HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Another off-topic thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2011, 01:04 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
- In this market you absolutely need a 20% down-payment and a good job to get a loan.
- No one really knows when this mess is going to bottom out. I thought it had 6 months ago.

According to what I've read, job openings & salaries aren't good these days. There are a lot of people stuck here because of their mortgage. If things don't pan out for you in AZ over the next year, you have to be prepared to take a loss on that house if you need to get out of here.
Based on historical inflation adjusted housing prices and the Phoenix market history we're probably very close to the bottom imo. Phoenix was one of the hotter housing markets that started inflating 2-3 years ahead of the majority of the country. Having said that I suspect we're going a spend a while around that bottom. Wouldn't be surprised if its 2-3 years before we see any meaningful increase in home values.

It's a great buyers market right now. $250k will get you a 5000ft mcmansion in some parts of town. I'm seriously considering buying a second house in the near future while interest rates remain low. For anyone considering when the best time to buy a house in the Phoenix area might be, I think the threat of interest rates rising is a more immediate concern than possibly missing out on when the market finally comes off the bottom.

Old
01-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Id like to see this at the stadiums and arenas here in the state. How the **** is this possible I ask?

Las Vegas and LA are the 2 cities to 1st have this and now Philadelphia is on that list for Flyers and 76ers games. A magnet is involved in filling from the bottom.

Here is the results page from google on this.
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...D_enUS404US404

Here is the company website that makes these.

http://www.bottomsupbeer.com/

Old
01-26-2011, 10:56 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
- In this market you absolutely need a 20% down-payment and a good job to get a loan.
- No one really knows when this mess is going to bottom out. I thought it had 6 months ago.

According to what I've read, job openings & salaries aren't good these days. There are a lot of people stuck here because of their mortgage. If things don't pan out for you in AZ over the next year, you have to be prepared to take a loss on that house if you need to get out of here.

Writing / communication jobs don't pay very well around here. Forget about state agencies, there's no money there. The NGO / non-profit market is not great, either. I work for a non-profit, all of our revenue comes from out of state. As far as I can tell, local membership or donation-based organizations are struggling.

I have a communication degree as well. So glad I changed my career to software engineering. Way better opportunities and 3x the pay.
Yeah, communication jobs don't pay well anywhere though. lol. BUT the cost of living is considerably higher in Winnipeg as far as I can tell. You'd be lucky to get an 800-square-foot condo for <$200K up here, and property taxes/groceries/hydro etc. look to be much worse than what you'd be paying for the same things in Arizona. Sure, healthcare isn't guaranteed unless you've got a job with full benefits, but that's the only obvious drawback I see (and maybe the traffic/urban sprawl).

I wonder if Jim Gintonio's job will soon be available?

Old
01-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
Yeah, communication jobs don't pay well anywhere though. lol. BUT the cost of living is considerably higher in Winnipeg as far as I can tell. You'd be lucky to get an 800-square-foot condo for <$200K up here, and property taxes/groceries/hydro etc. look to be much worse than what you'd be paying for the same things in Arizona. Sure, healthcare isn't guaranteed unless you've got a job with full benefits, but that's the only obvious drawback I see (and maybe the traffic/urban sprawl).

I wonder if Jim Gintonio's job will soon be available?
As a Coyotes STH I have to ask this. If you move to AZ, will you buy a season ticket package if the Coyotes are still here?

Old
01-26-2011, 12:15 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
As a Coyotes STH I have to ask this. If you move to AZ, will you buy a season ticket package if the Coyotes are still here?
Yeah, without a doubt. That's one of the motivating factors involved.

Old
01-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
Yeah, without a doubt. That's one of the motivating factors involved.

Thank You! Lead by exmaple for others in the Valley of the Sun to follow.

Old
02-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Tonight is meet the team night at Jobing.com Arena. A very large turnout. Got an official game puck signed by OEL. Yandle called out sick for this event tonight as well. Dont blame him as he needed the rest after taking part in the ASG.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 02-04-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old
02-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Yandle called out sick for this event tonight as well. Dont blame him as he needed the rest for this event.
????

Old
02-21-2011, 08:18 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

OK. Got my computer back from the dolts at my school's tech center so now I can actually particiapte more in discussions both in-game and outside of one.

Before, I had to either go into the newsroom or the south campus computer lab. Now, I can just stay in my apartment.

Yay!

Old
02-21-2011, 08:31 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRoomForError View Post
OK. Got my computer back from the dolts at my school's tech center so now I can actually particiapte more in discussions both in-game and outside of one.

Before, I had to either go into the newsroom or the south campus computer lab. Now, I can just stay in my apartment.

Yay!
What was wrong with it?

Old
02-21-2011, 08:52 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
What was wrong with it?
Not quite sure. Had a lot of problems with it. But, everything seems to be in good shape now. Hopefully that will last.

Old
02-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Mossy

Does it annoy anyone else that you can get ASU, UofA, Dbacks, Cardinals license plates in this state.....but there is no Coyotes plate? At least not that I'm aware of. Would love to get one

Also, has there ever been an HF board meet up at a game before, I'm sure we could probably get a pretty sweet group discount if enough people were interested, or possibly score a suite for a game and meet up with all the people we interact with on a daily basis on these boards.

Old
02-22-2011, 10:46 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post

Also, has there ever been an HF board meet up at a game before, I'm sure we could probably get a pretty sweet group discount if enough people were interested, or possibly score a suite for a game and meet up with all the people we interact with on a daily basis on these boards.
I'd be down for this, depending on how my financial state is after my spring break trip.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Mossy

I haven't been a member here for long and was looking for two threads to see what was posted in them at the time. The 1st one I'm looking for is the thread announcing the coyotes picked up bryz, and the second is when it was announced that Tippett would be the next head coach.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:52 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
I haven't been a member here for long and was looking for two threads to see what was posted in them at the time. The 1st one I'm looking for is the thread announcing the coyotes picked up bryz, and the second is when it was announced that Tippett would be the next head coach.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...zgalov+waivers

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=684233&

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...t=tippet+coach

As I recall everyone was pretty ecstatic about Bryz. Remember we were running out Alex Auld........He is tall and bald dontchaknow

I was in favor of trying to get Laviolette but wasn't overly picky.

Old
03-06-2011, 10:20 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
The 1st one I'm looking for is the thread announcing the coyotes picked up bryz, and the second is when it was announced that Tippett would be the next head coach.
Tippett was advocated by us for a long time, almost immediately after he was fired by Dallas. I think Joe Q was tossed around as well. As for Bryz, we all knew it was a gift from the hockey gods the moment it happened. A lot of fans weren't familiar with his game, but those of us who watched him the playoffs knew what he was capable of.

Old
03-06-2011, 10:35 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Tippett was advocated by us for a long time, almost immediately after he was fired by Dallas. I think Joe Q was tossed around as well.
On that note I was bored at work and found another relevant thread.

"who should coach the Coyotes"
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ght=Laviolette

Lotta votes for Tippet and Laviolette. Most went that way it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Give me Peter Laviollette or death. The man basically took teams built nearly identical to ours deep into the playoffs, and has a cup. He knows how to coach an exciting, young-ish team. Most importantly, he knows how to work offensive and defensive systems with the players he is given.

Laviollette or bust.
And

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
The list so far:

Scott Arniel (RR)
Peter Laviollette (RR)
Paul MacLean (RR)
Bob Woods (RT)
Mike Sullivan (Sinurgy)
Ted Nolan (52G228PIM)
Michel Therrien (WJF)
Bob Hartley (Untouchable21)
Dave Tippett (Untouchable21)
Kelly Kisio (Llewzaher)
Kevin Constatine (Llewzaher)

Old
03-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

RIP to those killed in Japan from that 8.9 Earthquake. Now I hear that a nuclear power plant may melt down as a result.

Old
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM
doaner

Sin, I'm not sure where the rivalry came from. I think most likely from my perspective is that we (cops) are seen as the bad guys and fire fighters are loved my everyone. It seems like most cops and fire fighters in bigger towns are bigger jerks. I wrk on the Rez and our fire fighters are really cool laid back ppl. They give me all the supplies I need for phlebotomy draws and what not. What do you think sr?

Old
03-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Sin, I'm not sure where the rivalry came from. I think most likely from my perspective is that we (cops) are seen as the bad guys and fire fighters are loved my everyone. It seems like most cops and fire fighters in bigger towns are bigger jerks. I wrk on the Rez and our fire fighters are really cool laid back ppl. They give me all the supplies I need for phlebotomy draws and what not. What do you think sr?
It's interesting you mention the bigger towns thing. I'm originally from small town midwest and we were always taught to be very respectful of cops and firefighters, actually all people but in general cops and firefighters held a higher place on the totem pole. That said, back home firefighters and especially cops didn't have 1/10th the attitude they have out here! It seems out here cops have little respect for people and in turn people have little respect for cops. I'm speaking in general of course.

Old
03-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
It's interesting you mention the bigger towns thing. I'm originally from small town midwest and we were always taught to be very respectful of cops and firefighters, actually all people but in general cops and firefighters held a higher place on the totem pole. That said, back home firefighters and especially cops didn't have 1/10th the attitude they have out here! It seems out here cops have little respect for people and in turn people have little respect for cops. I'm speaking in general of course.
I think it just depends on the area more. Personally, I enjoy the cops in AZ more since they dont play favorites with people based on race, sex, color, etc when it comes to upholding the law. Places like NY and LA cant say the same.

See Crown Heights and Rodney King as examples.

Old
03-16-2011, 06:14 PM
doaner

Quote:
For sure. The media only shows you the bad apples, since that is what sells newspapers and what not. For me, I treat people as I would want my family to be treated. Respect goes both ways. If I don't get it, I can easily flip a switch as well. Being a born again Christian, I try to keep my ego out of my job. Afterall, it is just a job. I try to stay even keel around my little kids. Big town cops are pretty cauckie(sp?).

Old
03-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Why does HFBoards search function suck so much ass?! Apparently I haven't made a single post in the last 6 months with the word "Doan" in it.

Old
03-18-2011, 08:41 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Why does HFBoards search function suck so much ass?! Apparently I haven't made a single post in the last 6 months with the word "Doan" in it.
Yeah, it's pretty much useless. Shows posts years old when you don't want them.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Yotestothecup

What does everyone here do in real life? I am a student, and next year I will be training to be a pilot, as well as an aircraft mechanic.

Closed Thread