HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Another off-topic thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2011, 10:18 PM
  #301
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotestothecup View Post
What does everyone here do in real life? I am a student, and next year I will be training to be a pilot, as well as an aircraft mechanic.
Where are you training at/for?

doaner is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 10:23 PM
  #302
Yotestothecup
Registered User
 
Yotestothecup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Where are you training at/for?
CGCC, right by my home, has an aircraft maintenance program I am going to be taking. After that is over with, and I get certified with that, I guess I am going to train at a flight school to learn to actually fly planes. I hear you can do it at ASU, too.

Yotestothecup is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 10:27 PM
  #303
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotestothecup View Post
What does everyone here do in real life? I am a student, and next year I will be training to be a pilot, as well as an aircraft mechanic.
Im a University of Arizona grad! Currently work full-time for a multi-national corporation in vending/sales. Part-Time college student trying to get into Pharmacy school or something medical related that provides job security. I travel all over the Valley and some parts of the state when needed for work.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 10:50 PM
  #304
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotestothecup View Post
CGCC, right by my home, has an aircraft maintenance program I am going to be taking. After that is over with, and I get certified with that, I guess I am going to train at a flight school to learn to actually fly planes. I hear you can do it at ASU, too.
Right on. My brother went to San Juan community college in Farmington,nm where they were connected with Mesa air. He is now with delta. Good luck!

I work for the state of Arizona.

doaner is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 11:08 PM
  #305
Yotestothecup
Registered User
 
Yotestothecup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Right on. My brother went to San Juan community college in Farmington,nm where they were connected with Mesa air. He is now with delta. Good luck!

I work for the state of Arizona.
Thank you! I am hoping to work for Boeing at some point.

Yotestothecup is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 11:12 PM
  #306
Yotestothecup
Registered User
 
Yotestothecup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Another question: Besides the Yotes, which teams do ya'll follow?

I am a die hard Alabama Crimson Tide fan, at least 10x the love I have for anything else. Aside from that, I follow ASU baseball and ASU football. I also like the Suns.

The Coyotes are the only professional team I really can stand to watch, though. I hate MLB and the NFL with a passion.

Yotestothecup is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 11:21 PM
  #307
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotestothecup View Post
Another question: Besides the Yotes, which teams do ya'll follow?

I am a die hard Alabama Crimson Tide fan, at least 10x the love I have for anything else. Aside from that, I follow ASU baseball and ASU football. I also like the Suns.

The Coyotes are the only professional team I really can stand to watch, though. I hate MLB and the NFL with a passion.

Tennessee vols fan here. Diehard!!!

doaner is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 11:33 PM
  #308
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotestothecup View Post
Another question: Besides the Yotes, which teams do ya'll follow?

I am a die hard Alabama Crimson Tide fan, at least 10x the love I have for anything else. Aside from that, I follow ASU baseball and ASU football. I also like the Suns.

The Coyotes are the only professional team I really can stand to watch, though. I hate MLB and the NFL with a passion.
You're gonna hate me for sure after what I have to say on who I like for sure.

Baseball: Giants and the A's, **** the DBacks!
Football: 49ers,Radiers, and the Cardinals
Basketball: LA Lakers, **** the Suns!

College Football and College Basketball: UofA Wildcats and the Mens baketball team made it to the sweet 16. I dont think we will beat Duke but I would love revenge here after seeing Duke beat the Wildcats by 10 back in 2001 to win the NCAA title.
That loss still ****ing stings as I was watching the game from the McHale Center live on the jumbotron, only to walkout crying some till I got home to watch on the local Tucson news the big riot that took place on 4th Ave shorly after the loss.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 11:59 PM
  #309
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
You're gonna hate me for sure after what I have to say on who I like for sure.

Baseball: Giants and the A's, **** the DBacks!
Football: 49ers,Radiers, and the Cardinals
Basketball: LA Lakers, **** the Suns!

College Football and College Basketball: UofA Wildcats and the Mens baketball team made it to the sweet 16. I dont think we will beat Duke but I would love revenge here after seeing Duke beat the Wildcats by 10 back in 2001 to win the NCAA title.
That loss still ****ing stings as I was watching the game from the McHale Center live on the jumbotron, only to walkout crying some till I got home to watch on the local Tucson news the big riot that took place on 4th Ave shorly after the loss.

Everyone can't be perfect!

doaner is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 12:47 AM
  #310
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
I'm a freshman at UCF and I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Generally a sound strategy.

Other sports? I got UCF, we won our first bowl in school history. It was against UGA which is nice because my whole family basically went there.

I don't really follow other sports that much, but I'll follow the Cards or Dbacks when they're good, but I don't love them as much as the Coyotes. Couldn't care less about basketball.

Blubba Jenkins is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 12:47 AM
  #311
Yotestothecup
Registered User
 
Yotestothecup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Tennessee vols fan here. Diehard!!!
"Daniel Lincoln on to win it for the Volunteers..... BLOCKED! It is BLOCKED! Terrence Cody has blocked the field goal and the Crimson Tide wins! The Crimson Tide wins!"



I'm sorry to tell you.. but Tennessee is literally my least favorite thing on the face of the planet. But since you're a yotes fan, too, I can forgive you.

Yotestothecup is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 12:52 AM
  #312
Yotestothecup
Registered User
 
Yotestothecup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
I'm just gonna leave this here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5El03CbLam0

Yotestothecup is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 01:05 AM
  #313
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotestothecup View Post
I'm just gonna leave this here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5El03CbLam0
Thanks for that! I appreciate it!

doaner is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 01:23 AM
  #314
howlincoyote2k1
Registered User
 
howlincoyote2k1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Provo, Utah
Country: United States
Posts: 586
vCash: 500
Gonna be coming into town for the weekend, can't wait

howlincoyote2k1 is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 08:04 AM
  #315
Yotestothecup
Registered User
 
Yotestothecup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Thanks for that! I appreciate it!
In all seriousness, that was a great game, and I'm glad it was played. My hatred of the Vols has cooled off in recent years, as the series has become rather lopsided. Auburn is starting to overtake the Vols.. boy, do I hate Auburn.

Yotestothecup is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 11:59 AM
  #316
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotestothecup View Post
In all seriousness, that was a great game, and I'm glad it was played. My hatred of the Vols has cooled off in recent years, as the series has become rather lopsided. Auburn is starting to overtake the Vols.. boy, do I hate Auburn.
I think everyone hates auburn. My folks had tickets to the game and gave them to my cousin who went there. I had taser training that week and was pissed my dad and I didn't go. Oh well! I went to the 1998 vols-fsu championship game in Tempe.

doaner is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 12:20 PM
  #317
CitizenCoyote
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 500
Baseball: Red Sox
Football: Patriots
NBA: Unwatchable. But if the Suns are playing, I'll watch in the 4th quarter.
College: University of Connecticut.
NHL: Coyotes. When (note, I said when not if) the Whalers come back to CT, I'll pay attention to them too.

I wonder whether it's obvious where I'm from?



I also like footie. MLS: Galaxy and United. In England: Gunners. La Liga: Racing Santander. Serie A: Palermo. Scottland: Celtic FC.

CitizenCoyote is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 12:23 PM
  #318
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenCoyote View Post
Baseball: Red Sox
Football: Patriots
NBA: Unwatchable. But if the Suns are playing, I'll watch in the 4th quarter.
College: University of Connecticut.
NHL: Coyotes. When (note, I said when not if) the Whalers come back to CT, I'll pay attention to them too.

I wonder whether it's obvious where I'm from?

I hate the Yankees, so ur good in my book!

doaner is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 01:40 PM
  #319
Mossy
Registered User
 
Mossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
NFL - Bears
MLB - Cubs
College - Notre Dame

Mossy is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 05:11 PM
  #320
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,682
vCash: 500
Any recommendations for my new samsung galaxy? Apps, audio, video or other Coyote related things? New to the smartphone/droid world. Thx

Devils Advocate is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 05:58 PM
  #321
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4
 
TheMurdocktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,476
vCash: 500
NFL: Cardinals, Packers, Ravens
MLB: Giants, Twins, and the D-Backs
NBA: Suns and Thunder
NHL: The Yotes of course but also the Hurricanes and Blues
College: Kansas

TheMurdocktor is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 06:07 PM
  #322
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,413
vCash: 500
Huskers!!!!!!

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 06:25 PM
  #323
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Huskers!!!!!!
You guys owned Tennessee at the fiesta bowl game I went to in 99 or 00. Can't remember the exact year.

doaner is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 06:59 PM
  #324
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Also, the Flyers, Thrashers, and Lightning are my secondary NHL teams.

Does anybody have a good clip of the Diamondbacks winning the World Series? Youtube is lacking, I can only find a 39 second clip. It's probably the best moment in sports for me personally, just because the Coyotes history of never making it past the first round or missing the playoffs is pretty underwhelming.

Blubba Jenkins is offline  
Old
03-24-2011, 11:00 PM
  #325
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4
 
TheMurdocktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,476
vCash: 500
UofA just beat the living hell out of Duke!

TheMurdocktor is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.