HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

July 1st and Q offers

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2004, 05:57 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
July 1st and Q offers

I am sure this was posted before.

All Q offers have to be in the hands of players/agents by mid on june 30th. Or on July 1st--players are UFA---Well---I think on July 1st--we will get a good idea of how legit teams are with the salery cap idea----Brad I in Edmonton is reportedly gone--what other teams and players will not get q-offers based upon the forth coming "new" CBA?

Brad I Edmonton--please add names

BTW

My appologies to whomever first posted this idea--I could not find it--so I decided to start a new topic

Old
05-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
I'd say Niklas Sundstrom is gone. 2M+ to qualify is way too much.

Old
05-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Kill 'Em All

- jason arnott
APRIL 22, 2004.
TORONTO STAR/WAYMORESPORTS.COM: claimed there are reports out of Dallas that the Stars might decide not to re-sign RFA centre Jason Arnott, who made $3.85 million this season, and could let the 29-year-old become a UFA. Arnott had a very good season but was a no-show in this year's playoffs.

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/default.html

- jason allison
according to cbc's Satellite Hotstove

- hall gill
29 MAY 2004.
- Kevin Allen yesterday reported the following:

- The Boston Bruins may not re-sign impending UFAs Glen Murray and Brian Rolston and might not make a qualifying offer to RFA defenceman Hal Gill.

APRIL 22, 2004.
BOSTON HERALD: Stephen Harris yesterday reported on the free agent decisions facing the Bruins this off-season. Management believes this year's free agent market will be flooded with players as many NHL teams cut payroll in anticipation of a salary cap in the next CBA, meaning those players the Bruins fail to re-sign might be replaced by more affordable, younger talent in the UFA market. Of the Bruins RFAs, Harris believes Joe Thornton, Sergei Samsonov and Andrew Raycroft will definitely get qualifying offers. So to might defenceman Sergei Gonchar, but he is an RFA with arbitration rights and if they cannot re-sign him might either try to trade him before July first or walk away from his salary arbitration award if it's higher than they wish to pay. RFAs Andy Delmore and Hal Gill likely won't get qualifying offers, making them unrestricted free agents.

Old
05-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
----Brad I in Edmonton is reportedly gone--
Who's reporting that the Oilers aren't going to qualify Isbister, got a link?
It's not farfetched or anything, but I wouldn't think it's an automatic move either....

Devereaux shouldn't be qualified by the Wings.

Old
05-31-2004, 12:20 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill 'Em All- [B
hall gill[/B]
29 MAY 2004.
- Kevin Allen yesterday reported the following:

- The Boston Bruins may not re-sign impending UFAs Glen Murray and Brian Rolston and might not make a qualifying offer to RFA defenceman Hal Gill.

[]
kp dupont reported in the globe today that OC said all bruins group II free agents would get qualifiers, including gill at 2 million.

Old
05-31-2004, 12:49 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Who's reporting that the Oilers aren't going to qualify Isbister, got a link?
It's not farfetched or anything, but I wouldn't think it's an automatic move either....

Devereaux shouldn't be qualified by the Wings.
No...way Devereaux is making 1.6 for what he does...which is nothing.

Old
05-31-2004, 12:51 AM
Street Hawk

Interesting Summer ahead....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
I am sure this was posted before.

All Q offers have to be in the hands of players/agents by mid on june 30th. Or on July 1st--players are UFA---Well---I think on July 1st--we will get a good idea of how legit teams are with the salery cap idea----Brad I in Edmonton is reportedly gone--what other teams and players will not get q-offers based upon the forth coming "new" CBA?

Brad I Edmonton--please add names

BTW

My appologies to whomever first posted this idea--I could not find it--so I decided to start a new topic
I would expect there to be a record number of RFAs that do not receive their QO. Given so much uncertainty with the CBA and knowing that other teams will let some of their RFAs walk as well, teams will decide that they can do better by grabbing some of the other guys that don't get their QO.

Dallas for instance, given their financial commitments to Modano, Geurin, Turgeon, and Turco have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 28 million or more committed to just these 4 guys. And with Hicks indicating a reduction in team payroll, Arnott could be a casualty of the cuts. I would also expect the Stars not to pick up the option on Numinen's contract.

It's hard to say who won't get qualified, but pretty much all of the top level players, like Thornton and company will get their QOs. Most of those guys don't have bloated contracts.

Real interesting one is Chris Pronger in St. Louis. He made 9.5 million, which would be his QO for the summer. Most reporters, have indicated that the Blues want Pronger to sign a long term deal at a reduced annual salary. However, I can't see the logic of that from Pronger's perspective. I mean, to take a paycut to be on a championship calibre team is one thing, but it's another thing to take a paycut if the team's chances of winning are not enhanced by Pronger taking less money. Are they going to spend that 2 million dollars on someone else? No, I think the Blues have indicated that they want to cut payroll. So, they're not going to respend the savings from MacInnis's likely retirement or possibly not qualify Demitra. Pronger, if he wanted to could dare the Blues not to Qualify him. Can't see the Blues doing that. At least the Ducks picked up Fedorov at a lower rate than what Kariya made. Can the Blues pick up a Dman anywhere near Pronger if they let him walk? No.... They pretty much have to qualify him.

Old
06-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Kill 'Em All

eric cairn may not be given a qualifying offer.

Quote:
It's expected the club will try to retain veteran goalie Garth Snow as a backup for Rick DiPietro, but fellow impending UFAs like Eric Cairns and Cliff Ronning likely won't be returning to the Islanders.
according to this site, http://www.geocities.com/floridapant.../free2004.html eric cairns is a RFA, not a UFA.

Closed Thread