HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary Trade Coming Tomorrow Morning

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Dogbert*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature6pk View Post
This is HFBoards and all but when your source doesn't have credibility even here, why are you posting this thread unless you're just looking for people to take cheap shots at the Flames?
So we can all take cheap shots at Eklund. Same as every Eklund thread.

Old
08-19-2010, 11:52 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

If true, it's probably linked to Mitchell supposedly making his decision tomorrow. My homer guess: if Mitchell chooses a team other than LA, Lombardi pulls the trigger on Regehr.

Old
08-19-2010, 11:54 PM
a pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Why give him the exposure?

Old
08-19-2010, 11:56 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
If true, it's probably linked to Mitchell supposedly making his decision tomorrow. My homer guess: if Mitchell chooses a team other than LA, Lombardi pulls the trigger on Regehr.
Yeah, i can see this

Old
08-19-2010, 11:57 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
he deserves everyone of them

hes a hockey "evangelist" just spouting off rumors the "source gods" tell him from above... and actually tries to charge for it on his site.

no one believes him but he keeps telling us he has info to the truth: that sounds like evangelism to me.

Old
08-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Jimmy McNulty

This is interesting because I just checked with my source, and he said that there probably will not be a Calgary trade tomorrow morning but he had no other info to give me. I will stay up for another hour but I will otherwise update in the morning.

Quote:
That's not a bad guess at all, actually.

Old
08-20-2010, 12:07 AM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 227
Eklund is getting paid for this ****

Old
08-20-2010, 12:14 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

bringing Prust back?

Old
08-20-2010, 12:18 AM
seanlinden

Sarich going to a team that missed out on Mitchell??

Flames really shouldn't entertain the idea of trading Regehr unless it's a huge overpayment.

Old
08-20-2010, 12:18 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

So the tool wants you to check his site repeatedly up until 1 AM and then check it again a few more times in the morning since he won't update anything tonight...

Old
08-20-2010, 12:21 AM
FLaMeRss

langkow+kronwall+pick for de hann+pick (just a minor deal)

Old
08-20-2010, 12:21 AM
TMLeafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto View Post
Wtf? Why is Darren Dreger following Eklund on Twitter?
Because Dreger likes a joke here and there too.

Old
08-20-2010, 12:23 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

What's the over/under on Eklunds headline tommorow:

"Calgary trade falls through!... The Calgary Flames had an interesting trade lined up but it fell through in the weee hours of the morning.

The team interest is an NHL club.

I cannot give specifics.

Dominos."

Old
08-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
This.

Old
08-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

haha, you guys really lay into this eklund guy

Old
08-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Eklund is such a friggin' tool. So something may or may not happen. Stay tuned. What a piece of work.

Old
08-20-2010, 12:34 AM
saillias

vCash: 50
This guarantees it: Calgary trade not happening now or in the immediate future. Team roster will probably stand pat, maybe until the deadline way off in 2011.

Old
08-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Elever
Hth

I'm gonna continue the Sutter bashing in this thread:

Tim Erixon for David Koci!

Meh I don't even wanna visit hockeybuzz.com anymore because of Eklund, stick to TSN or Sportsnet or something.

Old
08-20-2010, 12:36 AM
SDig14

It is a rare occurence, but actually hoping Eklund has stumbled upon one of his rare findings here and that Regehr is involved...get him the **** out of the NW division and away from Hemsky

Old
thrillermiller89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
What's the over/under on Eklunds headline tommorow:

"Calgary trade falls through!... The Calgary Flames had an interesting trade lined up but it fell through in the weee hours of the morning.

The team interest is an NHL club.

I cannot give specifics.

Dominos."
this made me bust up laughing

i need stitches now, thanks bro lolololololol hahahahahaha

eklund....what a boob

but u never know, perhaps he's right on this one

Old
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
People take cheap shots and trash our team/players in any thread even remotely related to the Flames, so what few of us remain here and put up with this crap are used to it by now.

Gotta have some pretty thick skin to be a Calgary fan on HF these days.
meh i don't really feel sorry for you guys, you happen to be in a canadian market so ya you're under the microscope much more, but every fan base gets flack around here depending on what your team is going through.. your GM has made some questionable moves (and i don't think many can really disagree with that) so you're the flavor of the summer to pick on.. but there are plenty of fan bases that get it just as bad if not worse
the only fan base i kind of feel sorry for is toronto because they get it ALL THE TIME from every side whether it's warranted or not.
my advice, don't get so worked up over what people on the internet have to say about your hockey team and just cheer them on every time they go out on the ice, and hope they prove everyone wrong

Old
08-20-2010, 12:37 AM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
bringing Prust back?
Rypien sure hopes so.

Old
08-20-2010, 12:46 AM
mrdonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
meh i don't really feel sorry for you guys, you happen to be in a canadian market so ya you're under the microscope much more, but every fan base gets flack around here depending on what your team is going through.. your GM has made some questionable moves (and i don't think many can really disagree with that) so you're the flavor of the summer to pick on.. but there are plenty of fan bases that get it just as bad if not worse
the only fan base i kind of feel sorry for is toronto because they get it ALL THE TIME from every side whether it's warranted or not.
my advice, don't get so worked up over what people on the internet have to say about your hockey team and just cheer them on every time they go out on the ice, and hope they prove everyone wrong
Questionable moves from a PR standpoint sure, but on the ice I have no problem with Jokinen at 3 million and Tanguay at 1.7. I don't even really mind Kotalik as a player, overpaid though he is. I guess I just don't get why this site has the Flames consistently pegged as a surefire lottery team when they had pretty much everything go wrong for them last year and they still had 90 points. At this point though I don't really care what this site has to say because very few will actually take the time to discuss or think about these kinds of things, they just want to point and laugh at the funny man who re-signed Olli Jokinen and therefore drove his team into the ground (don't ask me how that logic works).

Old
08-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Avery4Byng*

Regehr + Iginla+ Bouwmeester

for

Kadri + Kessel

Old
08-20-2010, 01:02 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
Questionable moves from a PR standpoint sure, but on the ice I have no problem with Jokinen at 3 million and Tanguay at 1.7. I guess I just don't get why this site has the Flames pegged as a surefire lottery team when they had pretty much everything go wrong for them last year and they still had 90 points. At this point though I don't really care what this site has to say because very few will actually take the time to discuss or think about these kinds of things, they just want to point and laugh at the funny man who re-signed Olli Jokinen and therefore drove his team into the ground (don't ask me how that logic works).
The 2 moves you mentioned are the least questionable deals Sutter has made....he traded a #1 centre in Jokinen out of desparation b/c he was losing chemistry with Iginla, traded him for an awful contract and less than motivated player in Kotalik and Higgins who has been frankly playing pretty bad for quite some time, basically comes out and says that Jokinen didn't fit the team and had character issues, and then signs him the next summer thinking that he will all of a sudden become a different player/person?

He then traded Aaron Johnson AND a pick for Steve Staios...who has a less than desirable contract and is declining in play

He traded Phaneuf for spare parts (White is actually good, and Stajan is respectable...but not a lot of return)...while I agree Phaneuf became replaceable with very good play from Giordano and that Phaneuf's contract needed to be moved, I think Sutter moved him prematurely and didn't really seek out a ton of options

We could get into him trading away first round picks, prospects, etc. or letting the only pure scorer that has ever had good chemistry in the last couple years with Iggy go for nothing, but that's not that recent

With all that being said, even if this weren't true I'm sure flames fans would still be bashed (just like every other fanbase)...the Oilers had as much or more stuff go wrong last year with our starting goalie hurt, best player go down, massive flu affecting the majority of the team, our best offensive d-man hurt...500+ man games lost to injury and playing with AHL goalies...all that and every projection I have seen has us still last place in the West...so it is what it is

Closed Thread