HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

- Leafs/Ducks

Old
08-19-2010, 08:40 AM
sdawg1010*

vCash: 500
According to my sources within the Buffalo Sabres organization, the Tampa Bay Lightning are willing to part with C Vincent Lecavalier and D Victor Hedman to obtain the services of LW Thomas Vanek. Remember, you heard it here first!

sdawg1010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 08:48 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg1010 View Post
According to my sources within the Buffalo Sabres organization, the Tampa Bay Lightning are willing to part with C Vincent Lecavalier and D Victor Hedman to obtain the services of LW Thomas Vanek. Remember, you heard it here first!
Thank you for posting this is a thread about the Leafs and Ducks...

Anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
I prefer the Ducks to keep Ryan as long as he agrees to a 2 yr or 4 yr deal. However for discussion's sake, if the Ducks decide to move Ryan, how about:

Schenn, Caputi, Reimer and 2012 1st for Ryan ?
That's a tempting deal although I would prefer if Reimer was switched out for someone else, perhaps a guy like Ross or Blacker.

Edit: wait sorry, didn't see the 2012 1st. Change that to a 3rd. If we're giving up Schenn and a 1st nothing else would be added. I'd be happy with

Schenn, Caputi, Blacker 2012 3rd for Ryan

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 09:26 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

I call bull. chances of this actually happening - .01%

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 09:54 AM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman2408 View Post
Well we will have to agree to disagree then. Schenn had an amazing rookie season. Struggled first half of last season then was arguably our best D man for the last half.
I've seen quite enough of him to think he is something special. He is only 20 and playing the hardest position in the league and doing quite well at it.

Sorry but I don't think Ryan is worth Schenn and Kadri. I think he is highly overrated by many fans. Granted is a 35 goal scorer. Fine. he is also playing with some pretty talented linemates. I believe he is very very good. Not worth a Top 5 pick from the best deffensive draft that I can remember and another 7th overall pick who projects quite high himself. (could easily be a 70 point guy)

Schenn and Kadri>>>>>>> the the 2 1st rders and 2nd traded for Kessel.(before we knew 1 would be Sequin anyway) Not even close really.

As I said in an earlier post. This trade won't happen. Ryan too valuable to Ducks and NO way TO gives what they would ask if it is in fact Schenn and Kadri. IMO anyway.
So you wouldn't want to give up 2 prospects who odds are won't be as good as Ryan? How many 21 years olds that have 131 points in the NHL? Not many. And FYI I don't think you watch Ryan enough to say anything about his value. Bobby hasn't played alongside Getz and Perry as much as you would think. He actually tends to play better when he is carrying the load on the line. Not to knock the Leafs in anyway but if you guys acquired Bobby Ryan you would learn quite fast that he would be the best player in your organization.
I do agree with you that Ryan doesn't end up with Toronto.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:15 AM
MauDevils

This is a classic case of Eklund using a big market to up his hits.

If I'm Anaheim there is absolutely nothing the Leafs could even begin to offer me to get talks started about Bobby Ryan.

MauDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Woll Smoth

vCash: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post

If I'm Anaheim there is absolutely nothing the Leafs could even begin to offer me to get talks started about Bobby Ryan.
not sure about that
the leafs COULD trade any of Bozak, Schenn, Kadri and so on.

but

there is no combination of players, picks or prospects toronto would be willing to part with that would be enough to get ryan considering the lack of depth in the organization.

the leafs could acquire ryan, but at the same time would create 2 holes to fill one.

Woll Smoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:56 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post

Schenn, Kadri, Bozak, Gunnarsson, 1st round picks, Kessel, Kulemin.

Really? Out of all that stuff you don't think a deal could be made for Ryan?

Toronto has, without a doubt, enough talent to acquire Bobby Ryan. However I doubt that Burke is willing to part with enough of it to make a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
So you wouldn't want to give up 2 prospects who odds are won't be as good as Ryan? How many 21 years olds that have 131 points in the NHL? Not many.
You're right not many have accomplished that...including Bobby Ryan. He's currently 23.

Old
08-19-2010, 11:11 AM
bringthecuphome

As a Leafs fan, I wouldn't give up Schenn. There's no doubt in my mind that Schenn wouldn't even be enough to get Ryan, but I don't wanna give up on him. Could come back to bite us in the but big time. Kadri, on the other hand , but thats no nearly enough im guessing.

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:13 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringthecuphome View Post
As a Leafs fan, I wouldn't give up Schenn. There's no doubt in my mind that Schenn wouldn't even be enough to get Ryan, but I don't wanna give up on him. Could come back to bite us in the but big time. Kadri, on the other hand , but thats no nearly enough im guessing.
Given our current lack of top 6 prospects (even moreso for top 3 prospects) Kadri is worth more to the Leafs than Schenn, even if Schenn has more value to other NHL teams or will be a better player in the long run.

Old
08-19-2010, 11:22 AM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Schenn, Kadri, Bozak, Gunnarsson, 1st round picks, Kessel, Kulemin.

Really? Out of all that stuff you don't think a deal could be made for Ryan?

Toronto has, without a doubt, enough talent to acquire Bobby Ryan. However I doubt that Burke is willing to part with enough of it to make a deal.

You're right not many have accomplished that...including Bobby Ryan. He's currently 23.
he was 22 all the way till march

but regardless. how many 22 year olds have scored that much and look how much you would have to pay to get them. then amplify the fact that the ducks have no desire to trade him plus the fact that we have noone in the system that can take his place.

bottom line. we need bobby for the future more then we need schenn OR kadri.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:23 AM
RogerRoeper*

The Leafs can't afford to sign Bobby Ryan. The guy wants around 6 million per.

Schenn is going to have a monster season. He's up to 235 pounds.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:28 AM
gabeliscious

im sure if it came down to it something could be done.

gunnarson, kulemin and one of our better prospects not named schenn/kadri should be plenty in my opinion.

even if both gunnarson and kulemin get a raise it likely will be cheaper then what ryan will be making. (i assume he will be in the kessel range.)

i think it depends on IF the ducks are entertaining trading ryan and WHAT they are interested in coming back. i think if they wanted the 2012 1st burke would put it in play too.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:29 AM
veedubn1

I agree with most that the Leafs and Ducks are not the greatest trading partners.

I wonder if LA would like to get involved.

LA could get Schenn and a 2011 3rd round pick from Toronto to team up with his brother. The LA defense core would be stacked for the next decade, improves their team for this season and so long as they continue winning, pretty much ensures the Schenn Bros stick around.

The Ducks would get Simmonds, Hickey and a 2011 2nd round pick from Toronto. These guys have a bit of time before they're RFA's and won't be commanding the type of cash that Ryan turned down.

Leafs get Ryan.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:39 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
The Leafs can't afford to sign Bobby Ryan. The guy wants around 6 million per.

Schenn is going to have a monster season. He's up to 235 pounds.
I forgot about that old hockey adage: "The more you weigh the better player you are"

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:42 AM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
I agree with most that the Leafs and Ducks are not the greatest trading partners.

I wonder if LA would like to get involved.

LA could get Schenn and a 2011 3rd round pick from Toronto to team up with his brother. The LA defense core would be stacked for the next decade, improves their team for this season and so long as they continue winning, pretty much ensures the Schenn Bros stick around.

The Ducks would get Simmonds, Hickey and a 2011 2nd round pick from Toronto. These guys have a bit of time before they're RFA's and won't be commanding the type of cash that Ryan turned down.

Leafs get Ryan.

I would want a lot more than that if we are losing Ryan.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:43 AM
MauDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
gunnarson, kulemin and one of our better prospects not named schenn/kadri should be plenty in my opinion.
That's why it's your opinion. No way in hell Anaheim does that.

They aren't giving up a huge part of their team for expendable pieces of yours.

MauDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:06 PM
asian mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by defer View Post
Bobby ryan OHL stats: OHL totals 248 133 192 325 206

Kadri OHL stat:OHL totals 242 92 166 258 223

kadri: 1 30 goal season
Ryan: 3 30 goal seasons 1 40 goal season
ya u tell them and know what else leaf fans bobby ryan had a - rating each year but one ......and in the play offs his numbers where no were near kadri's take that...........wait what? (not to mention kadri LED his team on to win a ohl championship)

see i can pick and choose stats too

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...er.php?id=2998

no where am i saying that kadri is better then ryan im just saying he has just as much potiental to be something great. yes clearly bobby ryan is the better player now but dont undervalue a player because some of his stats are better. There not all that far off from each other.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...er.php?id=4566

asian mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:18 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by defer View Post
he was 22 all the way till march

but regardless. how many 22 year olds have scored that much and look how much you would have to pay to get them. then amplify the fact that the ducks have no desire to trade him plus the fact that we have noone in the system that can take his place.

bottom line. we need bobby for the future more then we need schenn OR kadri.
There's 20 active players who achieved the >=131 points in seasons at 22 or less.

The Leafs actually have 2 of the 20 players who have got that achievement (Kessel and Phaneuf).

The value of players goes from highest (Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin) to not actually that great (Wojtek Wolski). It's not a great list to get value from considering 131 points isn't actually that high.

Old
08-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Gunnarsson + Schenn + Kulimen for Ryan

Still dont think the Ducks would do it?

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 01:05 PM
itscameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg1010 View Post
LOL! that made me laugh because a lot of people who will see your post won't understand because they haven't seen the rumor generator

itscameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Tonka
Diggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Ryan >>>>>>>> Kadri
Ryan >>>>>>>> Schenn
Ryan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mid Pick
what are were you saying again?
Fine...then tell your GM to sign him if he's so good, and put an end to all this speculation.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice1815 View Post
Gunnarsson + Schenn + Kulimen for Ryan

Still dont think the Ducks would do it?
Yes, I still dont think the Ducks will do it. Decent though.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Burke6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That's basically what it would take to get Ryan. Anaheim will sit on him if they don't get cheap young talent, for Toronto it would cost 2 of Bozak/Kadri/Schenn and they simply don't have the prospect depth to do it.

I could see maybe St.Louis or another team with prospect depth doing that for Pietrangelo plus another decent young player, but they just lost Eller in the Halak trade.
I am not a Toronto fan, but if that is all it took I would do it. you could have Bozak/Kadri Schenn or Ryan/Schenn or Ryan/Kadri. I think Pairing Ryan with either Kadri or Schenn is better than having the other 3.

Burke6687 is offline   Reply With Quote