HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Pursuit

Old
08-18-2010, 04:43 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Prospect Pursuit

Posted this in the Prospects part of the forum but wanted to get fellow Flyers fans involved in this.

For starters, however, I figured I would start a blog first to talk about various prospects who were drafted in 2010 as well as ones who have previously been drafted and are working their way through their respective systems.

I will be starting this blog on blogspot and hopefully it gets a pretty good following.

I will also be starting a podcast with my friend in the coming months but figured starting a blog would be the first baby step we would need to see how this phenomenon works out. Once we get everything settled and we find a place to record, we will get on it ASAP.

I have spoken to a numerous amount of prospects and asked if they would do interviews via the phone or skype just to talk about themselves, get their names out, how they play, where they play, how they have progressed, basically everything and anything you want to know about a prospect.

I have gotten confirmations from the following players to do interviews:

Jon Blum
Alex Petrovic
Jared Knight
Nick Bjugstad
Jon Merrill
Kevin Lind
Jarred Tinordi
Riley Sheahan
Ryan Wilson
Brock Beukeboom
Drew Shore
Ivan Vishnevskiy
Alexander Burmistrov
Eric Knodel
Oscar Lindberg
Cam Atkinson
Max Nicastro
John McCarthy
Cory Schneider
Jack Campbell
Charlie Coyle
William Wrenn
Ludvig Rensfeldt
Shawn Matthias
Mikhail Stefanovich
Craig Cunningham
Eric Gryba
Tom Kuhnhackl
Kyle Turris

Id say it a pretty good list, but I think before we call them, I will just start the blog, send them a bunch of questions, than post it up on the blog with a scouting report on them.

But I think I might need your help a bit. I have no idea what to call this blog/podcast. I was thinking of name and best I could come up with was Prospect Pursuit. I would like to see what you guys could come up with as I know there are many creative people on here.

If you are interested in the blog/podcast, I will always be posting more details on here about various articles I will write and other things like that.

Hoping to hear some very good stuff from you.

Thanks

-Pikachu

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:09 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

So I have finally done it. My blog is up and running.

I decided, instead of starting up my own blog from scratch, to join an existing site with more background and more connections in order to aid me in making a name for myself in the hockey world.

I have joined www.schoolyourpool.com (an HFBoards partner) in order to take my passion for hockey into something big. SchoolYourPool is a fantasy hockey website for those that are looking for help creating a great fantasy team. In order to have a great, in-depth team, you also need some solid, top-notch prospects. If you have a second, take the time to subscribe to the website.

My introductory article was just completed so check it out if you guys want to. http://schoolyourpool.com/fantasy-ho...0-shawn-reznik

My first interview will be with Jack Campbell and I will do my best to have it up within the next week.

I hope you guys join along for the ride and enjoy what I bring to the table.

Thanks

-Shawn

Old
08-24-2010, 12:47 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Shawn the link to your first article isn't working. I'm going to join a hockey pool for the first time this season, so this should help. Good luck with the blog, sounds fun.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 08-24-2010 at 01:05 AM.
ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 01:09 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Go to schoolyourpool.com and it's the feature story.

Old
08-24-2010, 02:02 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get in contact with them?

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote