HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

- Leafs/Ducks

Old
08-18-2010, 09:44 PM
SpecialPhil

vCash: 500
The solution is simple.
1. Trade Kaberle to Boston for Tor 2011 1st round pick
2. Trade 2011 1st, 2011 2nd, 2012 1st to Anaheim for Ryan

I mean, who needs first round picks when your 1st line consists of both Kessel and Ryan

SpecialPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

this is funny

no one on the leafs roster is worth a ryan

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 09:47 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
this is funny

no one on the leafs roster is worth a ryan
When a player wont sign a contract, his value goes down.....

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
When a player wont sign a contract, his value goes down.....
When a poster doesn't understand the situation

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Rainman2408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrageous Leafs Fan View Post
Your one of those leaf fans that would give up Schenn (who hasn't been/done anything AMAZING) and a second for a franchise player.

Would Glady give up Schenn and a 2nd ++

What you suggest is just rediculous. I mean... the first post after you posted that was a DUCKS fan saying NO TAKE BACKS... LMAO don't think that is a sure sign it's overpayment?

I like Ryan ALOT but come on.....

Rainman2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Adversary

Ryan is not a franchise player

Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=2865

Ask Nick Kypreos what OHL stats mean in the NHL.
62g in 64 games.....He sure was great, wasn't he?

I watch as much, if not more OHL then NHL.....Many players come in and look great at 16 and 17, but never translate that to success at the next level.......And theres also several who are nothing special but develop later and they go on to have success in the NHL.

Its how a player develops from 19-24 that really matters.

If your gonna compare Kadri to Ryan, its very pre-mature.
Probably not the best argument from a Leafs fan's perspective....while I would agree that a player's minor league stats don't always mean legit success in the NHL, Ryan HAS managed to translate his game to the pro level, putting up solid numbers.

Kadri can only hope to appease the Toronto masses who think the world of him, and do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post

Firstly, is implies that he is one now. The fact that he is 3rd in team points defeats that.

Even then his potential isnt even franchise. At his age (23) Crosby has won a heart, stanley cup, art ross, and rocket richard. By the age of 23, Ovy had won a Richard, Heart, Ross, and Pearson. He had also scored 65 goals (Ryan had 65 pts).

By the age of 23, Malkin had won a Conn Smyth, a cup, Art Ross, Calder, and 2 time Heart finalist.

By the age of 23, Ilya Kovalchuk had won a Richard, scored 50 goals, had 97 pts, despite missing the lockout season.

By the age of 23, Heatley had scored 40+ goals, won a Calder, and averaged a PPG in a season where he had recovered from a car crash. The next season he scored 100 + pts.

By the age of 23, Joe Thornton had scored 100+ points, and had averaged a PPG for 3 straight seasons.

In addition, guys like Getzlaf, Mike Richards, Jason Spezza, had all averaged over a PPG by time they where 23.

Then you have guys like Backstrom, Toews, Stamkos, and Kopitar who are all younger than Ryan and have accomplished more.

Sorry bud, but your way off the mark
By the age of 23, do you expect Schenn, Kadri or Gunnarsson to accomplish any of these things?

Just curious.

08-18-2010, 09:56 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
Bobby Ryan will cure Cancer AND AIDS...

Come on, he's the 3rd best forward on Anaheim and they're having trouble resigning him. Eklund is like a nose-deaf pig hunting for truffles, but you can't help but wonder about the situation.

No, he is not a better player than Corey Perry.

Schenn + 2012 1st + D'Amigo.

No Kadri, no Gunnarsson, no Kulemin.
I think the next logical term in that group would then be No Ryan

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Duck Fan

What if a war broke out and nobody showed up? or

What if Eklund posts a rumor and nobody responds.

Duck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 10:01 PM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
By the age of 23, do you expect Schenn, Kadri or Gunnarsson to accomplish any of these things?

Just curious.
Well Gunarsson is already 24, but hes a late bloomer with solid 2nd pairing potential.

However, kadri is 19 and schenn is 20. I fully expect Luke Schenn to be an elite shutdown defenceman in 3 years.

As for Kadri, I expect him to get between 40 - 45 pts if he plays with the big club. In 4 years, I would be very satisfied if he produced as Ryan does (with more assists than goals of course).

So would I do one of them straight up for Ryan. Yes. And thats a tough descision because Schenn and kadri were both drafted leafs. But would I add on to them. No.

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well Gunarsson is already 24, but hes a late bloomer with solid 2nd pairing potential.

However, kadri is 19 and schenn is 20. I fully expect Luke Schenn to be an elite shutdown defenceman in 3 years.

As for Kadri, I expect him to get between 40 - 45 pts if he plays with the big club. In 4 years, I would be very satisfied if he produced as Ryan does (with more assists than goals of course).

So would I do one of them straight up for Ryan. Yes. And thats a tough descision because Schenn and kadri were both drafted leafs. But would I add on to them. No.
Fair enough.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 10:34 PM
The Elper

as much as I don't think the Leafs will get Ryan , and as much as I think Eklund is waste of time and space ........ I beleive teams and players have falling-outs ...... the two sides (Ducks andRyan) have not agreed , and as time goes on , emotions get envolved .
I would not be surprised if a few of these RFA's get traded. Ryan , included !
Ego's are a big factor !
Not sure the Leafs will be in the running though ....

The Elper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 10:38 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrageous Leafs Fan View Post
I think Schenn + Kadri + Gunnarrson for Ryan + Blake (dump,dont really think lupul would be used) could work out seeing as how Anaheim doesn't have many good NHL-READY defencemen. And face it, Ryan isn't the type of player you draft every year. Seeing as how he still managed to get goals/points rotating between 1st and 2nd line, shows that HE IS a franchise player.
you would take blake back?

WHY WHY would you unleash that Garbage on the Leafs

I don't care if we do get Ryan that waste of talent known as blake can stay on the ducks

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Selanne138

Quote:

Replace Boat with Bobby Ryan, and Mystery Box with Kadri.

Why would the Ducks ever trade Ryan for someone who mite possibly be as good as him in 4 years?

Or a defenseman who mite become a first pairing guy? Because you fully expect him to be an elite shutdown guy?

Its hilarious from a Ducks fan's perspective. You dont trade elite talent for that. I wouldnt trade Bobby Ryan for both. So you can keep your crappy offers, and weil keep our 30 goal scorer.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Dutch Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post

Replace Boat with Bobby Ryan, and Mystery Box with Kadri.

Why would the Ducks ever trade Ryan for someone who mite possibly be as good as him in 4 years?

Or a defenseman who mite become a first pairing guy? Because you fully expect him to be an elite shutdown guy?

Its hilarious from a Ducks fan's perspective. You dont trade elite talent for that. I wouldnt trade Bobby Ryan for both. So you can keep your crappy offers, and weil keep our 30 goal scorer.
In 4 years you may become as good a speller as me.

Ryan stays in Anaheim. It's something you don't believe until you see it. Anaheim has everything in order. They have their top-line in Ryan, Perry and Getzlaf, and their top-goalie in Hiller. They need offensive depth, and they have that in the system with Etem, Holland and Smith-Pelley coming through. They need defense, period - and they have that coming through in Fowler, Gardiner and Sbisa.

Schenn would make sense, as they've got no elite shutdown man coming through, but other than that they really don't need much. A goaltending prospect would be nice as depth to Hiller, but we don't have any expendable goaltending prospects with high enough value to not just be a throw-in in a deal. Ultimately, that is what is in the way of a deal, the lack of a + along with Schenn.

Just for fun..

Ryan - Kadri - Versteeg
Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 11:18 PM
KingsCourt

Here we go...leafs get the world and give up scraps

If you want a player like ryan be prepared to give up the same type of package as the kessel deal..Burke set the price so its his fault

I think at least one of schenn and kadri needs to included, as well as 2012 1stn

KingsCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Rainman2408

[QUOTE=KingsCourt;27442180]Here we go...leafs get the world and give up scraps

If you want a player like ryan be prepared to give up the same type of package as the kessel deal..Burke set the price so its his fault

I think at least one of schenn and kadri needs to included, as well as 2012 1stn[/QUOTE]

sounds reasonable. Give ya Reimer too. as long as it's ONE of Schenn or Kadri. Both is a deal breaker.

Rainman2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Emerald Duck

[QUOTE=Rainman2408;27442231]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCourt View Post
Here we go...leafs get the world and give up scraps

I think at least one of schenn and kadri needs to included, as well as 2012 1stn[/QUOTE]

sounds reasonable. Give ya Reimer too. as long as it's ONE of Schenn or Kadri. Both is a deal breaker.
I prefer the Ducks to keep Ryan as long as he agrees to a 2 yr or 4 yr deal. However for discussion's sake, if the Ducks decide to move Ryan, how about:

Schenn, Caputi, Reimer and 2012 1st for Ryan ?

Caputi would help the Ducks organization as a natural LW. He probably won't play a Top 6 role this year, so it's either bottom 6 or Syracuse. Reimer would improve the Ducks goaltending depth but he's certainly a minor piece in this deal (might replace him with another draft pick, except Burke needs to keep his scouts busy). No one knows for sure about the 2012 1st, though the Ducks can always hope

Other teams might offer more if Murray decides to pull a Burke and hold a NHL-wide auction, but the Ducks certainly would want to move Ryan to the Eastern Conference. Murray may ask for Schenn+Kadri, but Burke will laugh at him. As we enter September and Ryan is still unsigned, then Ducks will have to decide to keep playing hardball or start to evaluate fair alternatives.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:33 AM
The Velvet Hammer

[QUOTE=Emerald Duck;27442681]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman2408 View Post

I prefer the Ducks to keep Ryan as long as he agrees to a 2 yr or 4 yr deal. However for discussion's sake, if the Ducks decide to move Ryan, how about:

Schenn, Caputi, Reimer and 2012 1st for Ryan ?

Caputi would help the Ducks organization as a natural LW. He probably won't play a Top 6 role this year, so it's either bottom 6 or Syracuse. Reimer would improve the Ducks goaltending depth but he's certainly a minor piece in this deal (might replace him with another draft pick, except Burke needs to keep his scouts busy). No one knows for sure about the 2012 1st, though the Ducks can always hope

Other teams might offer more if Murray decides to pull a Burke and hold a NHL-wide auction, but the Ducks certainly would want to move Ryan to the Eastern Conference. Murray may ask for Schenn+Kadri, but Burke will laugh at him. As we enter September and Ryan is still unsigned, then Ducks will have to decide to keep playing hardball or start to evaluate fair alternatives.
that should be seriously considered.

The Velvet Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:53 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

No.

No.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:57 AM
alienanton*

i would not trade schenn for ryan.

there, i said it.

alienanton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:

Firstly, is implies that he is one now. The fact that he is 3rd in team points defeats that.

Even then his potential isnt even franchise. At his age (23) Crosby has won a heart, stanley cup, art ross, and rocket richard. By the age of 23, Ovy had won a Richard, Heart, Ross, and Pearson. He had also scored 65 goals (Ryan had 65 pts).

By the age of 23, Malkin had won a Conn Smyth, a cup, Art Ross, Calder, and 2 time Heart finalist.

By the age of 23, Ilya Kovalchuk had won a Richard, scored 50 goals, had 97 pts, despite missing the lockout season.

By the age of 23, Heatley had scored 40+ goals, won a Calder, and averaged a PPG in a season where he had recovered from a car crash. The next season he scored 100 + pts.

By the age of 23, Joe Thornton had scored 100+ points, and had averaged a PPG for 3 straight seasons.

In addition, guys like Getzlaf, Mike Richards, Jason Spezza, had all averaged over a PPG by time they where 23.

Then you have guys like Backstrom, Toews, Stamkos, and Kopitar who are all younger than Ryan and have accomplished more.

