HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Prospect Updates 2010-11

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2010, 09:24 AM
moz
Gute Post

vCash: 500
Prospect Updates 2010-11

2009-10 threads: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=754518

New thread for a new season.

08-16-2010, 11:39 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Ilya Zubov may return

a little comment on him from ESPN;

Quote:
Ottawa Senators prospect Ilya Zubov has spent the last year in the KHL but, now, he tells Yahoo Sports Dmitry Chesnokov that he wants to try to break into the NHL, perhaps next year.

Zubov, a center, has played 11 NHL games, tallying just two points. But in 2008-09, he had 52 points in 63 games in the minors. He hasn't been great in the KHL, so it'll be interesting to see how -- of if -- he fits in with the Sens when he does make the jump.

Old
08-16-2010, 11:56 AM
blair7

After hearing T. Murray comments about Zubov after the Development camp I think the Sens have pretty much given up on him. He is a RFA, was he even offered a Qualifying Offer?

Old
08-16-2010, 12:01 PM
dmarc
SENS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair7 View Post
After hearing T. Murray comments about Zubov after the Development camp I think the Sens have pretty much given up on him. He is a RFA, was he even offered a Qualifying Offer?
Yes he was qualified because it was a two-way deal. Tim Murray said that was the only reason he was

Old
08-16-2010, 12:05 PM
blair7

When does he have to except the QO by?

Old
08-16-2010, 12:06 PM
kyle747

Quote:
is there a summary of what he said anywhere ?

I recall someone saying he has written off Ruslan Bashkirov after the camp.

Old
08-16-2010, 12:14 PM
blair7

Sorry, I can't remember where I heard it. It was either on the Team1200 website or Senstv.

TM said something like:
-Zubov or his agent said he wasn't planning on coming to NA
-compared to the other players at camp he didn't look that impressive

That's what I remember hearing

Old
08-16-2010, 12:17 PM
kyle747

Quote:
Sorry, I can't remember where I heard it. It was either on the Team1200 website or Senstv.

TM said something like:
-Zubov or his agent said he wasn't planning on coming to NA
-compared to the other players at camp he didn't look that impressive

That's what I remember hearing
No real surprise, I guess

Old
08-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
is there a summary of what he said anywhere ?

I recall someone saying he has written off Ruslan Bashkirov after the camp.
The guys on the team asked him what he (Tim Murray) thought of Bashkirov and Zubov and he said something to the effect of "they will be excellent KHL players".

Old
08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
if he wants to come back to the NHL, i'm sure the sens will have no problem withdrawing the QO to let him go to another organization.

I just dont see why anyone would want him.

08-16-2010, 12:33 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

If he wants to come back, let him. He is talented and has top 6 potential. A motivated prospect like Zubov is certainly an asset. We need a second line center in the AHL so he'd be a perfect fit there. There's no doubt in my mind that if Nikulin and Zubov had stuck around they would have gotten a good shot at top 6 minutes last season when injuries started to settle in.

We need to find a couple of top 6 forwards out of all of our long shot forward prospects. Throwing Zubov back into the mix only increases the odds in our favour.

I always liked his skill set.

Old
08-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
If he wants to come back, let him. He is talented and has top 6 potential. A motivated prospect like Zubov is certainly an asset. We need a second line center in the AHL so he'd be a perfect fit there. There's no doubt in my mind that if Nikulin and Zubov had stuck around they would have gotten a good shot at top 6 minutes last season when injuries started to settle in.

We need to find a couple of top 6 forwards out of all of our long shot forward prospects. Throwing Zubov back into the mix only increases the odds in our favour.

I always liked his skill set.
Agreed,

he must of just been tired of the different lifestyle Binghampton has to offer, it is quiet an adjustment culturally. Always liked his skill-sets aswell, I would welcome him back.

Old
08-16-2010, 03:00 PM
petelevi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
he must of just been tired of the different lifestyle Binghampton has to offer, it is quiet an adjustment culturally. Always liked his skill-sets aswell, I would welcome him back.
I'm unsure if Zubov is a true NHLer. I wonder if he is more of a Jason Krog-type player, someone who can dominate at the AHL level but doesn't quite do enough to be a regular NHLer. He certainly needs a better year in the KHL to drum up interest, & I seriously doubt Ottawa will have him back. They'll either trade his rights or simply give them up (as they did with Arttu Luttinen eons ago) and allow him to sign as a FA.

