HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville claims Reid Boucher

Old
12-03-2016, 11:15 AM
No Team Needed

vCash: 500
Nashville claims Reid Boucher

@FriedgeHNIC
25s
NASH claims Reid Boucher from NJ

23 year old, 4th rounder, two assists in 9 games for New Jersey.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
11 goals and 18 assists in 82 games. I've seen worse stats for a waiver pickup but I'm sure there's a reason he was there to begin with

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 11:41 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
11 goals and 18 assists in 82 games. I've seen worse stats for a waiver pickup but I'm sure there's a reason he was there to begin with
Reading NJ it seems he was a well liked prospect who had some good aspects to his game but he was weak defensively and a bit too slow for the Devils current gameplan. I guess a lot was hoping he'd make it through waivers. A lot of back and forth on whether he's NHL calibre or AHL calibre.

A lot of people knew his name after playing with Galchenyuk in Sarnia.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I think he was waived so Hall can come off IR

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 11:43 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 143
warm body while we have all our injuries, almost certainly better than Liambas. Interested to know if he was here for the game and just switched locker rooms??

12-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Ranskyre

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
warm body while we have all our injuries, almost certainly better than Liambas. Interested to know if he was here for the game and just switched locker rooms??
This was my first thought as well..."Well, since you're already here..."

Ranskyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
I saw Boucher play a decent amount in Albany and of course with New Jersey. I was always a big fan of him and I think he can carve out a role for himself in the NHL.

His biggest weakness is skating, as his top end speed and lateral mobility are both bad. Poor skating ability and a small stature are a tough combination to overcome in the NHL. However, Boucher's shot is world class and he has very good offensive instincts. Could carve out a nice niche for himself on the powerplay. He'll never be the engine that drives a line, but I think he would look nice next to someone like Ribeiro.

Oh yeah, and despite Boucher's small stature, he's actually very strong. Once every four of five game some defenseman will try to step up on Boucher and get the worst of it because of Boucher's stocky frame.

I hope he plays today!

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 12:36 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
nice depth pick up. I thought the Devs would keep him for depth purposes, also considering Cammalleri isn't getting any younger.

Fits this team actually a bit more than some would know.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
I saw Boucher play a decent amount in Albany and of course with New Jersey. I was always a big fan of him and I think he can carve out a role for himself in the NHL.

His biggest weakness is skating, as his top end speed and lateral mobility are both bad. Poor skating ability and a small stature are a tough combination to overcome in the NHL. However, Boucher's shot is world class and he has very good offensive instincts. Could carve out a nice niche for himself on the powerplay. He'll never be the engine that drives a line, but I think he would look nice next to someone like Ribeiro.

Oh yeah, and despite Boucher's small stature, he's actually very strong. Once every four of five game some defenseman will try to step up on Boucher and get the worst of it because of Boucher's stocky frame.

I hope he plays today!
Sounds a little like Ryan Ellis when he started here, hopefully he can pick up a few things from him, despite being a defenseman instead of a winger.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Billdo

vCash: 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
nice depth pick up. I thought the Devs would keep him for depth purposes, also considering Cammalleri isn't getting any younger.

Fits this team actually a bit more than some would know.
He will fit in nicely with Nashville as long as they use him correctly. We couldn't offer more than 4th line mins and there are others that are behind him pushing too. I would've preferred to keep him. However, there's no room, and probably even less next year. I hope he does well for you guys, his shot is incredible.

Billdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 01:45 PM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

I was hoping Poile would make a claim, we could use more young forwards especially with Smith or Wilson gone in the expansion. Low risk, high reward.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Billdo

vCash: 6500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
I was hoping Poile would make a claim, we could use more young forwards especially with Smith or Wilson gone in the expansion. Low risk, high reward.
Boucher will be available for expansion as well unless you protect him which I'd imagine you wouldn't.

Billdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

He has a really good shot, but you need to cater him with some playmakers because his skating and D is not that good.

I think there is a NHL role in the right system and he has the ability to score at a decent clip.

He just doesn't fit with us. We are trying to get faster and he is quite slow.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 05:42 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
He has a really good shot, but you need to cater him with some playmakers because his skating and D is not that good.

I think there is a NHL role in the right system and he has the ability to score at a decent clip.

He just doesn't fit with us. We are trying to get faster and he is quite slow.
Then I can only assume that Poile feels we have enough speed to compensate

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
My exact thought as well. We're gonna lose a winger next summer so it's good we're trying to replace that player already although not with quality but with quantity.

Scoresberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2016, 09:41 AM
nomorekids
The original, baby

he only played 7 minutes in his debut, but he certainly didn't show much in limited viewing.

12-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontCallPlayersStuds View Post
he only played 7 minutes in his debut, but he certainly didn't show much in limited viewing.
He showed enough for Lavy to give him some time on the top line.

Old
12-05-2016, 06:28 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
@FriedgeHNIC
25s
NASH claims Reid Boucher from NJ

23 year old, 4th rounder, two assists in 9 games for New Jersey.
I was listening to the Admirals Center Ice radio program on the way home from work.

Paul Fenton likes this guy! He scored 8 G and 11 A in 39 games last season for the NJ Devils. He was -13, so his defense needs a little work, but I will take 0.5 points a game on my team any day, especially from a person who would be considered an NHL rookie, since he only had 34 NHL games under his belt before last year.

The show also mentioned that Salomaki will be out for an "extended period".

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2016, 06:30 PM
glenngineer

Not impressed by anything he did yesterday. Aberg plays a much better game. The only thing I noticed was the kid has a great wrist shot and that was in warmups. Just looked lost out there.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Not impressed by anything he did yesterday. Aberg plays a much better game. The only thing I noticed was the kid has a great wrist shot and that was in warmups. Just looked lost out there.
It was also his first time skating with the team and system. There was no morning skate and no practices before he played. He basically went from the visiting New Jersey locker room to the home Predators locker room and was thrown into the mix without a single practice. Of course he looked bad. He was setup for failure.

Old
12-05-2016, 06:47 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
He showed enough for Lavy to give him some time on the top line.
He may be working his way down the lines until they find one where he fits!

While he doesn't have impressive stats, he could be a 15 - 20 goal scorer, meaning 11 or 12 goals in the remaining 70% of this season, if he continues his scoring pace set last season with New Jersey. (8 goals divided by 39 games times 58 games remaining = 11.89 goals).

The Preds have 71 goals in 24 games, averaging 2.96 and being third out of seven in their division. They could use some help in lighting the red lamp. What else is new?

Glenn is correct that Boucher isn't Gordie Howe. He may not be Mark or Marty either.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2016, 10:38 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
It was also his first time skating with the team and system. There was no morning skate and no practices before he played. He basically went from the visiting New Jersey locker room to the home Predators locker room and was thrown into the mix without a single practice. Of course he looked bad. He was setup for failure.
I get that but it's like he'd never played hockey either. Just didn't have a clue of where to be on the ice. There are some basics that every player should know and where to be. There are also instincts and while I agree he was set up to fail, he didn't go to spots where a natural goal scorer would go. We'll see if this continues or if a practice or two will actually help with his game.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2016, 09:28 AM
OmNomNom
A Hall New World

devs fan here, boucher has and has always had a great shot, but our knock on him constantly was that he's not a great skater. there was also someone on our boards pointing out that it had seemed like he had lost weight a year ago, but it seems to have come back on now. that being said, i hope he proves us wrong and does well for you - he's a great kid. but we as a fanbase see why he was waived. at worst though, you'll have someone who can kill it in the AHL, where there's a bit more time to get yourself into a position to score goals

OmNomNom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmNomNom View Post
devs fan here, boucher has and has always had a great shot, but our knock on him constantly was that he's not a great skater. there was also someone on our boards pointing out that it had seemed like he had lost weight a year ago, but it seems to have come back on now. that being said, i hope he proves us wrong and does well for you - he's a great kid. but we as a fanbase see why he was waived. at worst though, you'll have someone who can kill it in the AHL, where there's a bit more time to get yourself into a position to score goals
So you're saying he's tubby? Hot chicken may or may not cure that. Depends on his constitution.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote