Old
08-13-2010, 04:27 AM
Doogee
Cammy!

vCash: 500
OT: BC/Kelowna Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
It is a package you buy that allows you to see every single NHL game all year long because if you don't live in the area that your favourite team is based then you get "blacked out" (they wont broadcast it to you). If you buy CentreIce (like 200$ with HD) then you can watch all the games you want. Kinda like a PPV event, but for all year long.
Awesome, thanks for the info.

I will be living in BC when i move over, so this stuff is good to know.

MOD EDIT (CH): I moved all the ot posts from the SNET Deal thread to this one.

Last edited by Noori: 08-17-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 12:18 PM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPassion View Post
Awesome, thanks for the info.

I will be living in BC when i move over, so this stuff is good to know.
where abouts in BC? Lower mainland is too big an depressing with all the rain imo, the North is cold. Vancouver Island is nice if you're 65+, the Kootneys are nice if you like the outdoors and a small town concept (bunch of rednecks if you ask me, but I can't really talk). The only place to live is the Okanagan. Summers are 35+ winter rarely go below 0 and there are tons of golf courses and winery's, if you like that stuff. If you have a question about where you're mving let me know

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Doogee
Cammy!

Quote:
where abouts in BC? Lower mainland is too big an depressing with all the rain imo, the North is cold. Vancouver Island is nice if you're 65+, the Kootneys are nice if you like the outdoors and a small town concept (bunch of rednecks if you ask me, but I can't really talk). The only place to live is the Okanagan. Summers are 35+ winter rarely go below 0 and there are tons of golf courses and winery's, if you like that stuff. If you have a question about where you're mving let me know
Looking to move into the Quesnel area.

I have a friend who lives in Williams Lake, we might settle down in there is we can't find anything in Quesnel.

Old
08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
flames123

Quote:
Looking to move into the Quesnel area.

I have a friend who lives in Williams Lake, we might settle down in there is we can't find anything in Quesnel.
Personally I would never live there. But if you like being in the middle of nowhere with only 10,000 other people it's fine. It rarely gets above 20C in the summer and is usually in the minus' during the winter.

Old
08-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Doogee
Cammy!

Quote:
Personally I would never live there. But if you like being in the middle of nowhere with only 10,000 other people it's fine. It rarely gets above 20C in the summer and is usually in the minus' during the winter.
Beats living in 40C in summer here.

I don't mind Vernon, so that's probably another option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
You are kidding right? If not it is a cable package to pay for all out of area games. So in BC you can catch all Flames games except if they are in BC and playhing on nuck pay per view
Why would i be kidding?

Old
08-14-2010, 09:44 PM
flames123

Quote:
Beats living in 40C in summer here.

I don't mind Vernon, so that's probably another option.
Vernon is nice. Just up the lake from where I live. A little bit smaller but still has all the major stores act. A lot of service industry job as the whole Okanagan is a bit of a retirement oasis and a off season home for hockey's biggest egos.

BC is the most expensive place in Canada to live. Canada is the most expensive place in the world and Kelowna is the most expensive place in Canada, so Vernon/Kelowna is the most expensive place to live in Canada.

Old
08-14-2010, 11:08 PM
GoFlames

Vernon is a great place... and no Kelowna is not the most expensive place in Canada and Canada is not even close to the most expensive country.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 12:05 AM
flames123

Quote:
Vernon is a great place... and no Kelowna is not the most expensive place in Canada and Canada is not even close to the most expensive country.
Really now? A few months ago it was published in a Kelowna news paper. Kelowna is the most expensive place to live in Canada. Vancouver is in #2. They based it on the price of grocery's, gas (which is constantly 10cents more than the lower mainland), house prices, municipal tax rates (a friend on mines downtown business is 3000square feet and was 52,000 in taxes last year, no joke). I'm not sure if it was based on income.

Looked up the Canada part, was not as I thought.

Last edited by flames123: 08-15-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old
08-15-2010, 03:47 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Really now? A few months ago it was published in a Kelowna news paper. Kelowna is the most expensive place to live in Canada. Vancouver is in #2. They based it on the price of grocery's, gas (which is constantly 10cents more than the lower mainland), house prices, municipal tax rates (a friend on mines downtown business is 3000square feet and was 52,000 in taxes last year, no joke). I'm not sure if it was based on income.

Looked up the Canada part, was not as I thought.
Lol well I am glad the Canada is expensive country on earth myth was busted

Kelowna the msot expensive place imn the world lol! do some travelling and you will laugh at that statement. Lol Kelowna! Vancouver is not considered expensive on world stages. Go to Moscow (not that I suggest it).... Vancouver is cheap in comparison

Old
08-15-2010, 04:31 PM
flames123

Quote:
Lol well I am glad the Canada is expensive country on earth myth was busted

Kelowna the msot expensive place imn the world lol! do some travelling and you will laugh at that statement. Lol Kelowna! Vancouver is not considered expensive on world stages. Go to Moscow (not that I suggest it).... Vancouver is cheap in comparison
Kelowna IS the most expensive city in Canada, I thought that Canada was the most expensive country in the world.

Old
08-15-2010, 11:32 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Kelowna IS the most expensive city in Canada, I thought that Canada was the most expensive country in the world.
Source?

Old
08-16-2010, 12:44 AM
flames123

Quote:
Source?
Kelowna Daily Courier two months ago. Search the story on their website. It is based on average income compared to average grocery, service and gas prices as well as taxes and house prices.

Old
08-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Kelowna Daily Courier two months ago. Search the story on their website. It is based on average income compared to average grocery, service and gas prices as well as taxes and house prices.
according to this Vancovuer is the most expensive in the country... Toronto is 2nd and Montreal 3rd... Ottawa being the cheapest

http://www.citymayors.com/features/c...or-North-23240

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 11:56 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
according to this Vancovuer is the most expensive in the country... Toronto is 2nd and Montreal 3rd... Ottawa being the cheapest

http://www.citymayors.com/features/c...or-North-23240
That is not based on average income.

Old
08-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
That is not based on average income.
who cares? cost is cost regardless of income

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 09:00 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Quote:
When you base it on income you get the real most expensive city, as opposed to the nominal most expensive city. It's probably a better measure of the effect of expenses on the residents, which is more important to know as opposed to just straight numbers.

Damn, using the words nominal and real make me sound smart.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 09:38 PM
flames123

Quote:
100$ is for a gallon on milk is cheap when you make 100 billion a year. $5 for a gallon of milk is very expensive when you make 1000$ a year.

Old
08-16-2010, 09:42 PM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck91 View Post
When you base it on income you get the real most expensive city, as opposed to the nominal most expensive city. It's probably a better measure of the effect of expenses on the residents, which is more important to know as opposed to just straight numbers.

Damn, using the words nominal and real make me sound smart.
The summer residents in Kelowna are typically quite wealthy while the year long residence don't make nearly as much as most of them work in services at 10-30 dollars an hour. For people that work here, especially small merchants, Kelowna is very expensive.

Old
08-17-2010, 11:30 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
The summer residents in Kelowna are typically quite wealthy while the year long residence don't make nearly as much as most of them work in services at 10-30 dollars an hour. For people that work here, especially small merchants, Kelowna is very expensive.
True so is Vancouver when a house in teh west side is at least $1 million... whatever you know that BC stands for bring cash right?

Old
08-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Codes

I lived in Kelowna for most of my life. I love the Okanagan Valley. You get all 4 seasons, and there are plenty of activities to do in the winter and summer. Absolutely love the hot summers, though, having Okanagan Lake right there. Best place in BC to live bar none.

Did my university in Victoria. Beautiful city, but kind of boring, and I can't deal with that much rain.

Codes is offline   Reply With Quote