HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedotenko

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Nikkowar

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
Fedotenko

I don't know whether to put this in the Finals section of here,but how's Feds doing as of now? I heard about his injury and I was scared for him. I'm sure he'll be fine,he was always a little toughie.

btw,good luck,friends

Old
05-30-2004, 10:19 AM
aapbolt

Rusty

Thanks much for the good thoughts. Fedo's injury looked nasty on tv last night. he was down for quite awhile and in todays paper it was reported that he was dizzy and unfocused- sure signs of a concussion. If you saw the replay. reghr had a hold of his arm and twisted it and then pushed him right into the boards- a huge cheap shot combined with a non-call from the refs. We hope to know more later today or tomorrow about his injury. My hope is that the bad karma from this crap really comes home to roost on the flames.

Old
05-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Sotnos

Here's a quote from today's St. Pete Times:

Quote:
The Lightning reported he had a "facial cut and was dizzy." He will be re-evaluated today. It is believed he spent Saturday night in a Calgary hospital and likely suffered a concussion.
Bad news

Old
05-30-2004, 12:39 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt
Thanks much for the good thoughts. Fedo's injury looked nasty on tv last night. he was down for quite awhile and in todays paper it was reported that he was dizzy and unfocused- sure signs of a concussion. If you saw the replay. reghr had a hold of his arm and twisted it and then pushed him right into the boards- a huge cheap shot combined with a non-call from the refs. We hope to know more later today or tomorrow about his injury. My hope is that the bad karma from this crap really comes home to roost on the flames.
Just a repayment for the hits from behind on Nemo and the blatant elbow on Nilson by Stillman. If there was NO ledge on the boards Rus would be fine. It was his face that hit the ledge and that was the fault.

Old
05-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Just a repayment for the hits from behind on Nemo and the blatant elbow on Nilson by Stillman. If there was NO ledge on the boards Rus would be fine. It was his face that hit the ledge and that was the fault.
Repayment? As I recall, Stillman already got beat up, what more do you want?

I'd say the fault lies in having his head rammed face-first into the boards, but if you want to blame the boards themselves, go ahead. I fail to see how Feds had this coming to him.

Old
05-30-2004, 07:19 PM
vega007

It was a total accident, in fact if you look at the replay Fedetenko was holding onto Regehrs stick with his other hand.

Fedetenko was the dirty player in this situation

Old
05-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Sotnos

Give me a damn break.

Old
05-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Just a repayment for the hits from behind on Nemo and the blatant elbow on Nilson by Stillman.
Exactly, and now the Lightning need to do in kind.

...Fedotenko was having his left shoulder grabbed on to, and trying to brace himself for the fall. Saying he had it coming to him and that he was the dirty player is admitting to being a moron with no objectivity at all. It was an accident, but a dirty and dangerous play by Regher. He is doomed, redemption shall be ours

Old
05-30-2004, 08:41 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
If only it wasn't against HF policy to make personal attacks ...

Your post is the biggest, most ignorant piece of garbage I've seen on this board possibly ever.

Old
05-30-2004, 08:59 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
You gotta be ****ting me. Honestly between Kolanos's "skating backwards and not facing Fedotenko" and yours I'm having trouble picking which is the worst description of the situation.

Last edited by Sotnos: 05-30-2004 at 10:17 PM. Reason: oops, filter didn't catch that one
Old
05-30-2004, 09:33 PM
aapbolt

Dirty

Vega you and patrick are the worst type of homers. Did you even see the replay? Fedo is far from a dirty player, in fact he rarely gets penalized. You obviusly know absolutely nothing about our team. When youlook at the replay you can clearly see regehr holding onto fedo's arm and then slam his head into the boards. your coward of a coach then made sure that he put him out there with your goons at the end of the game so that no retiribution could be taken. That is why the ref was standing between Roy and oliwa. what totaly crap. Ok- so now you keep accumulating bad karma- sooner or later it will come back to you. it was just a cheap shot in a long line of cheap shots from your goons. iginla said it at the end of the game we will kepp hitting them until they give up- gee i heard nothing about playing hockey. If by some chance your team wins the CUP, i hope it brings you what you deserve- a 50 year absence from the playoffs.

Old
05-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

I'll try and provide an unbiassed point of view of the incident. If anything, hold Regehr accountable with 2 minutes for holding, but nothing more. I think Fedotenko was a victim of circumstance here. He was in a vulnerable position as it was, and Regehr made it worse -- but certainly without an ounce of intent. It's similar in nature to Adam Foote's take down of Marco Sturm as they fought for an icing. Foote shifted his weight a bit into Sturm causing him to loose a bit of balance, and in turn causing him to fall and snap his ankle. Foote certainly wasn't held accountable for the injury (just as Regehr shouldn't be), but at the very most could have been called for interferrence. Regehr was trying to hold on to Fedotenko a bit to slow his progress towards the puck, unfortunately it spun him too much and he faceplanted the seem on the board.

Again, I say it's unfortunate, but not dirty or cheap in my book. It was ugly as anything, hopefully Fedotenko can return soon--but from my vantage point, I hate to say that Tampa fans may have seen the last of Rusty this playoffs.

Old
05-31-2004, 01:23 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
It was a total accident, in fact if you look at the replay Fedetenko was holding onto Regehrs stick with his other hand.

Old
05-31-2004, 08:35 AM
HellsBells

Quote:

You can say that it was an accident but to say that Fedotenko was being dirty is completely laughable.

I feel for Rusty but Ensane is right, 2 minutes for holding at the most. There was no intent to injure and it was not dirty or cheap.

Old
05-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Sotnos

You know what, all these "unbiased" opinions are wonderful, but if it was one of your top 6 who got his face planted into the boards in the Stanley Cup Finals, you'd be as pissed off as a lot of us are and would be looking at it a little differently.

Anyway, an update: according to all I've read, the only one suggesting he's a sure thing for tonight is TSN (no big shocker there ). Both local papers say he's questionable or day-to-day, apparently no broken bones just a lot of swelling, of course they're not saying "concussion" but who knows. Gametime decision.

Last edited by Sotnos: 05-31-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old
05-31-2004, 11:05 AM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
You know what, all these "unbiased" opinions are wonderful, but if it was one of your top 6 who got his face planted into the boards in the Stanley Cup Finals, you'd be as pissed off as a lot of us are and would be looking at it a little differently.

Anyway, an update: according to all I've read, the only one suggesting he's a sure thing for tonight is TSN (no big shocker there ). Both local papers say he's questionable or day-to-day, apparently no broken bones just a lot of swelling, of course they're not saying "concussion" but who knows. Gametime decision.
He should sit it out, he got drilled. No reason to risk further injury.

Old
05-31-2004, 11:18 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
No reason to risk further injury.
Stanley Cup?

Old
05-31-2004, 05:40 PM
jstreim

Ramsay says he's a no-go. Either his facial swelling affects his vision or concussion. Who knows .

Old
05-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Hockeyfan02

Well this team will have to fight through some adversity. Theyve done it throughout these playoffs without Cullimore and they'll have to do it without Rusty tonight. I'm looking for Cory Stillman to pick up the white courtesy phone and stepup tonight.

Old
05-31-2004, 06:34 PM
jstreim

More adversity to add: Appearantly Kubina is out as well... Those damn lower body injuries.

Last edited by jstreim: 05-31-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Old
05-31-2004, 10:38 PM
chriss_co

If you guys look through the Flames' board you'll see vega has no credibility there either.. i wouldn't even call it homerism... its borderline incompetent

just ignore the guy.. he doesn't represent the rest of us Flames faithful

Old
06-01-2004, 06:58 AM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
Stanley Cup?
Yes, but if you injury yourself so you cant play in it...

Closed Thread