HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another off-topic thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Mike92

vCash: 500
I've lived in az my whole life, today was the craziest weather I can remember. Goes from nice, to rain, to cold, to hot, to hale. Like the freakin weather from lost. I'm looking forward to fending off polar bears and hunting boar tomorrow.

Old
10-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Phillies, Rangers, and the Yankees all win tonight with SF and ATL playing tommorow.
A No hitter by the Phillies as well.

Any of you care about the MLB playoffs?

Old
10-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Any of you care about the MLB playoffs?
Not the first round. I never pay attention to it.

Old
10-07-2010, 08:37 PM
andimgone

Well, I got my new HD-PVR and renewed NHL Center Ice. Iím ready to go on another season.

Also, Iím no longer doing the GDT's. I can't say I have a good reason for the decision. I just donít feel like doing them anymore. Plus, it appears we already have a solid replacement.

Old
10-08-2010, 12:37 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Well, I got my new HD-PVR and renewed NHL Center Ice. Iím ready to go on another season.

Also, Iím no longer doing the GDT's. I can't say I have a good reason for the decision. I just donít feel like doing them anymore. Plus, it appears we already have a solid replacement.
Well, thanks for your hard work putting together those hundreds of GDTs. The new ones are very good, but still, yours will be missed.

Old
10-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
fyi...you're still under contract for the foreseeable future so be prepared to assume GDT duties at a moments notice!

Old
10-08-2010, 05:11 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

anybody know of a good place/site to get a cheap lab coat? i'm looking for one for my Halloween costume (being a doctor because of my nickname--last name is Murdock, nickname is inherently Murdoctor for some reason, idk, but i digress)

so, back to the post, anybody have any suggestions? or would one of you guys have one by chance that you would be willing to dole out? I'm talking like 12 bucks and under.

Old
10-08-2010, 06:49 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Goodwill/Salvation Army. Saturdays are usually 50 percemt off too

Old
10-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Just curious, what does everyone think about proposed medical marijuana?

Old
10-11-2010, 03:19 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Just curious, what does everyone think about proposed medical marijuana?
It's not going far enough. Legalize usage, growth and sales, tax it and be done with it. There's no good reason to keep wasting tax payer money & police resources, or funding Mexican drug cartels just because of the unfounded 'gateway drug' theory.

Last edited by zz: 10-11-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old
10-11-2010, 03:24 PM
PhoPhan

As a general warning: HF policy is such that we can talk about medical marijuana as long as it's more in terms of the science behind it and not in terms of the politics of it. I wish we could get into the politics because it's something I've been paying really close attention to, but there are more appropriate fora for such discussion, including within HF.

You guys probably know mouser and me well enough by now to know that if something is borderline, we'll probably just let it roll, but please err on the side of the apolitical so neither of us has to get surly.

Old
10-11-2010, 04:26 PM
PHX FireBirds18

So I found out I might have Glaucoma. Traces of it are in my family tree, but it's not known to be entirely caused by genetics. Best case scenario, I tame it with eye drops the rest of my life. Worst case scenario, I might require surgery or become blind. He also said, that my eyes could of just been born like that. So who knows. The doctor doesn't seem to concerned about it right now, so I guess that's a good thing. Anyways due to that news I decided to look up how it really benefits a disease like Glaucoma. It gets kind of long due to all the scientific explanations, but long story short. I would basically have to be high the entire day for it to be effective. I think they said something like smoking 9-12 times a day. So as appealing as that might sound to be eligible for such a drug. Eye drops here I come.

Old
10-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
It's not going far enough. Legalize usage, growth and sales, tax it and be done with it. There's no good reason to keep wasting tax payer money & police resources, or financing Mexican drug cartels just because of the unfounded 'gateway drug' theory.
I would tend to agree with that sentiment. It's almost ridiculous how many problems it would solve and while I'm sure new ones would be created they would be grossly outweighed by the benefits. As for the gateway argument, that doesn't really make sense to me. People with issues who would use drugs to escape them will do so regardless of the presence of marijuana. Besides, marijuana isn't the gateway drug anyway, that would be alcohol and anyone with even basic knowledge of history knows what a failure prohibition was in the 20's. The only one who benefited from prohibition was the mafia just as the drug cartels are the only ones benefiting today.

As for medical marijuana, I'm totally for this regardless of the reasons above. I don't personally know anyone who needs it but I've heard from those that do and man some of those people are in serious pain. This can help them a lot and I can't imagine denying them access to relief, especially over such petty reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
So I found out I might have Glaucoma. Traces of it are in my family tree, but it's not known to be entirely caused by genetics. Best case scenario, I tame it with eye drops the rest of my life. Worst case scenario, I might require surgery or become blind. He also said, that my eyes could of just been born like that. So who knows. The doctor doesn't seem to concerned about it right now, so I guess that's a good thing. Anyways due to that news I decided to look up how it really benefits a disease like Glaucoma. It gets kind of long due to all the scientific explanations, but long story short. I would basically have to be high the entire day for it to be effective. I think they said something like smoking 9-12 times a day. So as appealing as that might sound to be eligible for such a drug. Eye drops here I come.
Man that sucks, sorry to hear it. Hopefully it never really manifest into something serious!

9-12 times a day?! Man in your case I would go with eye drops too. That just seems like a freaking hassle.

Last edited by Sinurgy: 10-11-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old
10-11-2010, 05:24 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
As for medical marijuana, I'm totally for this regardless of the reasons above. I don't personally know anyone who needs it but I've heard from those that do and man some of those people are in serious pain. This can help them a lot and I can't imagine denying them access to relief, especially over such petty reasons.

Man that sucks, sorry to hear it. Hopefully it never really manifest into something serious!

9-12 times a day?! Man in your case I would go with eye drops too. That just seems like a freaking hassle.
I would agree with that. Someone very close to me has arthritis and I know she lives in pain every day. She takes ibuprofen just so she can do day to day activities. Eventually one day all those excessive pills are going to add up in a negative way. I can't help but think that medicinal pot would be a much healthier alternative for the long run. They do some crazy things out in california with it, so you don't even need to smoke. Baked goods, lollipops, lemonade, you name it.

Thank you. I hope so as well. I'm not a fan of listening to the game on the radio, so I'm not sure what I would do if the worst came. I'm only 24 and it says it typically attacks people older than 40, but there are rare cases when babies and young adults. We will see, I have another appointment coming up.

Old
10-11-2010, 06:56 PM
zz

Quote:
Sorry man... that sucks.

Old
10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:

What satellite provider do you use? I got NHL CI to go with my HD-PVR last year and I'd say at least half of the Coyotes games weren't offered in HD. SD hockey on an HD TV is awful. I'm tempted to go with it again, but would prefer watching for free online over that.

Old
10-12-2010, 12:00 PM
andimgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
What satellite provider do you use? I got NHL CI to go with my HD-PVR last year and I'd say at least half of the Coyotes games weren't offered in HD. SD hockey on an HD TV is awful. I'm tempted to go with it again, but would prefer watching for free online over that.
Shaw Cable. They claim that a lot more games will be in HD this year. They even require using their newest HD-PVR in order to get Center Ice (which I'm aware might end up being nothing more than a way to generate sales). They do have a promo on the HD-PVR for $200, to be paid a year later.

So far, game two was on Center Ice in HD. Game one was on TSN in standard. The TSN game should of had an HD feed, but the extra HD channels aren't working on my box. I'll have to check into that.

Old
10-12-2010, 02:23 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
Sorry man... that sucks.
No need to worry, nothing is set in stone yet. We'll just have to wait and pray for the best. Optimism is what makes us coyotes fans right?

Old
10-12-2010, 02:35 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
No need to worry, nothing is set in stone yet. We'll just have to wait and pray for the best. Optimism is what makes us coyotes fans right?
This is probably rude to say, but I kinda want to see you play hockey stoned. It's a selfish reason, sure, but man that would make my whole year!

No one worry, we are friends in real life so he knows I'm joking. Hope all turns out well man. On the bright side, I think you could still kick ass on the ice, blind or otherwise. At least I'd have a chance at stopping you lol.

Last edited by SuperDave21: 10-12-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old
10-12-2010, 03:40 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave21 View Post
This I probably rude to say, but I kinda want to see you play hockey stoned. It's a selfish reason, sure, but man that would make my whole year!

No one worry, we are friends in real life so he knows I'm joking. Hope all turns out well man. On the bright side, I think you could still kick ass on the ice, blind or otherwise. At least I'd have a chance at stopping you lol.
At least I would already have a stick in my hand to guide me around. It would probably go something like this. Where's my d partner? **** he's at the snack shop again. Damnit. What the hell do you expect from someone smoking 10 times a day? I would basically have to smoke in between the periods. Don't judge me! Zubov did it and he was awesome.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

My 2 cents on medical marijuana. First, never tried it, not even in college. (bit of a wuss, I guess.) Second, I have had teenage cancer patients who found great relief from it, or so they told me. I didn't supply it or condone it, or have anything to do with their procurement, but I guess the stuff found on the street works well too.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:15 PM
PHX FireBirds18

It's a pain killer, that can take someone's mind off of whatever they are suffering with. A drug like oxycotton gets to float around and destroy the lives of young adults. While pot sits there and is looked down upon in the worst kind of way. You don't see someone stealing or committing crimes because they need some pot. I've seen it happen over the other stuff. As someone that has experienced both, I can tell you how dangerous OC is. Had a prescription and only took it twice, and I had withdrawals immediately. The only thing that dangers someone with pot, is their figure.

Old
10-12-2010, 07:55 PM
PhoPhan

I wouldn't go that far. I'm 100% for legalization for medicinal and recreational use, but I feel like most advocates really diminish the negative effects of pot. It's not as bad as tobacco, but it does contain carcinogens (at least if you smoke it, which most people do and will do for the foreseeable future). It's not as bad as alcohol, but it does intoxicate you, and I wouldn't want someone driving high any more than I want someone driving drunk. It also completely saps your productivity, even if you're an artist; it'll give you some good ideas, but most people can't really execute them until they're sober (unless it's part of the aesthetic, which it often is).

The big thing to worry about, though, is kids. I don't buy into any of that "gateway drug" stuff, but there's a pretty clear link between adolescent marijuana usage and schizophrenia.

So my take on is it that it should be legal but controlled, to the same extent that cigarettes and alcohol are. People say it'll be easier for kids to get if it's legal, but I don't buy that for a second. I knew a lot of people growing up who got into reefer simply because it was so much easier to get than beer or cigarettes.

Old
10-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

I used to live in San Diego (where there were tons of these legalized dispensaries) before I moved here. I lost count of how many times I saw variations of the following headline in the Union Tribune:

"<insert heavy drug name here> bust at legal pot dispensary"

Against this measure for this very reason.

Old
10-12-2010, 08:00 PM
PHX FireBirds18

I was joking about the whole figure being the only negative. I do agree with everything you said though.

Closed Thread