HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dare to Dream

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2004, 10:18 PM
db23

vCash: 500
Dare to Dream

If the THN Draft Guide is any indication, the Habs could have a shot at either A.J. Thelen or Wojtek Wolski with their #18 (or #17) pick in the first round. That would b amazing. Both of those players are better prospects than Kastitsyn was a year ago.

Old
05-29-2004, 10:27 PM
not quite yoda

Now they aren't.

Old
05-29-2004, 10:38 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Now they aren't.

I'll bet money that both Thelen and Wolski have better NHL careers than Kastitsyn.

Old
05-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
I'll bet money that both Thelen and Wolski have better NHL careers than Kastitsyn.
just stop bringing kastitsyn in all discussion !!
Wolski is a better version of hossa
and Thelen = Hainsey with a better attitude ...
none of these 2 have gamebreaking potential ala Kastitsyn !

Old
05-29-2004, 10:42 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
If the THN Draft Guide is any indication, the Habs could have a shot at either A.J. Thelen or Wojtek Wolski with their #18 (or #17) pick in the first round. That would b amazing. Both of those players are better prospects than Kastitsyn was a year ago.

short answer. NO, they are not. Sorry, to burst your bubble.

Old
05-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I sort of doubt either player actually will be there at #18, but this year, who knows. Anything could happen. I'd be interested in Thelen. As for Wolski... well... if a bunch of other guys I'm higher on are already gone (e.g. Chipchura, Green), then I guess I could settle on Wolski, but I would feel a bit queasy about it. I don't really like his play... too inconsistent, too soft, too much of a floater. He's plenty talented, and he could be spectacular in the OHL if he decided to break a sweat once in a while, but I just don't trust that kind of prospect. I think I'd probably pass on Wolski. There would inevitably be somebody with a bit more fire available there.

I haven't seen Thelen *or* Kastitsyn, but if Wolski is a better prospect than Kastitsyn, I'd have to say we really blew the pick last year, then. However, from any reviews I've read about Kastitsyn, he's just in a class far above Wolski. Going strictly by those reviews, I'd imagine that Kastitsyn, if he had hypothetically opted out of last year's draft, would go somewhere in the next few picks after Ovechkin and Malkin this year. He sounds like he'd fit in nicely with most of the other names typically mentioned as potential top-10 picks (Ladd, Olesz, Schremp, Radulov, Tukonen, Stafford, Picard).

Old
05-29-2004, 10:45 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Kats went 10th overall in a draft year that was considered to be one of the deepest in recent memory. These two fellows are in a draft year that's been described as pretty thin after the first couple of picks. Anything can happen, but I don't think either of these two will be better than Kats IMHO.

Old
05-29-2004, 10:49 PM
jcpenny

I'm tired of people making comparaisons with Kasts when they'v never seen him play. Wait till you see him to make assumptions. I've never see him myself so i'll wait to draw my conclusions.

Old
05-29-2004, 11:17 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
thanks for the offer but you can keep your money. I don't see a point in profiting off my fellow HF boards posters. Just donate the money as a "sponsor" to HF Boards and get a star next to your name. ok?

Old
05-30-2004, 12:06 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
How much? I'm willing to bet with you.

Old
05-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Beakermania*

I'd be very happy with Thelan, but i don't see him falling to 18.

I'd rank the prospects we have discussed in various threads:

1) thelan
2) Chipchura
3) Green
4) Valabik
5) Picard
6) Wheeler

Old
05-30-2004, 01:29 AM
leafaholix*

Wojtek Wolski is no good.

Old
05-30-2004, 01:40 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Wojtek Wolski is no good.

I don't like Wolski's attitude and the fact that he seems to not want to get involved enough. Seems like he will end up another Marcel Hossa, but i could be wrong. I just like the other 6 guys i mentionned better.

Old
05-30-2004, 01:41 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
I don't like Wolski's attitude and the fact that he seems to not want to get involved enough. Seems like he will end up another Marcel Hossa, but i could be wrong. I just like the other 6 guys i mentionned better.
I love Picard off that list.

Simon Gagne v2.0

Old
05-30-2004, 02:14 AM
FF de Mars

How about trading the pick for Mikko Koivu? I think that Mikko could start develop into the 3rd line center that plays with size that we need as soon as next year. The presence of Claude Julien and Saku would greatly help him imo... and, I really think that i'd be a marketing dream for the habs...

Old
05-30-2004, 02:19 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

To say Wolski's a better prospect than Kastsitsyn is nothing short of laughable. Although I have only seen Kastsitsyn play once, I have seen enough of Wolski to know he's one big floater and will always play the perimeter game. He's got great skills, but so do many other prospects that ended up being busts because all their dipsy-doodling brilliance did nothing for them at the pro level. I don't see Wolski becoming anything more than a 2nd liner, in a Czerkawski kind of way. Kastsitsyn on the other hand has game-breaking potential, and unlike Wolski, he can generate all the attack by himself, which he always had to do anyway on a mediocre Belarus squad.

Old
05-30-2004, 02:42 AM
theo6060

Quote:
WOAH! Let's not get carried away here. Anybody who has seen Wolski play would NEVER say that he is as good as Kast was last year. There is a reason why his stock is falling...

Old
05-30-2004, 09:28 AM
eddy

Quote:
I also noticed this, I really wanted the habs to draft Wolski cause he's a big forward that can put the puck in the net, but i always thought he'd be drafted way to early, but the THN thing gave me some hope, but i wouldn't get to hyped over it anything could happen.

Old
05-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Kashmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
Wolski is a better version of hossa
Marcel or Marian?

Old
05-30-2004, 10:55 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir
Marcel or Marian?
If Wolski was a better version of Marian Hossa, I think it's fair to say he would go either 1st or 2nd overall.

Old
05-30-2004, 01:10 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
I still think Wolski would be a great choice for the Habs. He's only 17, and we all know he has the skills, he just needs more conviction, which I think players can develop as they grow in the NHL. And it's not like he is a total floater, often he comes out to play hard.

There's a reason he was projected to be a top 8 pick earlier.

Old
05-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Marchy79

Personally I want to see Alexander Radulov drop down to us... I think he can be a very good pick, as his play has been described as a Russian, playing like Finn by THN. If he goes out (which I'm almost sure he will go)... I hope we select rather Fransson, Green, Meidl, or Chipchura.

I'd love to see Seitsonen throw on a hab jersey... He's a very interesting prospect to me. And in the third, I'm really hoping Plyuschev can fall down to our pick.

If Alexandrov falls, he'd also be a very interesting pick as well... He has too much talent to pass up on.

So in my 'dream'

I'd love to see one of Radulov, Chipchura, Green, Fransson, or Meidl selected....

I'd Like to move up for either one of Seistonen or Alexandrov,

And I really hope Plyuschev drops to our selection.

Old
05-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars
How about trading the pick for Mikko Koivu? I think that Mikko could start develop into the 3rd line center that plays with size that we need as soon as next year. The presence of Claude Julien and Saku would greatly help him imo... and, I really think that i'd be a marketing dream for the habs...
I wouldn`t give up a first rounder for Koivu we`d be trading more for the name than the actual player.

As for a guy I`d like to see drafted Green would be good but THN has him ranked at something like 32, of course he could go in the top 10 or in the 3rd round if this is the case maybe we could trade the 18th for a later pick pull a Pollock and aquire a few additional picks.

Old
05-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
just shut up man. we dont give a damn about your negative intuitions about Kastsitsyn.. specially when you never ever saw him play.. i'LL guess you will be the first one to say: WOW kastsitsyn is tha bomb.

damn..

Old
05-30-2004, 03:27 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
just shut up man. we dont give a damn about your negative intuitions about Kastsitsyn.. specially when you never ever saw him play.. i'LL guess you will be the first one to say: WOW kastsitsyn is tha bomb.

damn..
You're right... But he'll never said that he's tha bomb. When people like him start to hate a player without any explainable reason, once the player is performing at the nhl level, those people will never like them. He's new to hockey anyways.

Closed Thread