HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

- Nashville News affecting NE Team

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2010, 12:33 PM
kyle747

vCash: 500
Weber to Ottawa for Ryan Shannon & Futures (E5)

hockeybuzzhogwash.com

Old
08-18-2010, 12:39 PM
nally

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Dumont to anywhere would help my fantasy team
(er, maybe not Toronto)
Calgary?

Old
08-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
Look at their contracts and you might want to change your mind.
*Looks at contracts*

Nope, haven't changed my mind. Erat is right in the middle of his prime so that contract shouldn't be a problem for Nashville. Not to mention he's probably Nashville's most talented forward right now, and he was one of their best players in the playoffs this year.

I hate how some HFers think a million bucks difference in contracts should be the deciding factor in trades. Erat is a better player than Kostitsyn, and he is much more important to the Nashville organization. Who gives a damn if he makes a little more money. The only "big" contracts coming up for Nashville to sign are Weber, Hornqvist and maybe Franson. It's not like they are in big cap trouble or anything.

Old
08-18-2010, 12:40 PM
danishh

vCash: 50
if its ottawa, the only thing i could think of that would be big would involve fisher. While he's happy here, if there is one team he'll waive for, its nashville.
(keep in mind that both fisher and mrs. fisher have stated numerous times that they have no problem with the current situation and are perfectly fine if it remains like this for a while.)

i could see something minor, like brian lee or chris campoli for one of nashville's less nhl ready dmen, but eklund wouldnt promote that as BIG news, would he?

Old
08-18-2010, 12:42 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Which leads to the classic Preds quote "Why get Mike Fisher when we got David Legwand?"

Old
08-18-2010, 01:16 PM
The Velvet Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Honestly, Kaberle would be a good fit with Nashville. But this is Eklund we are talking about. The guy is more off than my last psychological exam. I love the guy for sticking with Nashville through the troubles but geez.

Nashville's needs in order:

vet back up goalie

Vet d-man who can suck up 18 minutes a game

respect from media because let's face it, Canadian media won't cover southern teams and American media is incompetent.

Forward wise we got a lot of depth and frankly, quite happy with what we got. Cal O'Reilly is most likely gone so if anyone would like a #2 center they can have him.
beauchy can eat like 25 mins a game good on the powerplay, vet, cup ring....

Old
08-18-2010, 01:20 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Velvet Hammer View Post
it better not be beauchemin.

Old
08-18-2010, 01:22 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
In addition, even if their goalie situation wasn't in good hands, why give up the picks, a high salary and be hated by other GM's, when you could just sign Niemi as an UFAgent
Because Price is a much better goalie?

Old
08-18-2010, 01:23 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Velvet Hammer View Post

Old
08-18-2010, 01:43 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

a few options come to mind:

1) a trade invovling some of the preds forwards as they have too many forwards. o'reilly maybe? but that is not big. Hornquist/ possibly, if he wants more than 2.5-3 mil i can see him moved as well, and a 30 goal scorer is big. buffalo maybe?

2)a backup goalie signing, which means price wouldn't go anywhere.

3) a weber extension that helps set the market next season for ufa d-man

Old
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM
kyle747

I wouldn't mind seeing Savard moved to the west

Old
08-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Because Price is a much better goalie?
My point is, keeping the picks + Niemi is better than getting Price.

Old
08-18-2010, 02:05 PM
seanlinden

Honest question to forum moderators.... why are some sources (like BleacherReport, *************) *****ed out while Eklund isn't? If you're going to be in the business of censoring sources, all of the illegitimate ones should be blanked out.

Old
08-18-2010, 02:10 PM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Thomas to Nashville for Erat and a 2012 3rd

Old
08-18-2010, 02:17 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
Thomas to Nashville for Erat and a 2012 3rd
How 'bout, "NO," Scott?

Old
08-18-2010, 02:25 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Which leads to the classic Preds quote "Why get Mike Fisher when we got David Legwand?"
Because Fisher can win a face-off?

Wilson, Fisher, and Lombardi as our three centers allows us to move Legwand to the wing, where he can focus more on creating offense.

Sullivan-Lombardi-Erat
Dumont-Wilson-Hornqvist
Legwand-Fisher-Kostitsyn
Smithson-Goc-Ward

Sure, our defensive depth isn't great, but that forward group would be something, wouldn't it?

My guess is that we're working on a deal to trade Franson because he wants too much money.

If we're trading for a goalie, I'll eat a tape dispenser. We already have four that could conceivably play backup duty, one of whom is foregoing a starting gig in Sweden to compete for that spot.

Old
08-18-2010, 02:31 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Because Fisher can win a face-off?

Wilson, Fisher, and Lombardi as our three centers allows us to move Legwand to the wing, where he can focus more on creating offense.

Sullivan-Lombardi-Erat
Dumont-Wilson-Hornqvist
Legwand-Fisher-Kostitsyn
Smithson-Goc-Ward

Sure, our defensive depth isn't great, but that forward group would be something, wouldn't it?

My guess is that we're working on a deal to trade Franson because he wants too much money.

If we're trading for a goalie, I'll eat a tape dispenser. We already have four that could conceivably play backup duty, one of whom is foregoing a starting gig in Sweden to compete for that spot.
What four are those?

Pickard- Decent rookie year in the AHL, but clearly needs seasoning. Would be unfortunate to rush a prospect like that.

Dekanich- Average AHL goalie that had Chris Masonitis in Milwaukee--a rotten game every 2 or 3.

Lindback- nice prospect, but 22 years old, completely unproven, never played a north american game. Has some fundamental issues that badly need to be worked out before he's ready to play 15-20 games at the NHL level.

Smith- was in the ECHL last season.

I'll be a bit ticked off if we TRADE for a backup rather than signing for one, but to eat your office supplies for our most glaring need would be a little unreasonable.

Old
08-18-2010, 02:31 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Based on what limited information Eklund has provided:

O'Reilly to Buffalo for Lalime. Cheap goalie which Nashville needs to fill out roster. Buffalo gets a #2/3 center.

O'Donnell and Boucher from Philly for nuthin' Philly clears cap space for a Niemi move. Nashville fills all it's needs

Trading Hornqvist: Nashville can't get him signed. Maybe trading him to Washington for Flash. Basically the same player.

Boston has no roster possibilities for Nashville.

Rangers: Nashville QO's Staal. Rangers have no real cap room to make a move against this. (Per Capgeek) Nashville does have an extra 2nd for the Arnott trade. Maybe a move to get Gilroy? Nashville was in the hunt for him too.

Ottawa has a lot of possibilities that I can't gauge out. So many EL's that could be put on the roster if they move a roster player.

NJ: God knows. If they are really hard up for Kovy they might move a forward but still, I don't know.

Other than that, no clue. It's Eklund. Fun to speculate but that's all it is speculation.

Old
08-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Isles72

Balsillie is going to offer sheet the entire nashville org

Old
08-18-2010, 02:41 PM
WhatThehEcKLUND

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Well, atleast Ek narrowed it down to a 3rd of the league.

Montreal
Boston
Ottawa
NY Rangers
NY Islanders
Philadelphia
Toronto
Buffalo
Pittsburg

I mean, really. This is like saying something big is going to happen west of the Mississippi River.

still, it's more specific than most of his stuff, sometimes he says, "I'm looking into something big, going to happen the next few days,, involving a person, with a team, and remember, you heard it here first!'

then three days later when Wade Belak get's new skate laces, Eklund says "see, I told you!"

but sometimes he seems to get something right,

even a broken clock is right twice a day...

a million monkeys with a million typewriters...blah blah blah...

a million rumours pulled out of an A**holes A**hole, eventually one is bound to come to fruition

but for the most part, that guy makes me throw up in my mouth LOL

Old
08-18-2010, 02:56 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
What four are those?

Pickard- Decent rookie year in the AHL, but clearly needs seasoning. Would be unfortunate to rush a prospect like that.

Dekanich- Average AHL goalie that had Chris Masonitis in Milwaukee--a rotten game every 2 or 3.

Lindback- nice prospect, but 22 years old, completely unproven, never played a north american game. Has some fundamental issues that badly need to be worked out before he's ready to play 15-20 games at the NHL level.

Smith- was in the ECHL last season.

I'll be a bit ticked off if we TRADE for a backup rather than signing for one, but to eat your office supplies for our most glaring need would be a little unreasonable.
You have just given a shining example of one of my worst habits as a sports fan: marginalizing player development. You're completely writing off the idea that these players have worked on their flaws over the summer and will come into camp better than they were last season. Look at Hornqvist as a prime example. After his below-average debut, you could probably count the number of people who thought he would score 30 goals on one hand.

Players are never static. Just because a guy has flaws in his technique, or was in the ECHL last year, or whatever else, doesn't mean that he can't come into camp and play well enough to earn a roster spot. When we're looking for a guy to be our Chris Terreri, what's the point in spending three times as much on a guy that probably isn't going to save us from doom in the event of a Rinne injury anyway? Let the guys we already have duke it out for that spot and save us a little extra cash to pay Hornqvist (assuming we're going to pay him at all).

Old
08-18-2010, 03:00 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

Quote:

Sullivan-Lombardi-Erat
Dumont-Wilson-Hornqvist
Legwand-Fisher-Kostitsyn

now that is some sexy two way center depth.

Old
08-18-2010, 03:02 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
You have just given a shining example of one of my worst habits as a sports fan: marginalizing player development. You're completely writing off the idea that these players have worked on their flaws over the summer and will come into camp better than they were last season. Look at Hornqvist as a prime example. After his below-average debut, you could probably count the number of people who thought he would score 30 goals on one hand.

Players are never static. Just because a guy has flaws in his technique, or was in the ECHL last year, or whatever else, doesn't mean that he can't come into camp and play well enough to earn a roster spot. When we're looking for a guy to be our Chris Terreri, what's the point in spending three times as much on a guy that probably isn't going to save us from doom in the event of a Rinne injury anyway? Let the guys we already have duke it out for that spot and save us a little extra cash to pay Hornqvist (assuming we're going to pay him at all).
I'm not marginalizing it at all. Hornqvist was an anomaly. If anything, you're the one making the assumption...that Rinne is capable of carrying a Brodeurian workload. How do we know he doesn't trip up in the same way Ellis and Mason did, when handed the sole starter job? I'm just saying, there are still guys out there that could likely be signed for as little as we'd be paying Dex or Lindback, but with a fair deal more of a "proven" factor.

Old
08-18-2010, 03:04 PM
TheBrokenRib

"Could break shortly...or may not even happen today."

Wow...

If his "source" a.k.a his gut, is as accurate on this as it was on the Kaberle no deal, we are in for some fun.

Old
08-18-2010, 03:13 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloFan4Life View Post

I know it's Eklund but I do feel like the NHL has been too quiet this off season and something is going to happen that's pretty big. The only thing I can think of would be an offer sheet. The person in the NE that is big that would get an offer sheet would be Price. Doesn't Nashville have 2 good goalies???
I am just getting this up fast,(breaking news!!!) because something could break shortly(need more clicks now!!!). Can't get into too many details(because I really don't know anything), and it may not even happen today(wtf? you said it was going to break quickly and you needed it up fast - you are contradicting yourself - shows how little you realy know)...so this is just a quick alert(quick cry for more clicks).

Seriously do you think this guy actually gets calls from GMs?

"Hey Ek, I'm workin on a trade and I just wanted you to be the first to know. Don't tell anyone."

Ek, "Okay Bri Guy, I'll just tell 'em something is going down and to keep clicking. By the way you told me Kabs was traded 99.9% and I told everyone he was gone to almost every team in 148 rumors the last year. WTF? Man I look like an idiot on that one".

Burkie, "You always look like one".

Ek, "Yeah but they keep clicking Burkie, they keep clickin, fools."

Burkie, "HA, HA, we got em fooled. Listen I got more juice for you soon, make sure we are rumored to pick up every player."

Ek, "Sure bud, okay if I throw you in a couple Habs rumors? Habs/Leafs rumors are good for 50,000 clicks, HAHAHA. "

Closed Thread