HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why does this bother me so much?

Old
01-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Persona5

vCash: 500
Why does this bother me so much?

The headline on ESPN from last nights Ducks game reads "Corey Perry hat trick puts Ducks back atop NHL standings". I know the Ducks now have 62 points just like the Predators but they have more games played so they are not the top team in the NHL right now... It just seems like our Predators get zero respect around the hockey world. I even watched a full hour of highlights on NHL network and saw nothing about the game against Vancouver. I don't know why but man does it bother me that no matter what this team does they really seem to get little to no respect at all...

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 04:56 PM
GeauxPreds

The less respect we get the less we have to hear people complaining that we are overrated. It's a blessing in disguise.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

There's at least a 40% chance that no one at ESPN not named John Buccigross knows who the Nashville Predators are.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
The headline on ESPN from last nights Ducks game reads "Corey Perry hat trick puts Ducks back atop NHL standings". I know the Ducks now have 62 points just like the Predators but they have more games played so they are not the top team in the NHL right now... It just seems like our Predators get zero respect around the hockey world. I even watched a full hour of highlights on NHL network and saw nothing about the game against Vancouver. I don't know why but man does it bother me that no matter what this team does they really seem to get little to no respect at all...
Why?

But in all seriousness why use ESPN as your go to for sports journalism

I'd much rather drink bleach then use them

and one other thing ... grow thicker skin

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
The less respect we get the less we have to hear people complaining that we are overrated. It's a blessing in disguise.
Amen. Rather come in under the radar than attract the overhype train.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 05:55 PM
thecloser

this is true. I don't want us to get tons of spotlight treatment but I think it would be nice to hear some stuff about us when we're playing well like we are.

A highlight hear or there and maybe some love for our rook!

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 06:36 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Using points and only using GPs as a tiebreaker is a stupid way to rank teams in the standings. Baseball, Football, and Basketball use win percentage and "Games Out". Both adjust for an uneven amount of games played. Hockey's approach is irritating and misleading.

It all evens out in the end but it forces the observer to do mental gymnastics to figure out who's really ahead of who.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 07:31 PM
PredsFanFromla

The Nashville Predators are never gonna get the respect that they deserve ,especially not from the canada media.If the preds ever won a stanley cup the rest of the NHL might go into depression,because they know that could use the term the preds are never gonna win a stanley cup any more

PredsFanFromla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 07:57 PM
Predarat

They are getting a lot more talk around some of the Nashville sports stations that typicially just talk about the essss ayyyeee seee and NFL. As for ESPN, **** 'em, go on a deep playoff run and all that is bantha fodder.

Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predarat View Post
They are getting a lot more talk around some of the Nashville sports stations that typicially just talk about the essss ayyyeee seee and NFL. As for ESPN, **** 'em, go on a deep playoff run and all that is bantha fodder.
Paul Kuharsky, is that you?

Old
01-15-2015, 08:07 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
The Nashville Predators are never gonna get the respect that they deserve ,especially not from the canada media.If the preds ever won a stanley cup the rest of the NHL might go into depression,because they know that could use the term the preds are never gonna win a stanley cup any more
Eh, you know how that is--they'd turn it into "twice" after that.

We got some good press when we got to the second round, particularly against Vancouver. I think the majority of the league has turned a corner on us and wants us to succeed rather than fail.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Predarat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Paul Kuharsky, is that you?
I was saying that long before he did, at least before he was on the radio. Hell he probably stole it from me.

Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2015, 07:51 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Watching NHL tonight on the network and 50 minutes in and still no Predators highlights. Lots of love for the Ducks, Nucks, Isles, Rangers, and Jets. Finally they interviewed Lavy and showed the Trotz video.

Edit they actually opened the show with the Predators

Last edited by Gnashville: 01-17-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2015, 08:53 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

ESPN Radio was doing one of its Sportscenter Express bits. "The New York Islanders were the first NHL team to 30 wins this year..." which, of course, was disingenuous because the only reason why the Islanders claimed that mark was because the Predators game wasn't finished yet.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2015, 10:03 AM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
ESPN Radio was doing one of its Sportscenter Express bits. "The New York Islanders were the first NHL team to 30 wins this year..." which, of course, was disingenuous because the only reason why the Islanders claimed that mark was because the Predators game wasn't finished yet.
In all likelihood they used that stat because so many of the east coast puppets that listen to ESPN would get the significance of the Islanders being good for once.

(side note: good for them)