HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Swedish's prospects expectation in NHL this season.

Old
08-15-2010, 02:19 AM
Komarov47

vCash: 500
Swedish's prospects expectation in NHL this season.

I wanted to know what everyone expected from the different newcomer swedish prospects in NHL this season, here's mine :

- Fredrik Pettersson (Atlanta)
I think he will have a shot with the Thrashers this season,after a really good season with Frolunda, he can be a surprise with Atlanta, even more with the White's trade who cleared some space for Pettersson.

- Henrik Karlsson (Calgary)
He will be the #2 in Calgary, and will learn with Kiprussoff which is great for him. I think he will see 15/20 games, as Kiprussoff is know for playing around 60/70 games per season. He is the futur of the Flames.

- Mathis Olimb (Chicago)
Ok not a swedish guy, but he came from SEL ! Anyway, his injury couldn't be at a worst time for himn i think he had a good chance to crack the lineup, but will defenitely be a player to watch in AHL before see maybe several stints with the Blackhawks.

- Jonas Holos (Colorado)
ok again not a swedish guy, i think he will need a full AHL season to evolve.

- Gustaff Wesslau (Columbus)
Wesslau is a top goalie prospect, if Mason struggles again this season, i hope Wesslau will have a shot.

- Philip Larsen (Dallas)
Another foreigner coming from SEL, Larsen will have to battle for a spot with the Stars, he can bring what Dallas lack of, speed and puck moving ability. With the coming of Blindenbacher, i think Larsen's spot isn't safe anymore, so it will be between Larsen-Woywitka-Lukowich for the 6th defenseman.

- Joakim Andersson (Detroit)
He will play in AHL this season, knowing how Detroit developp their prospects, Andersson will play a full season in AHL, maybe two, but i think it's the best for him to play in Detroit, with so many swedish guys, he can't be nothing bu the best for Andersson, i expect him to be a blast with Grand Rapids.

- Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson (Edmonton)
Well what can be said about MPS? He will be a new Zetterberg for me, i don't expect him to score 30 goals and make 40 assists right in his first season, but the world will defenitely see what MPS can bring and will have an impact right on the Oilers offense.

- Linus Omark (Edmonton)
I don't know what to think. Omark makes me think of another talented player Rob Schremp, who's incredibly gifted with soft hands but never achieve to be a full time NHL-er. I think Omark have what it takes to stay in this league, but he will have to learn to be a full two-way player, cause his defense is very poor.

- Jacob Markstrom (Florida)
He is nothing more than the next #1 starter for Florida as soon as Vokoun is left. Markstrom is huge, big, young, he will be great in AHL, i hope we will see him soon with a Panthers jersey.

- Johan Fransson (L.A)
I think he have a safe spot with LA, if he wouldn't he would probably went to KHL. I know he have some good puck moving ability, but his play is a bit risky, while Doughty and Johnson do it better than him, i don't think Fransson will have a big impact on the Kings defense, maybe a 6th/7th d-man.

- Andreas Engvist (Montreal)
Will he have a real shot with the Habs? Not sure, does he wants to play in AHL? Not sure either. Depending on what's happen this season, i don't think Engvist career is in North America.

- Linus Klasen (Nashville)
Klasen is skilled for sure, but can he plays with Nashville this season? I think with Kostytsyn coming, his spot was out, Klasen may will spend some times in AHL to prove what he can do at the NA level.

- Anders Lindback (Nashville)
If Nashville doesn't sign Theodore like it was rumored several days ago, Lindback will be the backup in Nashville. The Preds just signed Chet Pickard who is highly hyped in Nashville and may be the future #1, so let's see what Lindback can do whether in NHL or AHL.

- Mattias Tedenby (New Jersey)
Tedenby is gifted, no question about it, but i think he will see some time in AHL, unless Kovalchuk isn't signed byt the Devils, he will have to wait in AHL. But he's defenitely the futur of the Devils.

- Jacob Josefson (New Jersey)
Unlike Tedenby, i think Josefson could make the team next season, his defensive play fits well with the Devils style of play.

- David Ullstrom (NY Islanders)
He's a good player, but the Islanders roster is full, but he will have a chance when injuries will hits some players.

- Mats Zuccarello-Aasen (NY Rangers)
He was the best players in SEL last season, can he do as well in NHL? The style of play is a lot more physical in NHL than in SEL, i think he will need some times to adapt his play, but he can be succesful a la St Louis.

- Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Phoenix)
I think his futur is in Arizona. He's got everything to be sucessfull in NHL. I know he will be back in Sweden if he doesn't make the team this year, but i think he will stick with the Yotes, OEL can be a #1 d-man.

- Mattias Modig (Pittsburgh)
He will be the #1 goalie in Wilkes-Barre, but with Fleury in the net in Pittsburgh for the next 10 years, he will have to leave somewhere else if he wants to stick in NA.

- Johan Harju (Tampa Bay)
I think he have a spot in the Lightnings roster. His contributions to the game will depends on which line he will play on. But he will play in NHL this season.

- Niklas Persson (Tampa Bay)
He will be a usefull 4th pairing forward, with a good defensive game. Right now he have a place with the Lightnings, but Tampa's shopping isn't finish yet, so Persson isn't sure to play in NHL next season. Wait and see.

- Eddie Lack (Vancouver)
Lack is a good goalie, but will have to fight with Weiman in Manitoba for the starter job, and with Luongo, the futur for him is elsewhere, ask Cory Schneider...

- Marcus Johansson (Washington)
Johansson will have a shot a the training camp to make the Caps, and i think he have all the tools to be the 3rd line center they are looking for, even with the signing of Belanger, Johansson will stick with the Caps.

- Anton Gustaffsson (Washington)
He will play in AHL, it's up to him to prove he is an nhl caliber player.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote