HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
01-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Adz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Someone had mentioned the Blue Circuit MTA... There a stop we could hop on near the hotel?

If we can't do that, will probably cab it back at night, but we are accustomed to walking miles at a time, so would definitely walk there especially to get some local sites for better or worse.
No, Blue Circuit is only on the City side of the river, and really, once you're across the river you're near enough to the arena to walk if you're used to walking.

The local sites you'll want to see are also on the city side of the river. From what I'm seeing on the map, the hotel is in an industrial area. Once you cross the bridge, you'll have plenty of sightseeing available that's within walking distance, or you can ride the Blue Circuit or the Green Circuit (Purple doesn't have much of historical interest).
http://www.nashvillemta.org/news/pub127.pdf

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 12:30 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
No, Blue Circuit is only on the City side of the river, and really, once you're across the river you're near enough to the arena to walk if you're used to walking.

The local sites you'll want to see are also on the city side of the river. From what I'm seeing on the map, the hotel is in an industrial area. Once you cross the bridge, you'll have plenty of sightseeing available that's within walking distance, or you can ride the Blue Circuit or the Green Circuit (Purple doesn't have much of historical interest).
http://www.nashvillemta.org/news/pub127.pdf
Oh, gotcha, never mind that then.

Gotcha... Definitely want to walk across the bridge, one of your fellow board members here PM'd that there are great views while doing so.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:37 AM
RayP

Tix just came in today(!) and apparently we have access to the Patron Platinum Restaurant. It worth a damn?

Old
01-10-2012, 10:20 AM
predfan98

http://www.bridgestonearena.com/levy.php

it has been a few years since i've gone. if it is still the same, it is a fixed price, "buffet " type, with lots of good food. i am just guessing, since i haven't gone in a while that it is approx $40-50 a person........but i am not sure.

as far as just drinks at the bar, maybe someone else can chime in.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:17 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

I'll be attending the game against Chicago when I'm in town next week. Hopefully the locals take kind to the idiot who wears a jersey of a team that's not playing (I'm a Devils fan), wearing a jersey to a game is a religion for me. I have heard nothing but great things about the city and you better believe I will be cheering for you guys.

Can't wait to get bombed in your fair city and see what should be a great game.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Adz

Some people have a thing about "other" jerseys, but I'd say the majority in Nashville don't care one way or the other. As a new expansion team we saw more of it than we do now, but it isn't uncommon to see jerseys of a team not playing or jerseys from other leagues. Just last night I saw 2 Thrashers fans and 1 Red Wings fan. I'm trying to think which team jersey he wore, but one time a fan in an "outsider" sweater was there to cheer the opponent against us because it would help them in the standings. He was pretty funny in his attempt at obnoxiousness, mainly because it didn't work out for him.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:20 PM
DMBgags

Send a message via AIM to DMBgags
Fell in love with Nashville!

I flew in Friday morning and left Sunday afternoon and the only way I could have had a better time is if the Flyers won. I met up with my friend that drove in from Little Rock (she's a Preds fan and I am sort of weening her into a Flyers fan). She was wearing a Preds jersey and me a Giroux jersey so we got little banter from others when we were holding hands which was funny. The Bridgestone arena is a great building and we had great seats 14 rows behind the Preds bench. It was my first time in another building and it was fantastic! I knew the Flyers fans traveled well but I was still surprised at the number of fans we had there. We hit broadway afterwards and the whole scene was just so cool to me. I will definitely be back every year that we play in Nashville.

Thanks Nashville and Preds and Fans!

DMBgags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:55 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 0
Quote:
Tix just came in today(!) and apparently we have access to the Patron Platinum Restaurant. It worth a damn?
Depends on if its before faceoff or after. If you have before faceoff access its got a nice buffet and bar where you can get your pregame meal. The upside is you get in the building earlier, the downside is its pretty pricey and the food choices are limited.

After faceff access, to me isn't worth the trouble of going up during the game or between periods.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Negative Split

Hey y'all!

A few of my friends and I are road tripping up to Nashville on Saturday to watch the Blackhawks-Preds game. As we're all college-aged females, is there any place you'd recommend that would be safe to park? We're also looking to go out after the game, so are there any clubs/bars that college students frequent? I did a quick Google search and most of the bars I found were for the older crowd. We're looking for somewhere that is mostly dancing and hip hop/techno music, not a sports bar type place.

Thanks!

Negative Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
RayP

Thanks guys... we decided that we're going to pass, and just get some cheap food and beer before the game.

I do have another question. We have a buddy who just now decided he wants to come for the trip, and the game. Can't find any tickets near us, at least not at a reasonable price... but also don't see where I can get a SRO ticket. When and where will those be available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Depends on if its before faceoff or after. If you have before faceoff access its got a nice buffet and bar where you can get your pregame meal. The upside is you get in the building earlier, the downside is its pretty pricey and the food choices are limited.

After faceff access, to me isn't worth the trouble of going up during the game or between periods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
http://www.bridgestonearena.com/levy.php

it has been a few years since i've gone. if it is still the same, it is a fixed price, "buffet " type, with lots of good food. i am just guessing, since i haven't gone in a while that it is approx $40-50 a person........but i am not sure.

as far as just drinks at the bar, maybe someone else can chime in.

Old
01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Split View Post
Hey y'all!

A few of my friends and I are road tripping up to Nashville on Saturday to watch the Blackhawks-Preds game. As we're all college-aged females, is there any place you'd recommend that would be safe to park? We're also looking to go out after the game, so are there any clubs/bars that college students frequent? I did a quick Google search and most of the bars I found were for the older crowd. We're looking for somewhere that is mostly dancing and hip hop/techno music, not a sports bar type place.

Thanks!
You can park for free across the river (walk across a well lit bridge) at LP Field. But I wouldn't park there if you plan on going out after the game for a few hours. Or you can park anywhere downtown. There isn't a "bad" area of downtown to park.

In terms of going out after the game, downtown is reserved for tourists usually. If you want to go out, you will either need to go to midtown (Vanderbilt/Belmont area) or Demonbreun St. The places to go to at Demonbreun are Tin Roof, Red Rooster, Dan McGuinness.

Or if you'd rather stay out downtown and hit up some bars/club, places that college students frequent are: Cadillac Ranch, McFadden's, Buck Wild, Coyote Ugly, Wildhorse, or The Stage or Tootsie's. Most of those are located on 2nd Ave. But Cadillac Ranch is on Broad.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:12 PM
braindead

Quote:
Thanks guys... we decided that we're going to pass, and just get some cheap food and beer before the game.

I do have another question. We have a buddy who just now decided he wants to come for the trip, and the game. Can't find any tickets near us, at least not at a reasonable price... but also don't see where I can get a SRO ticket. When and where will those be available?
There are no SRO tickets. There is an "SRO" area of sorts on the upper level (around Section 315 I think) that has a counter overlooking the ice but you can't buy an SRO ticket. Buy a cheap upper level and figure it out as you go would be my advice. You also can probably pay one of the scalpers outside to take your tickets and give you back a set that has one more seat in it... but I wouldn't bother personally.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:44 PM
AnaheimDucks90

I have a question it is off-topic. My brother are searching for game worn 3rd jerseys of the Predators. Do you know where we could look for it?

AnaheimDucks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 05:16 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
There are no SRO tickets. There is an "SRO" area of sorts on the upper level (around Section 315 I think) that has a counter overlooking the ice but you can't buy an SRO ticket. Buy a cheap upper level and figure it out as you go would be my advice. You also can probably pay one of the scalpers outside to take your tickets and give you back a set that has one more seat in it... but I wouldn't bother personally.
I ended up finding a ticket for under 40, so bout that for him. It's not far from our section, but with 10 tickets already together and him literally being a midget... Well be able to squeeze him in with us.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Horse
Go Canucks!

Any restaurants with decent views of the city. Germantown cafe or ??

Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Not unless you want to take a cab or drive... There is a typical (nothing fancy) Mexican restaurant, called Fiesta Mexicana, up on 4th ave north that has a good view that is within walking distance of downtown. Copper Kettle on 1st ave north has an incredible view of downtown, but they aren't open for dinner (only lunch during the week and breakfast/lunch on the weekends). Or you could walk down to 12th Ave North and walk down into the area we call "The Gulch". It has great views of downtown. They have Watermark, Sambuca, Rusan's, Cantina Laredo, and Urban Flats. I prefer Urban Flats, but it is whatever you are in the mood for...

If you don't mind taking a taxi or driving 1-2 miles, I can give many recommendations for some places that have great views of the city in either East Nashville or down on West End (near Vandy). Just let me know

Hope this helped.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Horse
Go Canucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Not unless you want to take a cab or drive... There is a typical (nothing fancy) Mexican restaurant, called Fiesta Mexicana, up on 4th ave north that has a good view that is within walking distance of downtown. Copper Kettle on 1st ave north has an incredible view of downtown, but they aren't open for dinner (only lunch during the week and breakfast/lunch on the weekends). Or you could walk down to 12th Ave North and walk down into the area we call "The Gulch". It has great views of downtown. They have Watermark, Sambuca, Rusan's, Cantina Laredo, and Urban Flats. I prefer Urban Flats, but it is whatever you are in the mood for...

If you don't mind taking a taxi or driving 1-2 miles, I can give many recommendations for some places that have great views of the city in either East Nashville or down on West End (near Vandy). Just let me know

Hope this helped.
Thanks a lot, google gave me almost nothing, and I found that hard to believe.
Those ones look good, but if you know a couple good ones near Vanderbilt that would also be great.

Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Bongo

I also will be coming to town tomorrow for the Hawks game. Is there anything close to southern cooking that isn't a grease pit near downtown or the arena?

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:25 AM
pastryloafer
Rookie User

Bongo: Monell's! http://monellstn.com/ndininginfo.html

The 6th avenue location is a bit less than a mile and a half from the arena, north of Bicentennial Park.

For a closer place there is Puckett's which is very close to the arena. Just go north on 5th avenue from the arena a couple blocks to Church Street.

pastryloafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Bongo

Thanks. Monell's Saturday hours may be tough to swing but it's just what I was looking for.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:53 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

For the college aged girls that posted. Hang out on 2nd avenue. Also, I can't believe no one has mentioned Printer's Alley! Open til like 4am I believe. There's a fun Karaoke bar that last year was filled with some Hawks fans singing. Pretty fun!

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:37 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
I wouldn't recommend Germantown Cafe for the view as much as I would the food. Great food, reasonably priced. Just a couple of minutes north of downtown via car. Way too far to walk, though.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Bongo

Nashville treated a couple of abandoned hockey fans from Atlanta very well Saturday night. Great pre-game meal at Paradise Park, awesome game with cool fans from both teams, and ended up staying out late at the bars. This is no easy feat for a couple of dudes pushing 60 but we were having so much fun. I'll be back next month.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Cheekier

Coming to Smashville

Hello all. Canuck fan here coming into Nashville for the February 7th Canucks/Preds game. While we'll definitely be in our Canuck regalia, I promise we come in peace!!

We're looking for suggestions of places to go and things to do (outside of the obvious) while in Nashville.

Can you help??

Cheekier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Shea Weber

If you are looking for a good pregame spot with great beer selection and awesome food, Broadway Brewhouse.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote