HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

my hand

Old
09-16-2010, 02:30 PM
anthockey77

vCash: 500
my hand

This weekend I am in a ball hockey tournament, my first tournament since last May. We have games on saturday and sunday, but I have a pretty significant problem. Around 10 days ago, I was longboarding down a hill, and fell. Cut up my hand real good. Now, I have two huge scabs on my left hand, and whenever I take a shot the stick digs into my hand and reopens the cuts, and hurts as well. Any suggestions on how I could prevent this from happening? and maybe take away some of the pain from after every shot?

Right now what I plan on doing is putting an ace bandage around my hand, and I'm hoping that with a glove will help. But I'm not sure.

Any suggestions?

anthockey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 04:10 PM
madmutter
I heff to be med

Maybe try a blister pad? It's like a clear band aid with gel on it.

madmutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 04:57 PM
akalaM

Maybe...let it heal and play hockey after?

akalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Laino

I don`t know how you could go about preventing it but I would say don`t play until it`s healed. Unless you`re getting paid theres no point in forcing yourself to play through (severe) pain, in my opinion.

Laino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 06:19 PM
EmptyNetter

If you can't stop reopening your hand I see two potential problems:

1. If you wear gloves when you play you risk a serious bacterial infection. Open wounds + hockey gloves = possible staph infection.

2. If you keep breaking through scabs you'll probably end up with good sized scars. But chicks dig scars, so...

+2 for sitting the tournament out. And think about wearing gloves when skating down hills. Hope you're not banged up too bad.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNetter View Post
If you can't stop reopening your hand I see two potential problems:

1. If you wear gloves when you play you risk a serious bacterial infection. Open wounds + hockey gloves = possible staph infection.

2. If you keep breaking through scabs you'll probably end up with good sized scars. But chicks dig scars, so...

+2 for sitting the tournament out. And think about wearing gloves when skating down hills. Hope you're not banged up too bad.
Agree with this. Make sure you have the wound well protected. Wear a bandage, clean new disposable glove, and with that it may be necessary to wear an oversize glove on that hand only.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote