HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you want for Arnason? (EDM)

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2004, 11:37 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
What would you want for Arnason? (EDM)

I know this has been batted about quite a bit but what would you want for Arnason from the Oilers?

I was thinking something involving Jason Smith and/or Horcoff. If it's both we''ll need somthing else coming back Since Smith is our best defensive defensemen and our captain and Horcoff is an excellent 2-way forward who just had a 45 point year and is good in the faceoff, is great on the PK and can fill any 2nd or 3rd line position quite well, but I think the start of a trade could be there.

Thoughts?

WE also have 2 1st round picks (14,25) and a lot of depth in most positions apart from goalie.

Old
05-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Hawkalyzer

neither are what we need, tho something that could involve us getting Brewer would be good

Old
05-30-2004, 05:30 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Hmm I thought defense was a priority for you guys, my mistake, what are your needs then?

And while I don't think Brewer is untouchable, he still has high enough stock that if he were moved it would likely be part of a package for a real impact 1st liner or someone with potential to be there. I don't know if I see Arnason in that light.

Old
05-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Wally112pac

I wouldn't want anythin from the Oilers other than Brewer.

Maybe Semenov but not for Arnason.

Old
05-30-2004, 06:46 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Alright sounds good then. Thanks for your input

If there is a season next year I wish you guys the best. You have had a rough time recently.

I am kinda surprised there is nothing on the Oilers to interest you. We have a very deep prospect list in almost all positions and have a lot of good players on our team too.

Oh well, I was mostly asking as I had heard your coach and Arnason didn't get along well so he might be on the block.

No worries though. Best of luck guys.

Old
05-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Wally112pac

It's not that you guys don't have anyone that i would want. It's just no one really fits into the teams plans other than Brewer or Semenov.

I'd like the team to develop it's own prospects, not trade a top 6 forward for 1.

Old
05-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac
It's not that you guys don't have anyone that i would want. It's just no one really fits into the teams plans other than Brewer or Semenov.

I'd like the team to develop it's own prospects, not trade a top 6 forward for 1.

The last time the Hawks had a GM who felt that way they had two future HOF goalies and made the finals. Hopefully, Tallon will go the route you suggest.

Closed Thread