1. Leafs - anyone who has not attended a BUF/TOR game at HSBC Arena, no matter what side you're on, if any, is missing out. One of the most underrated rivalries in the league, because no one cares about the Sabres, and Leaf fans are more concerned about the Sens. Always entertaining, atmosphere is electric.
HM: Habs, Sens, Bruins, Rangers
Ive been lucky enough to go to one. Best game I have EVER been to. Sabs one 5-2 and we all got to talk to trash to the Leaf fans that had to leave Buffalo on a 2 hour bus ride home knowing they lost.
1. Bruins- it just keeps happening..every year we gotta beat on our fave whipping boys. They're just gluttons for punishment.
2. Leafs- Best atmosphere in the NHL when these 2 teams play each other. If the game is played in TO, tons of Hab fans make the trip, same way when the games are in Montreal with all the leaf fans. In Montreal it's louder though due to the fact the bell centre has the louder actual fans. TO has a bit too many corporate types.
3. I guess the rest is between the sabres or sens. Why? we play each other a lot, and Hab fans do a good job of making the trip to see the games when they're away. Good atmosphere. Not just that but langdon and peters have a habit of meeting up.
1. Detroit: St. Louis ALWAYS have a mental block when it comes to playing these guys. It's like they show them too much respect. :mad:
2. Vancouver: Ever since the Blues' meltdown in last year's playoffs,these two teams HATE each other.
3. Nashville: A nice division hatred;Blues fans take a bus-ride down to Nashville to see them play. Pred fans don't like seeing a sea of Bluenotes in the Gaylord.
4. San Jose: 2000 & now 2004, bounced St. Louis from the post-season. Players & fans alike hate those teal nightmares.
5. Colorado: Foote & Tkachuk have a hate-hate relationship. Pronger & Selanne dislike eah other as well. But that shouldn't be a problem w/ Selanne gone next season,if there is one.
1A) St. LOuis
it's a tie because both st louis and colorado have detroit as THEIR number one rivals however:
colorado hates detroit more than st louis hates detroit - so that should be a point for st louis to be higher
but after the steve moore incident colorado ties it up again.
ANd there's LOTS Of injuries all around:
St Louis/Van - May, Jackman
Colorado/Van - Moore, Blake, Bertuzzi, Naslund
In fact.......thinking about it some more - because of the naslund thing and the moore thing I think Colorado has GOT to be #1.
Good ol' detroit.
Because of the playoffs. They're this far down though because the canucks didn't really have TOO fiery a series with them. Certainly a couple more games in the season should change that.
Certainly some injuries there already - Simon, Salo...
I don't think these two teams HATE each other that much but they've got comparable styles and every time they play something big happens, and they're always great games
They consider Vancouver their #1 rival. Probably if you ask a canucks player he'd put them in the top 3 with detroit and colorado.
i refuse to. why? Because - rivalries are supposed to be a good thing. You're supposed to look forward to the games and hope hope hope for an ass kicking.........
This never happens with minnesota. I hate their STYLE not THEM - and i dread every minny game that approaches.
Anyway on a side note - do you notice how few "true" 2-sided rivalries there are? By that i mean where team A's main rival is team B, and team B's is team A
other than the rangers/isles, avs/wings and leafs/sens there's nothing like that. And who ever wants to see rangers/isles eh. Besides - 2 out of 3 of those are completely one sided.
The rangers win 5 or so games vs the isles - the only good games they play all year
and the leafs win 5 or so games vs the sens - the only bad games the sens play all year.
Really? You hate the Flyers more than the Isles and Devils? Wow. For some reason, I find that surprising. I would have guessed Isles, Devils, then Flyers.
To be honest, I don't "hate" the Devils at all. Can't say I like them, but I don't hate them either...
As for the Flyers / Isles - Yes, I truly hate the Flyers. But I think there are a lot of Rangers fans, who would give the Isles the #1 spot.
ARCHRIVAL: Detroit member of the unholy trinity with the Oakland Raiders and Nebraska Cornhuskers. Having to put up with their transplanted fans (who oddly enough don't want to live in Detroit) and their high horse act, lots of uglyness on the ice.
Runner up: Vancouver had some pretty vicous hockey, Brian Burke was disliked here even before he became GM of the Canucks and blamed Peirre Lacroix for everything that went wrong with his team, kicked into overdriver by Todd Bertuzzi and subsequent distasteful facets of the aftermath. The rivalry is held back by Vanco not having many fans here
1.Dallas Stars: Playoff nemisis, play the most dreadfuly boring trap, bad ice, for all the hell we take for being hockey's instant rich we wonder why Dallas doesn't get the same treatment, Mativichuk injured Hedjuk and Forsberg, taps into our general loathing of Texas.
2. St.Louis Blues: This is more because of our ownership or anything. Kronke and Laurie are brothers-in-law and Kronke has frustrated Laurie at every turn.
3. LA Kings: general loathing of Cali, Blake gets booed every time he touches the puck
4. NY Rangers: keep signing our players.
5. Philadelphia Flyers: their fans, but reminding them of the Lidros trade is such great fun.
Rivalries get pretty intense here because a huge percentage of our population are transplants and make the animus much worse.