Old
08-16-2010, 04:42 PM
DefenseMinister

Zubov can't even excel in the KHL, he's a fringe player there. He sucks and it's best for all concerned that everyone moves on.

Old
08-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseMinister View Post
Zubov can't even excel in the KHL, he's a fringe player there. He sucks and it's best for all concerned that everyone moves on.
He might be CSKA's top line center this season, he's far from a fringe player.

Old
08-16-2010, 06:07 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
He might be CSKA's top line center this season, he's far from a fringe player.
Jan Marek will be their number one center, but Zubov will not be a fringe player, I agree.

Old
08-17-2010, 07:50 AM
sg58

Jakob Silfverberg plays on Brynäs top line tonight with Red Wings prospect Calle Järnkrok and proven SEL scorer Eero Suomervuori.

They're facing Mattias Karlsson's current and Peter Regin's former team Timrå in an exhibition game at 7 local (1 EST).

Old
08-17-2010, 10:05 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Jakob Silfverberg plays on Brynäs top line tonight with Red Wings prospect Calle Järnkrok and proven SEL scorer Eero Suomervuori.

They're facing Mattias Karlsson's current and Peter Regin's former team Timrå in an exhibition game at 7 local (1 EST).
Any streams?

Old
08-17-2010, 10:18 AM
sg58

Quote:
Any streams?
Won't be televised as a whole but I can probably link you to highlights later tonight.

Not all exhibition games are televised, actually none are this week, but some next week including André Petersson's HV71.

Old
08-17-2010, 10:37 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Nice. Thanks for the reply. If you could link us to some of Skelleftea's games too, when they're televised, I'm sure many here would appreciate the chance to watch Rundblad.

Old
08-17-2010, 11:41 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Nice post Steffe!! Keep us updated!

Old
08-17-2010, 12:05 PM
sg58

Quote:
Nice. Thanks for the reply. If you could link us to some of Skelleftea's games too, when they're televised, I'm sure many here would appreciate the chance to watch Rundblad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post
Nice post Steffe!! Keep us updated!
Rundblad and Skellefteå played yesterday against Björklöven, former tier-2-team relegated to tier-3 for this year.

Both teams iced very young line-ups, a lot of regulars rested. Rundblad was paired with Flames prospect Tim Erixon and wasn't on the ice for any of the goals in the 3-1-victory, but managed to fire away 7 shots.

And, if we have any plans on finishing 30th this year, Adam Larsson notched two assists.

Unfortunately, there were no highlights from that game available.

Forgot to mention before, Emil Sandin is also playing for Brynäs tonight. They just hit the ice.

Old
08-17-2010, 12:39 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Rundblad and Skellefteå played yesterday against Björklöven, former tier-2-team relegated to tier-3 for this year.

Both teams iced very young line-ups, a lot of regulars rested. Rundblad was paired with Flames prospect Tim Erixon and wasn't on the ice for any of the goals in the 3-1-victory, but managed to fire away 7 shots.

And, if we have any plans on finishing 30th this year, Adam Larsson notched two assists.

Unfortunately, there were no highlights from that game available.

Forgot to mention before, Emil Sandin is also playing for Brynäs tonight. They just hit the ice.
Great stuff!

Old
08-17-2010, 12:48 PM
SurMartin

Actually, Rundblad was voted the best player of the game (in SAIK). Don't know if that tells you much though, Skellefteå AIK and Björklöven are archrivals but nowadays they're on entirely different levels..
He did however look good out there, fired a lot of shots and was as usual really good at finding open ice.

Fun fact: At our traditional first training on ice where they "present" our players, he tore down more applause/cheers than anyone else on the team. He has become quite a fan favorite.

Old
08-17-2010, 04:00 PM
tyler_sens

Silfverberg finished with 1 a, but Brynas ended up losing 4-3.

Closed Thread