HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

note chris clark of Calgary

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2004, 11:14 PM
RGF

vCash: 500
note chris clark of Calgary

a prospect whose chances of the NHL were slim due to poor skating, now he has serious wheels. i would like to see ranger prospects who are borderline due to their skating be sent to power skating camps like clark was. (clark worked with a instructor in Boston for 3 months)

this is the kind of dedication we need from our players to turn this around quickly like calgary.

Old
05-29-2004, 11:52 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Good for Chris Clark?

I wonder how expensive that is, I bet he paid himself because he cares. If our prospects feel their skating is average and they want to pay to go, Im sure the organization would love that. I doubt the NYR will finance something like that however.

Old
05-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Barnaby

I think it's time....

Time to start the Chris Clark fan club!!....

Old
05-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Good for Chris Clark?

I wonder how expensive that is, I bet he paid himself because he cares. If our prospects feel their skating is average and they want to pay to go, Im sure the organization would love that. I doubt the NYR will finance something like that however.
Who cares if they finance it... after a contract or two that class will have been one hell of an investment!

Old
05-30-2004, 12:05 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

One success story doesn't make it true for all.
It makes it true for one guy.

Like I said, the Rangers wouldn't 'waste' money to send these guys there. It would be a purely economical reason. If it doesn't mean results they won't waste their time.

They won't even spend money on a goalie coach, Im sure this is out of the question.

Old
05-30-2004, 12:07 AM
RGF

uhh misterunspoken, obviously youve never skated lol bc any hockey player will tell you how its instrumental in making you better..

do you think most pros were born natural fast skaters? no...80 percent maybe more have done powerskating from their early childhood at least until 18/19

it makes u agile, faster than bigger guys if yoiur small, stronger, better on the puck, everything you name

Old
05-30-2004, 12:08 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Did I say I was opposed to sending the players there? Im saying that the NYR would never pay for it. The players would have to.

Old
05-30-2004, 12:40 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
One success story doesn't make it true for all.
It makes it true for one guy.

Like I said, the Rangers wouldn't 'waste' money to send these guys there. It would be a purely economical reason. If it doesn't mean results they won't waste their time.

They won't even spend money on a goalie coach, Im sure this is out of the question.

They wont spend money on a goalie coach or a program to help the prospects, but they will spend money on the Krapa's, K.Hatcher, Kamensky, Ulanov of the worlds. Sather has to prove to me that youth is the way to go, he can deal for youth at the deadline but if he overpays for more ufa, then I'll never believe anything he says.

Old
05-30-2004, 08:42 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
I think pretty much everyone does power skating schools, though perhaps not through the organization. I understand that it has mixed results. Some people really improve while some people don't. Chris Clark is a success story.

Old
05-30-2004, 04:52 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Good for Chris Clark?

you are right the rangers probably won't finance it cause the rangers would never do anything that involves common sense...

i mean why spend $1000 now to turn a prospect into a player that gets paid only $1 mil/year when you can save that $1000 now and then sign a free agent for $9 mil/year later

Closed Thread