I wouldn't do this. We can waive Redden ourselves and not take on another big contract like Komisarek. Plus, I'd prefer to keep Girardi and the 2nd rounder. Grabovski just isn't enticing enough.

Just a FYI, Gilroy is on a one way contract (though he can be sent down), and Horak is really a dime-a-dozen type prospect. I don't know why you'd want him.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:22 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

terrible for the leafs, just awful

we give up the 2 best players in the deal, take on the worst contract in hockey (maybe 2nd to huet) and get a 2nd and 2 dmen we dont need?

next time, at least throw in a forward plug

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:23 PM
RESPECT THE SHIELD10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
So lemme get this straight.

The Leafs are going to pay Komisarek, Grabovski, and 26M to get a #3-5dman and a 5th round pick from a year ago?

Yea I'm gonna pass
Komisarek played 34 games last season, his value decreased significantly, as well we'd be taking a player with a horrid contract. You would get a player capable of playing Komisarek's minutes for a whole season, free up around $4.15m - $2m depending on where Gilroy plays, get a 2nd round pick, as well as a prospect with great offensive skill (something your team/organization lacks).

BTW since when does the round a player is drafted in reflect their worth. I believe your precious D'Amigo was a 5th rounder as well was he not? Bozak wasn't even drafted, and Gunnarson was a 7th round pick.

Old
08-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
I've never used this before, but holy crap this is appropriate.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:25 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Komisarek played 34 games last season, his value decreased significantly, as well we'd be taking a player with a horrid contract. You would get a player capable of playing Komisarek's minutes for a whole season, free up around $4.15m - $2m depending on where Gilroy plays, get a 2nd round pick, as well as a prospect with great offensive skill (something your team/organization lacks).

BTW since when does the round a player is drafted in reflect their worth. I believe your precious D'Amigo was a 5th rounder as well was he not? Bozak wasn't even drafted, and Gunnarson was a 7th round pick.
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

The Rangers are taking a player with a horrid contract????????????????????

I am so lost right now I don't even know what's happening

Old
08-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Pacman22

Komi is overpayed but atleast hes solid(albeit sucked last year).Hopefully he picks it up or else i might consider this later..lol.Sorry but this is actually a joke!I dont want Wade Redden on my team specially with tht contract!Im pretty positive neither does burke

Pacman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:28 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:

To NYR
Mike Komisarek
Mikal Grabovski

To TOR
Dan Girardi
WAS 2nd 2011
Matt Gilroy
Roman Horak(7.5D)

as soon as i saw redden

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:

1st, I rank Stefanovich higher than Horak, and both are boom/bust types.

2nd, you mention the Leafs getting rid of a horrible contract (I disagree that either contracts are killer contracts, not great, but not terrible), but fail to mention the worst contract in the league being thrown back at us. Not to mention your beloved Gilroy, who was a massive flop and has lost as much, if not more, value since last summer than Komi.

Leafs don't touch this deal with a 10-ft pole

Quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:29 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman22 View Post
Komi is overpayed but atleast hes solid(albeit sucked last year).Hopefully he picks it up or else i might consider this later..lol.Sorry but this is actually a joke!I dont want Wade Redden on my team specially with tht contract!Im pretty positive neither does burke
You're really going out on a limb there

No but seriously. Redden has the worst contract in the league, bar none. The Rangers are not getting anything close to valuable back when they deal him away unless he's accompanied by Staal or similar.

Old
08-13-2010, 01:39 PM
RESPECT THE SHIELD10

: Redden plays very little into this deal. Toronto would waive him and his contract would not be a factor. He is simply a part of this so that the Rangers don't end up taking more cap than they can.

Right now, Komisarek's value is very close to Girardi's and a 2nd round pick more than fills the difference. Gilroy and Grabovski are similar in the fact that they are terribly overpayed but with Gilroy you'd be rid of him at the end of the season.

Old
08-13-2010, 01:43 PM
birddog*

Quote:

To NYR
Mike Komisarek
Mikal Grabovski

To TOR
Dan Girardi
WAS 2nd 2011
Matt Gilroy
Roman Horak(7.5D)

Toronto wouldn't take that package for nothing - and you expect them to give you two decent players - take a hike rangers fan

how bout jeff finger for marc staal and a 7.5D - friggin D!

I dare ALL HF posters to find a worse prosal than this.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:44 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
: Redden plays very little into this deal. Toronto would waive him and his contract would not be a factor. He is simply a part of this so that the Rangers don't end up taking more cap than they can.

Right now, Komisarek's value is very close to Girardi's and a 2nd round pick more than fills the difference. Gilroy and Grabovski are similar in the fact that they are terribly overpayed but with Gilroy you'd be rid of him at the end of the season.

Okay 1st. Grabovski makes 2.9M and he was on pace for nearly 50 points last year. That's not terribly overpaid. Is he on an amazing contract? No. But his cap hit isn't that far out of line with his performance. Maybe .5M too high.

2nd. Wade Redden would eat up the entire 10% cushion the Leafs have, as well as an additional 500K for every single season. He would destroy their off season flexibility.

3rd. Wade Redden is due $26M over the next 4 years. That's a lot of money to pay considering you just said the rest of the trade is about even.

4th. Your GM was an idiot when he signed Redden, Gomez and Drury. You managed to get rid of Gomez but you're SOL with the other two. Enjoy it.

Edit: And 5th. Gilroy isn't on a 2 way contract.

Old
08-13-2010, 01:54 PM
grabo84

The Leafs have money, but they aren't going to bury your problems for the fun of it.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Rangers fan here. That's uuuuuuuuuugly.

Listen, in the real world (where players who have proven themselves at the NHL level matter, even if they've underperformed for a year or are slightly overpaid) that's about a fair deal without Redden involved. Include a Redden dump and it's terrible.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
RESPECT THE SHIELD10

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Toronto wouldn't take that package for nothing - and you expect them to give you two decent players - take a hike rangers fan

how bout jeff finger for marc staal and a 7.5D - friggin D!

I dare ALL HF posters to find a worse prosal than this.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=745030

This one was pretty bad *******.

Old
08-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Thats just an ugly trade.

You look at that trade and its all doom and gloom.

Spazmatic Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 02:39 PM
wayne98

ya horrible trade..... 40 games of komi is better than 82 games of redden...

wayne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 02:44 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne98 View Post
ya horrible trade..... 40 games of komi is better than 82 games of redden...
0 games of Komi is better than 82 games of Redden

Old
08-13-2010, 03:15 PM
wayne98

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
0 games of Komi is better than 82 games of Redden
good point lol

wayne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 03:25 PM
pwoz

I think I would make that trade because the Rangers win IMO. Girardi can play lots of minutes and blocks tons of shots, but Komi has lots of grit and Redden would be GONE!.

Grabovski is a decent 2nd/3rd liner and only under contract for 2 years. Gilroy... meh he's better off as a forward than D.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 03:41 PM
ThisYearsModel

Pretty funny stuff. The Rangers would never do this, as they can simply waive Redden to Hartford. Why would they take Komisarek and deal Girardi when Komisarek is overpaid and often resembles a pylon? Of course, to Leaf fans he is Larry Robinson reincarnated. Redden will be a member of the Hartford Wolf Pack, the Rangers will still have Girardi and will have an additional $6.5MM of cap space.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 05:03 PM
gurisleafs

so we give up grabs and komi for new yorks spare parts?

gurisleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 05:16 PM
sickest flow bro

I'll give you Komisarek for Dubinski and Redden.

With Redden and Finger on the Marlies they may be over the salary cap (if they had one)

sickest flow bro is offline   Reply With Quote