HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alabama Predator fans

Old
01-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Panic at the Back

vCash: 500
Alabama Predator fans

Just checking how many Preds fans we have in Bama.

Panic at the Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2016, 05:30 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

My sister doesn't post here but she's a fan from Rogersville.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Panic at the Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I'm in Athens, so practically neighbors.

Old
01-02-2016, 09:28 PM
AL-Canadian

My wife and I are in McCalla and there are a good many Predator fans at the University of Montevallo where I teach.

AL-Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Panic at the Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian View Post
My wife and I are in McCalla and there are a good many Predator fans at the University of Montevallo where I teach.
Very cool! that's about 2 hours south of me in Athens.

Old
01-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

My mother lives in Athens, but at 82 she doesn't come to any games these days. Watches them, though--I think it's more in case she might see me in the crowd than actual interest, but hey, a viewer is a viewer, right?

Old
01-02-2016, 10:23 PM
MrJoshua

I'm in Decatur, and know a few others here and in Huntsville.

MrJoshua is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Panic at the Back

Quote:
My mother lives in Athens, but at 82 she doesn't come to any games these days. Watches them, though--I think it's more in case she might see me in the crowd than actual interest, but hey, a viewer is a viewer, right?
That's cool!

My mom became a basketball fan taking me to Jazz games when I was a kid. New Orleans Jazz....

Old
01-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Panic at the Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I'm in Decatur, and know a few others here and in Huntsville.

I've seen a few Preds fans in Decatur. I'm going to catch a Point Mallard Ducks game tomorrow, or soon if that doesn't happen.

Do you go to many games in Nashville?

Old
01-02-2016, 10:45 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic at the Back View Post
That's cool!

My mom became a basketball fan taking me to Jazz games when I was a kid. New Orleans Jazz....
Nice!

Mama knows enough to ask about "the Weber boy with the hard shot" and the "one you like with the funny name" (Jarnkrok)

I got my hockey love from my dad, who took me to a couple of Dixie Flyers and other minor league games and accompanied me to some of the UAH games during the year I lived in Athens.

Old
01-02-2016, 10:51 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
I've seen a few Preds fans in Decatur. I'm going to catch a Point Mallard Ducks game tomorrow, or soon if that doesn't happen.

Do you go to many games in Nashville?
I have season tickets in Nashville. Admittedly, though, a big reason I've kept them through this season was to get All-Star Game tickets. But I try to make it to as many games as I can. Usually just on weekends though, so 10-12 times a season. Except for playoff games - I go to ALL the playoff games unless something big comes up. Like if work has me out of state or something.

Do you play? One nice thing about living in Decatur is we have pickup hockey on Wednesday nights at Point Mallard, and then there's the adult rec league in Huntsville a short drive away.

MrJoshua is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2016, 11:42 PM
Panic at the Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I have season tickets in Nashville. Admittedly, though, a big reason I've kept them through this season was to get All-Star Game tickets. But I try to make it to as many games as I can. Usually just on weekends though, so 10-12 times a season. Except for playoff games - I go to ALL the playoff games unless something big comes up. Like if work has me out of state or something.

Do you play? One nice thing about living in Decatur is we have pickup hockey on Wednesday nights at Point Mallard, and then there's the adult rec league in Huntsville a short drive away.
Well I want to learn how to skate first. I haven't skated in 30 years, but I was intermural floor hockey champion at U of New Orleans, top scorer too

I'm hoping to get to a game a month for the rest of the season, but job crap gets in the way. Could have a new job coming that will make it much easier to do.

Old
01-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Panic at the Back

Quote:
Nice!

Mama knows enough to ask about "the Weber boy with the hard shot" and the "one you like with the funny name" (Jarnkrok)

I got my hockey love from my dad, who took me to a couple of Dixie Flyers and other minor league games and accompanied me to some of the UAH games during the year I lived in Athens.
That's so sweet. My mom threw away 40 programs autographed by Pistol Pete Maravich after he died, and six months after I got married. Why? Because my older brother and sister left junk in her house for 9 and 13 years respectively. Yeah... it was a lot of money gone.

Old
01-03-2016, 12:41 AM
drwpreds

Die hard fan from Birmingham. Got season tickets (flex) this year for the first time. Its not easy because of the 3 hour drive but we make anywhere from 10-15 games a year. I have often wondered how many Preds fans there are in the Birmingham area- on my trips to Nashville I have seen other cars on the way up with Preds flags/stickers....

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2016, 01:14 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
she must know where Elgin is then

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2016, 01:36 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
she must know where Elgin is then
Oh, yeah. Pass by Elgin on the way to Florence, right? My niece went to UNA so I traveled that way a few times.

Panic, it is a shared trait of all mothers, I'm afraid, myself included. No doubt there have been some 90's treasures that would have brought a fortune today in my kids' rooms had Mom not spirited them away while they were at school.

Old
01-03-2016, 07:43 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Oh, yeah. Pass by Elgin on the way to Florence, right? My niece went to UNA so I traveled that way a few times.

Panic, it is a shared trait of all mothers, I'm afraid, myself included. No doubt there have been some 90's treasures that would have brought a fortune today in my kids' rooms had Mom not spirited them away while they were at school.
yep that's right. I went to LCHS. I would put money that I have a good chance at knowing your sister. very small town. I grew up in Elgin/ rogersville

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2016, 08:43 AM
adsfan

My daughter was in Montgomery for 3 years. She watched some games on TV. She moved to Chicago this summer. She still follows Nashville.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Drake744
Roman For Ya Woman

vCash: 325
Quote:
I'm in Athens, so practically neighbors.
Ah. Home of my favorite athlete...Philip Rivers....

Anyway, there's someone I work with whose car I notice in the parking lot with an Alabama license plate and Preds sticker on the car. I don't know who it is but hey that's one. I also know a guy who lives in....Prattville I believe...who is a big Preds fan.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Preds33
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Ah. Home of my favorite athlete...Philip Rivers....

Anyway, there's someone I work with whose car I notice in the parking lot with an Alabama license plate and Preds sticker on the car. I don't know who it is but hey that's one. I also know a guy who lives in....Prattville I believe...who is a big Preds fan.
That's funny you mention Prattville. I work with someone from there now living in Nashville. I had never heard of that town until he mentioned it.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Panic at the Back

Quote:

Yeah, we laugh about it now... she ended up giving us $10k for downpayment on a house a couple of years later. I think she felt guilty about it. I blame my siblings for it

==

Glad to see the Alabama contingent is strong.

Old
01-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
yep that's right. I went to LCHS. I would put money that I have a good chance at knowing your sister. very small town. I grew up in Elgin/ rogersville
Dena Trammell. My nieces are Alex Murphy and Savannah Trammell. Savannah graduated from there, Alex finished at ASFA down in Birmingham.

Old
01-04-2016, 12:48 PM
AintLifeGrand
Crunchy Jamz Brah

Not to derail, but other than Whaler and I , are there any other GA Preds on here?

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2016, 03:05 PM
NorthAlPredfan

Here in the Huntsville/Toney area. Got to get to a game or two this season. Only been to a preseason game this year.

NorthAlPredfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Panic at the Back

Maybe we can do a North Bama meet and greet for one game.