HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Arch pain

Old
08-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Ani simov mal

vCash: 500
Arch pain

So I am in a weird situation right now. I'm using NBH Vapor xxxx skates right now, and I was using Vapor xxii before. Both skates are 10D. I never had arch pain with the 22's. Now, here’s when the weird part kicks in. I've been on the xxxx's for 3 months now. Used them about 40 times. I only had arch pain when I first got them because of the break in process I guess (yes, I had them heated too.) After about 2 weeks in them the pain had gotten away and they were fine.

Now, I have terrible outer and inner arch pain in both skates and I have no idea why. I read in a couple of threads that different skate brands, are better for different arch’s. I took a picture of my feet, because I'm not really sure what arch’s I have. Getting a new pair of skates would not be a problem, only if it was needed. The thing that I don't understand is that I had no problem in the other skates and they are both in the vapor line.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...00817-1933.jpg

Ani simov mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 08:33 PM
DevsFan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisimov View Post
So I am in a weird situation right now. I'm using NBH Vapor xxxx skates right now, and I was using Vapor xxii before. Both skates are 10D. I never had arch pain with the 22's. Now, here’s when the weird part kicks in. I've been on the xxxx's for 3 months now. Used them about 40 times. I only had arch pain when I first got them because of the break in process I guess (yes, I had them heated too.) After about 2 weeks in them the pain had gotten away and they were fine.

Now, I have terrible outer and inner arch pain in both skates and I have no idea why. I read in a couple of threads that different skate brands, are better for different arch’s. I took a picture of my feet, because I'm not really sure what arch’s I have. Getting a new pair of skates would not be a problem, only if it was needed. The thing that I don't understand is that I had no problem in the other skates and they are both in the vapor line.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...00817-1933.jpg
I would suggest getting a pair of insoles before dropping the coin on a new pair of skates. The Superfeet insoles seem to work really well for arch pain, and should run between 30-40 bucks. Just my .2

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 09:06 PM
kirsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan84 View Post
I would suggest getting a pair of insoles before dropping the coin on a new pair of skates. The Superfeet insoles seem to work really well for arch pain, and should run between 30-40 bucks. Just my .2
.2 is twenty cents. what would kane do?

i found this article http://www.usfigureskating.org/Magaz...55&issue=37232 . it looks like you are pretty flat-footed and that article says an "arch cookie" and maybe a heel wedge can help. i have heard only good things about those superfeet insoles, though.

kirsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 09:17 PM
trtaylor

Your picture indicates you have very flat feet. A footbed (insole) with a high, ridged arch like the Superfeets can be uncomfortable for feet like yours, too. Given a choice, I would tend to favor the Graf step-in's or even better, the Soles.

trtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 10:00 PM
noobman

At a glance, it looks like you have very flat arches. You'd probably need a podiatrist to tell you for sure. I have what are considered flat arches, yet my feet don't look nearly as flat as yours.

I found that playing with Superfeet insoles helped me a great deal.

In any case, a better insole might be a better idea than getting new skates right away.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Ani simov mal

Actually, I think I might be having arch pains because I was off the ice for 1 month. I had pnemonia and was off for a week, and then I went on a 3 week vacation in another country. Could it be because my feet aren't used to the skates?

Ani simov mal is offline   Reply With Quote