Sorry bud, but your way off the mark
This stupid ass logic is what made everyone on this site consider him a bust at the age of 20. He's a late developer, but watching him play anyone knows what his potential is. Leafs don't want to pay the price? Fine, we keep our franchise-level forward.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 07:24 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
This stupid ass logic is what made everyone on this site consider him a bust at the age of 20. He's a late developer, but watching him play anyone knows what his potential is. Leafs don't want to pay the price? Fine, we keep our franchise-level forward.
Lol don't bother dude. Logic is lost in this conversation.

There's no use comparing Bobby Ryan to superstar generational talents like Ovechkin, Crosby, or Malkin because no one compares to them but them.

But for some fun with #'s. At 23 here's a look at some other prominent players in the league and what they got at age 22 & 23.

Marian Hossa
Age 22 - GP 81 G 32 A 43 Pts 75
Age 23 - GP 80 G 31 A 35 Pts 66
Marian Gaborik
Age 22 - GP 65 G 18 A 22 Pts 40
Age 23 - GP 65 G 38 A 28 Pts 66
Zach Parise
Age 22 - GP 82 G 31 A 31 Pts 62
Age 23 - GP 82 G 32 A 33 Pts 65
Bobby Ryan
Age 21 - GP 64 G 31 A 26 Pts 57
Age 22 - GP 81 G 35 A 29 Pts 64

Some players develop a little slower than others. His first two "full" years in the league the kid racked up 121 Pts in 145 games. Saying the Ducks fans are far off for asking for a D-man that has shown he can survive in the NHL but has yet to make any impact and a player that required his entire Juniors eligibility to develop and then saying people have accomplished a lot more than Bobby Ryan at this time in his short career is ridiculous and ignorant. Take off the Blue and White glasses and try being objective rather than trying to take advantage of certain stats while leaving other stats out. Just like the person who mention Kadri had similar #'s to Hall and Seguin in Juiors this year...Yea Kadri was also 2 years older than the two as well and took 4 years to get there. The difference between a 19 year olds and a 16 year olds are huge.

So look at those comparisons. Would you give up Luke Schenn and Kadri for any of those players? Bobby Ryan is also statistically better than Phil the Thrill (Phil PPG% .62 Bobby .77) and you guys gave up a bit for him too.

Last edited by IrishPaulie: 08-19-2010 at 07:42 AM.
IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice1815 View Post
IF this is actually true I would hope the Leafs can pull it off without Kadri. Kadri could end up being as good if not better than Ryan.

The price for Bobby Ryan would be high so if the Leafs could get it done for Schenn + Bozak + Kulimen + Gunnarson for Ryan + decent prospect I would be happy
Is this serious? Schenn, Bozak, Kulemin and Gunnarsson? We might as well start rebuilding all over again after that trade. I'm glad people from this board aren't running my team.

Ryan is only one player. One player can't win you games. Look at Ovechkin -- he's infinitely better than Ryan and he can't get his team (which is also infinitely better than Anaheim) far into the playoffs.

Kulemin alone is looking like a 20-goal, 50-point guy -- Ryan is a 30-goal, 60-point guy. Is it worth Schenn, Bozak and Gunnarsson for that small upgrade?

080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 07:40 AM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
Is this serious? Schenn, Bozak, Kulemin and Gunnarsson? We might as well start rebuilding all over again after that trade. I'm glad people from this board aren't running my team.

Ryan is only one player. One player can't win you games. Look at Ovechkin -- he's infinitely better than Ryan and he can't get his team (which is also infinitely better than Anaheim) far into the playoffs.

Kulemin alone is looking like a 20-goal, 50-point guy -- Ryan is a 30-goal, 60-point guy. Is it worth Schenn, Bozak and Gunnarsson for that small upgrade?
The problem is that all of the guys you list ; Schenn, Bozak and Gunnarsson aren't seen as having great value. At least they aren't seen as being much more than journeymen NHL'ers.

So you're talking about trading an elite player - Ryan, for a bunch of lesser value players. If Ducks fans aren't getting the quality, they at least want the quantity.

Otherwise why give up a player they - and most observers - see as an elite forward? There just aren't that many power forwards in the league.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote