HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another off-topic thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

vCash: 500
Going back to the smoking part, do any of you who smoke or did in the past have other people give you a hard time for smoking or for having some other habit? Amazingly, people ripped on me more for the types of cigerettes I used to smoke than for smoking, period.
People all the time would tell me how foolish I am for smoking a cigerette(Newports) that is only meant for women and blacks. Really, people? Really? Its Newports people! Not Sanatary Protection.

Guy smoking a Newport != Guy using tampons.

Old
05-24-2011, 01:41 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Going back to the smoking part, do any of you who smoke or did in the past have other people give you a hard time for smoking or for having some other habit? Amazingly, people ripped on me more for the types of cigerettes I used to smoke than for smoking, period.
People all the time would tell me how foolish I am for smoking a cigerette(Newports) that is only meant for women and blacks. Really, people? Really? Its Newports people! Not Sanatary Protection.

Guy smoking a Newport != Guy using tampons.
Haven't smoked in over 25 years. Now heres the weird thing - every once in awhile, and by that I mean maybe once in the last two years, but maybe once every other year, I dream I'm smoking a cigarette, and in the dream, I'm often getting mad at myself for starting smoking again.

I picked the habit up in high school - grew up in Chicagoland and everyone my age and older smoked back there and I mean everyone. There were no non-smokers at least not in my neighborhoood. I quit smoking on my 21st birthday and picked them up again a couple years later, then quit for good 25 years ago on the 'great American Smoke out day' which back then was the Thursday before Thanskgiving. (and maybe still is for all I know).

By then, I knew more people who don't smoke than knew people who did.

And yes, I remember there were people who were real brand conscious who would question your manhood if you bummed a Kool or Newport.

I still remember some of the old commercial slogans like

"Hey, show us your Lark!"

Last edited by yotesreign: 05-24-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old
05-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
Does anyone else's HF look like they are on their phone?

Old
05-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
I'm on my phone, and it looks like I'm on my desktop if that answers your question.

Old
05-26-2011, 12:08 PM
DesertDawg

I like Shiner Boch more than Dos Equis Amber

Old
05-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Dos Equis is Mexico's version of Budweiser.

I prefer Guiness or Corona more.

Old
05-28-2011, 12:12 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Dos Equis is Mexico's version of Budweiser.

I prefer Guiness or Corona more.

I remember a long long time ago drinking Tres Equis beer (it isn't made anymore but was made by the same company that makes Dos Equis. I liked it better). And I'd rather have a Guinness than any other beer.

Old
05-28-2011, 12:46 PM
DesertDawg

Depending on my mood:
Guiness
Sam Adam's Honey Porter
Mackeson
Sam Adam's Triple Boch
Fat Tire
Black and Tan

Old
05-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I like Coors Light. It's fairly low calorie, isn't heavy in your stomach and can get you tipsy on the cheap. Admittedly when I drink, I drink for effect, not for taste. If I was concerned about taste I'd just get a Coke.

Oh and on the cigarette topic, I just have one beef and that's all the ********* (lol...dooshbag spelled correctly gets censored) smokers who seem to think the world is their own personal ash tray. Throw that **** in the trash, not on the ground or out the window of your car you ****ing idiot!

Old
05-29-2011, 09:02 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Blue Moon for me, when I get my hands on it, otherwise its domestic stuff because its cheap. I'm starting to gravitate towards wells and mixed drinks though.

And I'm with Sin as far as smokers go. Inhale that stuff all you want but please, find an ashtray, trashcan, something.

Old
05-29-2011, 09:30 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
Click "full version"

Old
05-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Depending on my mood:
Guiness
Sam Adam's Honey Porter
Mackeson
Sam Adam's Triple Boch
Fat Tire
Black and Tan
Black and Tans rock!!! Ever tried Sam Adams Cherry Wheat?
I have developed a thing now for wheat beers since more of the non wheat beers are to watered down it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I like Coors Light. It's fairly low calorie, isn't heavy in your stomach and can get you tipsy on the cheap. Admittedly when I drink, I drink for effect, not for taste. If I was concerned about taste I'd just get a Coke.

Oh and on the cigarette topic, I just have one beef and that's all the ********* (lol...dooshbag spelled correctly gets censored) smokers who seem to think the world is their own personal ash tray. Throw that **** in the trash, not on the ground or out the window of your car you ****ing idiot!
Agreed on getting rid of the butts except not in the trash unless you want to see the can light up on fire.

Old
06-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Kaizen

TGO's boy drafted in the 7th round by the Cubbies.

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-p...246/story.html

Old
06-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Anyone following the wildfire coverage?

Over 300,000 acres burned and 0% containment with thousands told to flee in 2 different towns. Now word is coming out that massive blackouts in places like New Mexico and West Texas could happen if the 2 electricial transmission lines are burned.

This brings back memories of that one massive wildfire near Show Low a few years ago. At the rate things are going this new fire will be the largest in state history.

Thoughts?

Old
06-09-2011, 11:56 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Anyone following the wildfire coverage?

Over 300,000 acres burned and 0% containment with thousands told to flee in 2 different towns. Now word is coming out that massive blackouts in places like New Mexico and West Texas could happen if the 2 electricial transmission lines are burned.

This brings back memories of that one massive wildfire near Show Low a few years ago. At the rate things are going this new fire will be the largest in state history.

Thoughts?
Short answer: It sucks; it totally sucks.

We used to spend several weekends a year up in Pine/Strawberry every year; my in-laws used to own a second home cabin in Pine; we don't get up there much anymore and I miss those weekends. Although I haven't been up to Greer or Eager I know people who have and it sounded very beautiful and appealing up there too.

I was reading a wiki earlier that said the Rodeo-Chediski fire consumed 468,000 acres back in 2002, and the guy that started two fires that got the Rodeo fire going got 10 years in prison, and the stranded motorist who got the Chediski part of the fire going did not get criminally charged but was charged civilly by the White Mtn Apache Tribe (she got lost for 2 days on their land and set a fire to attract a helicopter flying overhead and her little fire grew into the Chediski fire and merged with the Rodeo fire).

Whatever folks reactions to the pictures on the news - for the folks on the ground, it's really worse than we can imagine from the comfort of our living room sofa.

Last night what I heard, the fire had consuemd 368,000 acres, and is 0% contained. That's the sobering part the 0% contained. It seems usually within days of these fires you start to hear 5%, then 10%, then 20% contained and there is a progression of limited control and eventually they get to 90% and 100% contained even if it takes weeks. According to the news reports this one started May 29 and it's still at 0% containment.

It is a disaster; if there's any need to find 'consolation' - the fire is consuming an area that is larger than Phoenix and they've only had to evacuate (last I read) about 30,000 people - so in human inconvenience and hazard it's not a disaster on the scale of a major quake or flood in an urban center. But for those affected, whether it's an overflowing river flooding your house or a forest fire or landslide, it sucks. It totally sucks.

Old
06-14-2011, 03:29 PM
PhoPhan

I know this doesn't compare with an enormous wildfire, but there's apparently a SWAT team set up about a block and a half from my house right now. Details are trickling in, but it seems like some nut has barricaded himself in a building, and he might have a bomb, a hostage, or both. Should be a fun commute home.

Old
06-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
I know this doesn't compare with an enormous wildfire, but there's apparently a SWAT team set up about a block and a half from my house right now. Details are trickling in, but it seems like some nut has barricaded himself in a building, and he might have a bomb, a hostage, or both. Should be a fun commute home.
Sounds like they are no where near resolving the situation either. You might be lucky to even get home!

Old
06-16-2011, 10:01 AM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

The city of Glendale didn't riot when the Cardinals lost the Super Bowl. Just sayin...

Old
06-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave21 View Post
The city of Glendale didn't riot when the Cardinals lost the Super Bowl. Just sayin...
No riots when the Suns lost in the finals either.

Old
06-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Arizona Wildcat basketball fans rioted on 4th Ave after the loss to DUKE in the 2011 NCAA Final Four.

My bad with the spelling error.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 06-16-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old
06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
No riots when the Suns lost in the finals either.
Come to think of it...there were no riots when the Dbacks won the World Series either. I'm not even counting the minor championships won by the Mercury or the Rattlers...

Old
06-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Arizona Wildcat basketball fans rioted on 4th Ave after the loss to DUKE in the 2011 NCAA Final Four.
That was 2001 and of course it was in Tucson, that place is such a ghetto. </tucson_hate>

Old
06-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
That was 2001 and of course it was in Tucson, that place is such a ghetto. </tucson_hate>
But it still happened and not all of Tucson is Ghetto. Who knows what the future will hold especially if any of the other 3 Major Pro Teams do win a title.

Old
06-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
But it still happened and not all of Tucson is Ghetto. Who knows what the future will hold especially if any of the other 3 Major Pro Teams do win a title.
Who said it didn't? I was merely correcting your assertion that it was in 2011, not insinuating that since it was 10 years ago it didn't happen and yes, all of Tucson is ghetto (ok not really, I'm just Tucson hater).

Old
06-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:

My bad with the spelling error.
Spell check sucks!

Closed Thread