HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston and Nashville (Krejci)

Old
08-18-2010, 11:11 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Boston and Nashville (Krejci)

First off, just wanted to say that I thought Krejci and Erat would be amazing together! If we can get another solid Czech mate to play with Marty, like Krejci, that would be fantastic!

When I first hear the rumour that Nashville may be making a trade with a NE team, I immediately thought of Krejci!

What would it take for us to acquire him from the B's?

I was thinking something along these lines,

To Boston,

CO Roussel, Kevin Klein and a 2nd round pick

To Nashville,

David Krejci

I looked at hockeysfuture.com and saw that the Bruins were not exactly "stacked" with solid defense prospects, plus I figured a guy like Kevin Klein would fit in nicely on their blueline, and who doesnt want a 2nd round pick??

On Preds side,

They give up solid defense prospect but have enough of them to make up for loss, plus if Klein goes that means more time for Blum, Josi, and Franson which I like the sounds of! Then they get the top 6 guy they need to badly! and Marty Erat calls Poile and says he loves him!! Then the two countrymen take over on the ice!!

Any thoughts??? Is value fair-ish??

Is the B's would want offense back instead of defense, they can always make a pitch for Dumont/Krejci deal. But I like my offer!

Nashville forward lines would be sweet!

Erat Lombardi Krejci
Hornqvist Wilson Sullivan
Kostitsyn Legwand Ward
Tootoo Goc O'Reilly/Andersson

Then preds let Smithson go and use Spaling as top call-up!

Finally a lethal top 6!!

and we could drop this Patrick O'Sullivan stuff! lol

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 11:19 PM
FROMSHORETOCHARA

[QUOTE=lightning_legwand;27441483]First off, just wanted to say that I thought Krejci and Erat would be amazing together! If we can get another solid Czech mate to play with Marty, like Krejci, that would be fantastic!

When I first hear the rumour that Nashville may be making a trade with a NE team, I immediately thought of Krejci!

To Boston,

To Nashville,

David Krejci

No offense but bruins don't even consider this deal, or for dumont either. Bruins love krejci and it is believed that they consider him a high charachter #1, #1A center in the making. This isn't even close value and believe me you can ask any bruin's fan, I am no homer when it comes to player eval.

There is only one player in nashville Krejci would be traded for, weber. And yes, I know nash wouldn't do it but Krecji plus plus from Boston for Weber is the only way he is ever wearing a preds uniform. IMO, bruins trade savie and bergy long before they deal krejci. And no, I wouldn't trade bergy for that package either.

FROMSHORETOCHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 11:24 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMSHORETOCHARA View Post
[QUOTE=lightning_legwand;27441483]First off, just wanted to say that I thought Krejci and Erat would be amazing together! If we can get another solid Czech mate to play with Marty, like Krejci, that would be fantastic!

To Boston,

To Nashville,

David Krejci

No offense but bruins don't even consider this deal, or for dumont either. Bruins love krejci and it is believed that they consider him a high charachter #1, #1A center in the making. This isn't even close value and believe me you can ask any bruin's fan, I am no homer when it comes to player eval.

There is only one player in nashville Krejci would be traded for, weber. And yes, I know nash wouldn't do it but Krecji plus plus from Boston for Weber is the only way he is ever wearing a preds uniform. IMO, bruins trade savie and bergy long before they deal krejci. And no, I wouldn't trade bergy for that package either.

To Preds,

Krejci

To B's,

Cody Franson and a 2nd

Better??

Preds think Franson can be a top defenseman, and the B's should take this deal because preds seem to have pretty good luck with big young defensemen.

If cost is more, forget it, Erat will be a lone Czech again...

Also,

Weber to get Krejci??

Old
08-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Serpico4ever

Counter:

To BOS:

Patric Hornqvist F

To Cashville:

Yuri Alexandrov D
Dan Paille F
BOS '11 2nd

See how bad it looks from the other end? I like C-O Roussel but that was a terrible proposal on your part.

You prolly won't get Krejci, but maybe Blake Wheeler and Jordan Caron for COR and Hornqvist would be more likely. I know you're trying to do the Czech thing, so if something like this is a no go then you should try for Hemsky.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
First off, just wanted to say that I thought Krejci and Erat would be amazing together! If we can get another solid Czech mate to play with Marty, like Krejci, that would be fantastic!

To Boston,

To Nashville,

David Krejci

I looked at hockeysfuture.com and saw that the Bruins were not exactly "stacked" with solid defense prospects, plus I figured a guy like Kevin Klein would fit in nicely on their blueline, and who doesnt want a 2nd round pick??

On Preds side,

They give up solid defense prospect but have enough of them to make up for loss, plus if Klein goes that means more time for Blum, Josi, and Franson which I like the sounds of! Then they get the top 6 guy they need to badly! and Marty Erat calls Poile and says he loves him!! Then the two countrymen take over on the ice!!

Any thoughts??? Is value fair-ish??

Is the B's would want offense back instead of defense, they can always make a pitch for Dumont/Krejci deal. But I like my offer!

Nashville forward lines would be sweet!

Erat Lombardi Krejci
Hornqvist Wilson Sullivan
Kostitsyn Legwand Ward
Tootoo Goc O'Reilly/Andersson

Then preds let Smithson go and use Spaling as top call-up!

Finally a lethal top 6!!

and we could drop this Patrick O'Sullivan stuff! lol
He's actually a center

I really love Krejci and I really think he's going to continue to get better. That said, no harm in playing along with this. I like trading him for a D-man. We have three great centers (provided that Savard stays) and Seguin is looking to break the roster. To be honest, I don't watch too much Nashville play so I don't know much about some of your roster. Apparently Suter is close to untouchable. Would you look into something like...

TO NASHVILLE
Krejci
BOS 2nd

TO BOS
Ryan Suter

Don't flame too hard, just wondering if it's fair value

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 11:32 PM
FROMSHORETOCHARA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
To Preds,

Krejci

To B's,

Cody Franson and a 2nd

Better??

Preds think Franson can be a top defenseman, and the B's should take this deal because preds seem to have pretty good luck with big young defensemen.

If cost is more, forget it, Erat will be a lone Czech again...

Also,

Weber to get Krejci??

I tried to make it clear that I know nashville doesn't trade weber for even Krejic plus -

all I am trying to tell you is boston is not trading a guy who they think can be a number 1 center - with high effort and good two way game - for anything but weber, maybe suter plus.

First of all, contending teams don't trade a guy who might be their best forward for a good - but far from your best D prospect - and a 2nd round pick. They wouldn't do it for any of the picks/players you mentioned plus a #1 pick. We aren't looking to trade krejci.

The teams just don't match up for a krejci deal.

FROMSHORETOCHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:15 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think there is any chance Boston moves Krejci. Much in the same way the 2 people Boston would want if they did move Krejci would be Weber or Sutter.

So now lets move on to a more academic exercise, since it won't happen

I think the Nashville offer would have to start with Blum, and build up from there.

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:30 AM
denkiteki

The Bs are likely in a win now mode so the prospects are really NOT what they are looking for... which is why if the Preds want Krejci, the return needs to be either Weber or Suter (of course the Bs will be adding and the amount required would be debatable but it doesn't matter since there's no way the Preds would trade either).

Basically its a you got to give to get type of thing and the Bs are less likely to want prospect than the Preds (since the Preds are known to build from within since they can't spend to the cap while the Bs can and will spend to the cap and have a cup favorite as it is). I'm not a fan of either team so this isn't bias but rather just how i look at it.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMSHORETOCHARA View Post

I tried to make it clear that I know nashville doesn't trade weber for even Krejic plus -

all I am trying to tell you is boston is not trading a guy who they think can be a number 1 center - with high effort and good two way game - for anything but weber, maybe suter plus.

First of all, contending teams don't trade a guy who might be their best forward for a good - but far from your best D prospect - and a 2nd round pick. They wouldn't do it for any of the picks/players you mentioned plus a #1 pick. We aren't looking to trade krejci.

The teams just don't match up for a krejci deal.

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 09:21 AM
mikelvl

The only center that I would see the B's dealing is Savard. And they may take pick(s) and prospect(s) for him as they need to dump salary. If you want to make a proposal for Savvy and his $4m cap hit, then you are closer to reality. But Krecji is pretty close to untouchable at this point.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 09:28 AM
BostonAJ

Message board trade proposals that involve a 2nd round draft pick are always uninteresting to the fans getting the pick.

How about David Krejci for Ryan Suter straight up? I guess it depends on if you think Krejci is a legit 70 point player.

BostonAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 09:37 AM
MTaylorJ1

I think you could probably build a reasonable hockey value trade between these two teams involving Krejci and Suter. Both teams dealing from a position of strength to fill an organizational need.

That being said, one of the big reasons I think Nashville doesn't trade Suter is less hockey value, and more what he means to their fans as a growing hockey market. The fans (and I'm sure the FO knows this) have identified with Suter, and trading him without getting back a universally known player (Krejci, while extremely talented, wouldn't fit that mold) in return, probably doesn't happen.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Oates2Neely

To BOS:
Weber

To NSH:
Seguin
TOR 1st 2011
Sturm
Knight

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:49 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

If Nashville traded Suter I would expect a better return than Krejci.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:02 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
To BOS:
Weber

To NSH:
Seguin
TOR 1st 2011
Sturm
Knight
wow, that would be a crazy deal

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:03 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
If Nashville traded Suter I would expect a better return than Krejci.
When you say that, do you mean you'd expect Krejci+ or do you mean to say you'd expect a better individual player that would help the Preds compete now?

If it's the former, what would that + be in your mind.

If it's the latter, who are some examples of players you think Suter could bring back in a trade that are more valuable?

That's not saying I completely disagree, just curious to see the Nashville fans side of things.

Old
08-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

The problem with just about every proposal involving the Predators is that Weber and Suter are completely untouchable, and fans of other teams tend to be underwhelmed by counters of other assets in the Nashville stable. They tend to go nowhere, and fast.

Offhand, OP, you'd probably need to start including the likes of Blum, or Franson, or Wilson into the equation for Krejci.

Boston fans, you'd probably need to include Seguin to talk about Weber or Suter... and there is no guarantee that's going to do it. In any case, those two are franchise guys.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:14 PM
predfan24

Terrible for the B's.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:16 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
When you say that, do you mean you'd expect Krejci+ or do you mean to say you'd expect a better individual player that would help the Preds compete now?

If it's the former, what would that + be in your mind.

If it's the latter, who are some examples of players you think Suter could bring back in a trade that are more valuable?

That's not saying I completely disagree, just curious to see the Nashville fans side of things.
When I say that I mean a better hockey player as the return, nothing against Krejci I'd just expect a better return.

I think Suter is a top 10 defenseman, I'd expect the player coming back to be equally valuable.

I think the team that gets the best player wins the trade for the most part, so adding a 3rd liner or late pick does nothing for me, personally.

Old
08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Most fans have a pretty solid grasp on Weber's value to the Predators, but many more underrate how much the franchise and fans value Suter. That value is probably a lot higher than you believe it is, and he's about as untouchable. The organization plans to re-up both of them.

Old
08-19-2010, 12:21 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
When I say that I mean a better hockey player as the return, nothing against Krejci I'd just expect a better return.

I think Suter is a top 10 defenseman, I'd expect the player coming back to be equally valuable.

I think the team that gets the best player wins the trade for the most part, so adding a 3rd liner or late pick does nothing for me, personally.
Late pick meaning late rounds? What if hypothetically it was MIN's 2011 2nd or BOS 2012 1st?

I think it's a fair assessment otherwise. Do you feel confident that Nashville with a limited internal budget is going to be able to lock up Weber as an RFA and Suter as a UFA in the next 2 years?

*Not to say they can't, I personally don't know, and I hate when outside fans try to tell you what my team can/can't afford to do, so I wouldn't want to do it myself.

Old
08-19-2010, 12:28 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Our new owners came out and said this summer that Shea Weber and Ryan Suter would both be Predators for a very long time, so yes I think we can afford both, since the owners are saying we can.

Also, we've not heard what the internal budget is now, alot of finacial hurldes have been overcome already with the new ownership group so I really have no idea what the "internal budget" is, although, I'm sure they're remain fiscally responsible.

I'm sure if the offer was Krejci and Boston's first in 2012 Nashville would listen but in the end, the best player is still more than likely going to be Ryan Suter, and that's who I would prefer.

Old
08-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Yes. The plan in Nashville is to re-sign both Weber and Suter and build around them both, going forward.

Old
08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
To BOS:
Weber

To NSH:
Seguin
TOR 1st 2011
Sturm
Knight
we don't need Weber THAT much.

I don't see Krejci being moved, I'm pretty sure the team sees him as the future #1 center here along w/ Seguin

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:46 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
Counter:

To BOS:

Patric Hornqvist F

To Cashville:

Yuri Alexandrov D
Dan Paille F
BOS '11 2nd

See how bad it looks from the other end? I like C-O Roussel but that was a terrible proposal on your part.

You prolly won't get Krejci, but maybe Blake Wheeler and Jordan Caron for COR and Hornqvist would be more likely. I know you're trying to do the Czech thing, so if something like this is a no go then you should try for Hemsky.
Our leading scorer from last season for a bunch of nothing basically? not a chance.

Last edited by lightning_legwand*: 08-19-2010 at 01:51 PM.